HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barker to Montreal?

Old
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Barker has the potential, skill, frame, and vision to be a top pairing guy within the next year or two. He plays with Campbell, Keith, Seabrook, so being with MTL he'd really shine with talent.

I'd see something like Halak and Sergei and a 3rd, for Barker

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Another BS rumor... Even though, I hope that Sergei can join his best friend Patrick Kane so that both destroys the competition once again. Sergei will flourish there no doubt.

Sergei is just too good to be in the AHL, it is just unfair, seeing slugs like Stewart, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque and Pacioretty playing in the NHL, while it should be Sergei taking one of their spot.

But just for fun:

To Montreal:

Cameron Barker
Dustin Byfuglien
Corey Crawford

To Chicago:

P.K. Subban
Sergei Kostitsyn
Jaroslav Halak
2nd round pick 2010

To get Barker, you have to give something worthy... Sorry to burst you're balloons video gamers !!

I'd like to see Crawford as part of a deal. He's earned a chance but he has been stuck in the minors because of the Hawks signings.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If Chicago is shedding salary, we need to do what we can to get Sharp. There is just no way they can handle Campbell, Teows, Kane, Keith, Huet and Sharp salary wise next season. When is Versteeg an RFA?
Versteeg was signed this summer because of Tallon's screw up (mailed offers, not couriered offers) to Versteeg and Barker would of made them UFA's so Tallon had to break the bank to keep them.

I say send both S-Kost and A-Kost with Halak and a top D prospect like Fischer/Carle/Weber with a 2nd or 3rd for Sharp, Barker and Skille!

Hawks needs to shed salary, Skille is lost in the system because of depth.

Both AK and SK could do well with Toews or Kane and Co., and Halak is a upgrade over Huet or at least a possible strength in pushing Huet to step up his game.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

people seem to forget that Chicago don't have do worry about the cap this year and they want to win the cup this year.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
people seem to forget that Chicago don't have do worry about the cap this year and they want to win the cup this year.
What about when Hossa comes back?

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
You're just assuming that Barker is better than any other option we have actually. Because to make that trade means we take on salary. You could have the best of both worlds, and wait for Free Agency to sign another dman, or just trade another trade chip instead of Halak. But, I am still not sold on Price, and would hate for us to end up trading the better goalie that could turn out to be Halak.
Well Barker is a solution to the Markov injury now and also a possible solution if Markov leaves in two seasons. He is finally becoming the player he was supposed to be when picked after Ovechkin and Malkin.

And whether you like it or not, the team is sold on Price and he is the starter no matter what. So why lose Halak for nothing? Go and get a player that is blossoming into a top pairing defenceman.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Maybe we could include a guy with some cup experience.... Hal Gill .....

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
They don't address it soon though and try to sign Keith, Kane and Toews long term now I would not be surprised to see all three of them given offer sheets!

Buffalo would love to have a hometown boy in Kane.

Toews is the ideal centre to build your team around, young, leader, strong, defensive, offensive and just good!

Keith, with so many teams looking for top pairing Dmen there would be so many teams ready to throw dollars at that guy too.

Bowman(s) would be stupid not to nip this sooner, rather than later. The decent thing that may help Montreal in a trade is the Gainey relationship with the Bowmans and the fact the players Chicago trades can't haunt them as they will be in the East.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
this team has so many problems to address

a puck moving defenseman who can also plays defense
a top 6 fwd with size
a physical 3rd line player
a shutdown 2-way player with size
Streit
Kovalev
Kostopoulos
Bonk

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:46 PM
habfaninvictoria

Kosty Bros Halak, Gill, D'Ago

For

Sharp, Barker

Sharp Gomez Gionta
Pax Plex Cammy

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Boulette Cannon

To MTL: Toews, Sharp & Barker
To CHI: Price, Plekanec, S.Kost & Subban

Meh

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Bryson

If we are gong to be trading with chicago we need to be getting a top 6 forward in return. Sure we can go for barker and when Markov and O'byrne return we are going to have a stacked defense but we still have holes up front and it's going to take more than one scoring line to win a championship.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:04 PM
coolasprICE

Plekanec + Halak for Sharp and 2nd rounder '10

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Barker has the potential, skill, frame, and vision to be a top pairing guy within the next year or two. He plays with Campbell, Keith, Seabrook, so being with MTL he'd really shine with talent.

I'd see something like Halak and Sergei and a 3rd, for Barker
Barker is terrible in his end, if it wasn't for those guys, he'd be exposed on a regular basis. He's a great OD on the PP, but he rarely plays more then 15 minutes a game, and most of it is on the powerplay, where he gets his points. Don't expect him to be in your top 4 unless you pair him up with someone who can make up for his lack of defensive abilities.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Ginu

If we can nab Sharp and Barker, our team is really solid. If you want to keep our #1 center with our #1 scorer:

Camm - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Sharp - Gionta
Latendresse - Plekanec - Lapierre
Pacioretty - Metropolit - Laraque/D'Ago

Hamrlik - Barker
Spacek - Mara
Gill - Gorges

I really think Moen can provide a great foil to Sharp and Gionta with his net play and tendency to score clutch goals the last few years

Imagine our defense when Markov and O'Byrne would come back.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Kosty Bros Halak, Gill, D'Ago

For

Sharp, Barker

Sharp Gomez Gionta
Pax Plex Cammy
I guess you were kidding with that proposal. Swap Gill with Gorges and D'Ago with Patch and Chicago may considered to trade their top scorer and their top prospect at the blue line.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
exactly, and they have more chances to win it with Halak in net than Huet.. Halak is a pretty underrated goaltender, will shine outside Montreal.. MTL has no quality defensemen at he moment, any goaltenders would look bad with this D..

I think Mtl and Chicago make good trade partners, Hawks have some good defensemen while goaltending is clearly a mojor weakness..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
snakeye

Quote:
If we can nab Sharp and Barker, our team is really solid. If you want to keep our #1 center with our #1 scorer:

Camm - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Sharp - Gionta

Hamrlik - Barker
Spacek - Mara
Gill - Gorges

I really think Moen can provide a great foil to Sharp and Gionta with his net play and tendency to score clutch goals the last few years

Sorry but there's no way the leading scorer on this team would be bumped down to the third line.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Kirk Muller

I don't know why people are so down on Sanford as a backup. He was decent enough backing up Luongo in Vancouver.

I think hab fans are the only ones in the league that want goalie controversies just so they can talk about something. At some point you have to cut ties with one of the two.

However I am not sure Barker makes his way to Montreal. I don't have the faith in Gainey to make this type of move.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:23 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
exactly, and they have more chances to win it with Halak in net than Huet.. Halak is a pretty underrated goaltender, will shine outside Montreal.. MTL has no quality defensemen at he moment, any goaltenders would look bad with this D..

I think Mtl and Chicago make good trade partners, Hawks have some good defensemen while goaltending is clearly a mojor weakness..
and Halak is CHEAP

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
and Halak is CHEAP
indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Sorry but there's no way the leading scorer on this team would be bumped down to the third line.
..and no way Gill is still a regular on this line-up..

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-19-2009 at 12:30 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:

Camm - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Sharp - Gionta

Hamrlik - Barker
Spacek - Mara
Gill - Gorges

Cammy Gomez Kosty
Patches Sharp Gionta
Lats Pleks Laps
Moen Metro Laraque

Hammer Spacek
Barker Gorges
Mara MAB

Price
Sanford

Now that is a good looking lineup. Pleks possibly one of the best 3rd line centers in the league, Second and first line can be changed (although still missing a top 6 winger... third line can provide scoring perhaps)

Gorges solid on D. Barker is big and Offensive, could be a great pairing. much bigger top 6. Fixes a lot of problems.

PP:

Cammy Gomez Sharp
MAB Barker

AK Pleks Gio
Hammer Spacek

Now those are two solid PPs!!

What we give up: Sergei, Halak, Weber and a 2nd

What we get: Sharp, Barker

And when Markov is back, awesomeness ensues

Markov Barker
Hammer Gorges
Spacek Obyrne/Mara/Gill/MAB

EDIT: sry i just got really excited with the prospect of getting both Sharp and Barker... I know it is unlikely but it just makes me happy to see this lineup

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
I'm sorry. I don't think in any possible reality Plekanec is considered our best player. I don't care if he has 1 point or 100 at this point in the season. The fact that he's the leading scorer on this team right now means a big fat zero. He has to do more than play well in 7 games to change the impression of him from the last 2 years. He is small and we need size on our top 2 lines. Seriously. I'm not hating on him because he's had a great beginning to the season. Your comment tho is a little ridiculous.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
To Montreal:

Cameron Barker
Troy Brouwer
Corey Crawford

To Chicago:

Sergei Kostitsyn
P.K. Subban
Jaroslav Halak
2nd round pick 2010

You're extremely overrating Cam Barker... an awful trade for the Habs.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 11:57 PM
snakeye

Quote:
I'm sorry. I don't think in any possible reality Plekanec is considered our best player. I don't care if he has 1 point or 100 at this point in the season. The fact that he's the leading scorer on this team right now means a big fat zero. He has to do more than play well in 7 games to change the impression of him from the last 2 years. He is small and we need size on our top 2 lines. Seriously. I'm not hating on him because he's had a great beginning to the season. Your comment tho is a little ridiculous.
Fail. Last season, he sucked, as did the entire team. Still, he managed 1 PPG for over one month (I think Feb), which is no fluke. The season before that, he had 69 points in 81 games, playing with a first line player (Kovalev). Gomez, with his 7+ mil contract, made one point more than him that year. If in your eyes he's a third liner, then you're smoking some real good stuff.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote