HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider to the Thrashers

Old
10-18-2009, 11:04 AM
CaptainKishimoto
=-{Astral Finish}-=

vCash: 500
Cory Schneider to the Thrashers

With Lehtonen injured, Atlanta is left with Pavelec (who I do not believe is ready for the NHL, despite his play so far), and Hedberg (who is a decent backup). This winning trend cannot continue with this 'dynamic duo' of goalies we have here. Now considering that Vancouver has locked up Luongo, they probably won't need Schneider (unless he really wants to stay in Vancouver to be a backup). I believe Schneider is ready for the NHL, and can become Atlanta's #1 goaltender (not just short-term, especially with Lehtonen's injury luck).

So far I was thinking that Atlanta could give up Boris Valabik and some picks for him, but I'm not sure...What do you guys think?

CaptainKishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Corey "who the hell am I" SHNEIDER??? No thanks. What makes you think he's better than Pavolec? Besides the fact that Lehtonen is pretty much done here. Pavolec was always considered the heir. Manny Legacy is playing for the AHL farm team and will be signed if Pavs fails.

Try the Islanders.

This thread is FAIL.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:09 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Vancouver has too many defensemen as it is, they don't need Valabik. It makes no sense for Atlanta to acquire Schneider. One of Pavelec or Lehtonen is their goalie of the future, there is no point in going out and acquiring Schneider. It would be a waste of assets and would cause a log jam at goaltender in Atlanta. And anyway, Schneider doesn't have great value. Once he proves himself to be good at the NHL level backing up Luongo, then Vancouver will trade him.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

It is a possibility if(or when) the Thrashers goaltending starts falling back to earth.

Though I agree with Chucky in that Manny Legace is going to have to fall on his face as well before they look to remedy any potential goaltending problems via trade.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

if atlanta trades for a goaltender it will be for a proven goaltender that they know they can rely on to get them to the playoffs, not a prospect goalie that might be good later in his career.

i don't think anything involving atlanta goaltending will be done until lehtonen comes back. if pavelec starts looking bad again they will turn to hedberg(who, despite not having great stats, was the only thrasher goalie with a winning record last year) to get them through until lehtonen comes back.

now if lehtonen looks bad or gets hurt again then all bets are off. i don't think lehtonen can have another injury that forces him to miss more than 1 or 2 games again in the next 5 years without losing his job in atlanta.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:45 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Corey "who the hell am I" SHNEIDER??? No thanks. What makes you think he's better than Pavolec? Besides the fact that Lehtonen is pretty much done here. Pavolec was always considered the heir. Manny Legacy is playing for the AHL farm team and will be signed if Pavs fails.

Try the Islanders.

This thread is FAIL.
this thread fails becuase the crux of the bais of the thread is the belief that schenerider is ready for the nhl--atlanta needs a goalie who they KNOW is ready or in the nhl already and not player just like the goalie they have alrady--who for the record is as highly regarded as scghneider

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post

Try the Islanders.

This thread is FAIL.
Why the Islanders? We don't need Schneider. We have DP, Roloson, Biron, and Koskinen.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Skelator 786*

the canucks won't move schneider right now when his value is low

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:09 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKishimoto View Post
With Lehtonen injured, Atlanta is left with Pavelec (who I do not believe is ready for the NHL, despite his play so far), and Hedberg (who is a decent backup). This winning trend cannot continue with this 'dynamic duo' of goalies we have here. Now considering that Vancouver has locked up Luongo, they probably won't need Schneider (unless he really wants to stay in Vancouver to be a backup). I believe Schneider is ready for the NHL, and can become Atlanta's #1 goaltender (not just short-term, especially with Lehtonen's injury luck).

So far I was thinking that Atlanta could give up Boris Valabik and some picks for him, but I'm not sure...What do you guys think?

How is Schneider any more proven than Pavelec?

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 01:40 PM
bumperkisser

Schneider is not even NHL ready.. why trade for another goalie that is NOT nhl ready

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Norm MacDonald

Unlike Schneider, Pavelec is starting to show that he is an NHL player. What exactly has Cory done to make people think he is an improvement?

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Laterade

Why would the Canucks even do this? If Luongo this injured again who the hell do we call up? Machensey?

Raycroft
Machensey

give me a friggin break.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Steveorama

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
Why would the Canucks even do this? If Luongo this injured again who the hell do we call up? Machensey?

Raycroft
Machensey

give me a friggin break.
The Canucks could not even call up Machesney as his contract is with Manitoba.
The only goalies the Canucks have under contract at any level are Luongo, Raycroft and Schneider. Yikes.

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:05 PM
TheHMan

Cory Schneider's stats: 2-4-1 SV% .877 GAA 3.38

I would think that Vancouver has to recall Schneider and give him at least 10 starts to prove he can handle himself at the NHL level. Otherwise he doesn't have much value right now, especially to a team like Atlanta who may as well go with Pavelec.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
KratomKhrist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
Unlike Schneider, Pavelec is starting to show that he is an NHL player. What exactly has Cory done to make people think he is an improvement?

KratomKhrist* is offline   Reply With Quote