HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barker to Montreal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM
  #51
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'm sorry. I don't think in any possible reality Plekanec is considered our best player. I don't care if he has 1 point or 100 at this point in the season. The fact that he's the leading scorer on this team right now means a big fat zero. He has to do more than play well in 7 games to change the impression of him from the last 2 years. He is small and we need size on our top 2 lines. Seriously. I'm not hating on him because he's had a great beginning to the season. Your comment tho is a little ridiculous.
Two years ago he was second in goals and second in points on the league's best offensive team. Be honest, he needs to change the impression of him from last year only. Plekanec has been excellent for this team his whole career with the exception of last year. Overall he's been a model of consistency.

He's been the first to recognize he had a terrible year (and even then he still was our 3rd best goal scorer, believe it or not). His work ethics are incredible, he clearly wants to show us he can be a 1st line center (not just 2nd and definitively not 3rd!) and that last year was an anomaly.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:25 AM
  #52
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Another BS rumor... Even though, I hope that Sergei can join his best friend Patrick Kane so that both destroys the competition once again. Sergei will flourish there no doubt.

Sergei is just too good to be in the AHL, it is just unfair, seeing slugs like Stewart, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque and Pacioretty playing in the NHL, while it should be Sergei taking one of their spot.

But just for fun:

To Montreal:

Cameron Barker
Troy Brouwer
Corey Crawford

To Chicago:

Sergei Kostitsyn
P.K. Subban
Jaroslav Halak
2nd round pick 2010


To get Barker, you have to give something worthy... Sorry to burst you're balloons video gamers !!



You're = You are. your as in possessive = your. Your car, your brain, your dream world, etc.

Corey Crawford sucks, but we would need a goalie for the A. I'd do it, but that's me. I have a crush on Barker AND Brouwer. I'm a ton of you have seen.

Though, realistically, a defenseman from our team, currently playing int he NHL would have to go back. This is why I don't believe this.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
  #53
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
The way things are shaping up in Chicago, it seems to make perfect sense that they would trade Barker this year, in order to afford all the RFA's they have next year, which include Toews, kane and ladd -- three big pieces up front -- and Keith and Hjarmalsson -- two guys getting WAY more minutes than Barker. Basically, besides the PP, Quenneville doesn't much trust Barker, or at least not nearly as much as the top 4. So Barker is expendable, seeing as though Seabrook, keith and Campbell can easily take on the bulk of the PP duties if necessary. The problem for the Habs in all this is that if they want Barker NOW, they have to give the moon, because Chicago can wait till the deadline to move Barker -- it isn't like they are losing and desperate like us. The sad thing is that Barker is not bad on defense (from the couple games i've seen this year). It's just the other guys are better. From what i can tell, he'd be a 1 or 2 in our lineup on tuesday... Just goes to show how good the blackhawks are. What a sick team! If a trade did happen NOW, though, this is what i envision going down:

Cam Barker
Corey Crawford
for

Jaro Halak
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2010
2nd round pick 2011


I know I know, where's S. Kost? Guess what, Chicago does not want him. He's the complete opposite of what they like or need. A team desperate for a jolt somewhere in the season will trade for him. Not Chicago. No, Chicago wants an instant improvement on goaltending, top picks, someone who can replace Barker, and very little salary. Barker is basically a bottom pairing d-man right now when he's not on the PP. Who better to replace him with a similar guy but for a fraction of the cost? And remember, this trade would look a lot different in March, when Chicago would be more desperate to move Barker.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
  #54
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants
 
shiftycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
ummmm why would Chicago need another young goalie? They already have Crawford and Niemi waiting in the wings to take over for Huet....

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:42 AM
  #55
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
How many defensemen can this team possibly carry?
Eight? I mean, by the time Markov gets back, it might be past the trade deadline and the roster limit of 23 might no longer apply.

The advantadge of Barker is, the Habs would get to keep him past this year, strengthening their D in the long term. Markov-Spacek-Hamrlik-Barker-Gorges-O'Byrne-Gill (or however you wish to order it) isn't very shabby, even if they don't re-sign Bergeron and Mara.

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
  #56
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
The way things are shaping up in Chicago, it seems to make perfect sense that they would trade Barker this year, in order to afford all the RFA's they have next year, which include Toews, kane and ladd -- three big pieces up front -- and Keith and Hjarmalsson -- two guys getting WAY more minutes than Barker. Basically, besides the PP, Quenneville doesn't much trust Barker, or at least not nearly as much as the top 4. So Barker is expendable, seeing as though Seabrook, keith and Campbell can easily take on the bulk of the PP duties if necessary. The problem for the Habs in all this is that if they want Barker NOW, they have to give the moon, because Chicago can wait till the deadline to move Barker -- it isn't like they are losing and desperate like us. The sad thing is that Barker is not bad on defense (from the couple games i've seen this year). It's just the other guys are better. From what i can tell, he'd be a 1 or 2 in our lineup on tuesday... Just goes to show how good the blackhawks are. What a sick team! If a trade did happen NOW, though, this is what i envision going down:

Cam Barker
Corey Crawford
for

Jaro Halak
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2010
2nd round pick 2011


I know I know, where's S. Kost? Guess what, Chicago does not want him. He's the complete opposite of what they like or need. A team desperate for a jolt somewhere in the season will trade for him. Not Chicago. No, Chicago wants an instant improvement on goaltending, top picks, someone who can replace Barker, and very little salary. Barker is basically a bottom pairing d-man right now when he's not on the PP. Who better to replace him with a similar guy but for a fraction of the cost? And remember, this trade would look a lot different in March, when Chicago would be more desperate to move Barker.
i disagree about this whole 'moon' thing. if huet continues to suck, the 'hawks are going nowhere. if they want a really good young NHL caliber goalie with a small cap hit, then barker will be dealt for halak, kanes buddy and maybe a mid level pick. but i expect the habs would want a forward too...brouwer or maybe eager though neither are top 6 ...sergei has more O upside

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
  #57
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Isn't Barker making or about to make 3.25M/per how could the Habs afford him?

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
  #58
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Another BS rumor... Even though, I hope that Sergei can join his best friend Patrick Kane so that both destroys the competition once again. Sergei will flourish there no doubt.

Sergei is just too good to be in the AHL, it is just unfair, seeing slugs like Stewart, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque and Pacioretty playing in the NHL, while it should be Sergei taking one of their spot.

But just for fun:

To Montreal:

Cameron Barker
Troy Brouwer
Corey Crawford

To Chicago:

Sergei Kostitsyn
P.K. Subban
Jaroslav Halak
2nd round pick 2010


To get Barker, you have to give something worthy... Sorry to burst you're balloons video gamers !!




Why do you always have to bring down other Habs player to praise your Kostitsyn. I like him, I do think that he will help this team but I dont talk **** about every Habs player that is battling for the same spot as Sergei.

S. Kostitsyn acted very unprofessional by refusing to report in Hamilton. Remember when Lapierre, who thought he had a sure spot at the beginning of season 07-08, was sent down. He had fire in his eyes in an interview when he left the Bell center after knowning that he was cut, you can clearly see that he was mad and thought it was unfair but like every professional player, he reported to the Dogs and played is best hockey. He was recalled and never came back to Hamilton. If Sergei showed a little bit of professionalism, he would be playing for the Habs now. Stop acting like he is a god and everything he did was correct.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:12 AM
  #59
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
i disagree about this whole 'moon' thing. if huet continues to suck, the 'hawks are going nowhere. if they want a really good young NHL caliber goalie with a small cap hit, then barker will be dealt for halak, kanes buddy and maybe a mid level pick. but i expect the habs would want a forward too...brouwer or maybe eager though neither are top 6 ...sergei has more O upside
Chicago's team is becoming like Detroit, in the sense that they can flat out win games with practically anyone in nets. Yeah, of course they want to get better in nets, but guess what, as much as halak is an improvement on all those guys, he's also never played a full season, or proven that he can be the go-to guy for an ENTIRE season. If you were in their shoes, would you give away a guy in Barker, who's an effing jackpot for any team, a top 3 pick with oodles of potential, for Halak, a 7th rounder who's played some great games, sure, but is by no means a blue chipper? I mean let's face it, Barker's the big piece here, and Chicago going to look for the best deal possible before moving him. And again, Kostitsyn is so not helpful to chicago right now it isn't even funny. They probably have, top to bottom, one of the top 5 most balanced lines in the league... and thats without Hossa! And that's before i launch into the chemistry issue! I mean let's get real here. GM's don't just take players because that's who the other team wants to give you. It doesn't work like that, unless you have no choice in the matter. And like i said, Chicago's got plenty of choices right now.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:21 AM
  #60
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
NO! JUST NO!!!!!!!!
Hey man, i'm just saying what it'll take to land Barker right now. You do realize who Barker is right? The 3rd pick overall in the 04' draft? He's 23 years old. He could be the next Pronger. Seriously. Watch a Chicago game sometime, and you'll start to see what i'm talking about. Maybe Chicago would need to throw in a draft pick too, or MTL wouldn't have to add the 2nd rounder. But believe me, this trade ain't happening without a MTL 1st rounder, in either 2010 or 2011, going.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:22 AM
  #61
habsfans333*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Mali
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Hey man, i'm just saying what it'll take to land Barker right now. You do realize who Barker is right? The 3rd pick overall in the 04' draft? He's 23 years old. He could be the next Pronger. Seriously. Watch a Chicago game sometime, and you'll start to see what i'm talking about. Maybe Chicago would need to throw in a draft pick too, or MTL wouldn't have to add the 2nd rounder. But believe me, this trade ain't happening without a MTL 1st rounder, in either 2010 or 2011, going.
You are a GM now?

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:27 AM
  #62
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
You are a GM now?
Whatever dude. You can nitpick what i say, but everything i write is logical, and seen from both team's perspective, in terms of the overall make up of their teams and what condition they're in. I put a lot of time and research into these posts. The least you could do is respect that and at least have something constructive to say in reply.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:10 AM
  #63
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
You are a GM now?
He's right. As of right now, there's absolutely no point to trade Barker unless it strengthens a weakness of Chicago.

Can anyone honestly say Halak can step in, play 50ish games (maybe less) for Chicago and be close to great in all of them ? No, you can't.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 02:11 AM
  #64
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Man I would LOVE to have Barker land here.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:14 AM
  #65
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
I honestly wouldn't be apposed to trading both Kostitsyn's ++ for Barker.

Barker would realistically be our #1 or #2 defenseman until Markov returns and a long term fixture on our blueline.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:20 AM
  #66
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I honestly wouldn't be apposed to trading both Kostitsyn's ++ for Barker.

Barker would realistically be our #1 or #2 defenseman until Markov returns and a long term fixture on our blueline.
Chicago knows the brothers Kostitsyn are a bunch of trouble makers, i think we'd need to sweeten the deal a bit mor to get Barker. He wont be traded over for only the K bros.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 05:26 AM
  #67
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Chicago knows the brothers Kostitsyn are a bunch of trouble makers, i think we'd need to sweeten the deal a bit mor to get Barker. He wont be traded over for only the K bros.
I agree... thats why I said +++ .

But everyone knows Chicago is going to be in a salary cap crisis once Hossa returns (and an even bigger problem in the off-season with Toews and Kane needing new deals)... and come to think of it, even Kostitsyn's salary would probably be too much for Chicago to take on, so he'd be out of the question.

Chicago isn't going to trade these guys away for nothing... but they also don't have the leverage to get the kind of return a player like Barker would otherwise normally get because they're screwed cap-wise.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 05:52 AM
  #68
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
What the hell are you guys smoking? Barker is not the next Pronger! You guys are overrating the kid like crazy. He's a second pairing offensive defenseman. I wouldn't trade Subban for him one for one.

That being said, i'm all for Sharp and/or Barker at the right price. They'd both fill bigtime needs right now.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:18 AM
  #69
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'm sorry. I don't think in any possible reality Plekanec is considered our best player. I don't care if he has 1 point or 100 at this point in the season. The fact that he's the leading scorer on this team right now means a big fat zero. He has to do more than play well in 7 games to change the impression of him from the last 2 years. He is small and we need size on our top 2 lines. Seriously. I'm not hating on him because he's had a great beginning to the season. Your comment tho is a little ridiculous.
Your comment is even more ridiculous.

If Plekanec had 100 points already, he'd be the best player in the league. If he scored 14.3 points-per-game, you're still telling he'd need to do more to change your opinion?

If that's the case, your judgment in talent would be the ridiculous thing. Of course it's impossible, but you're the one who said it.

PS. 2-years ago, he was incredible. If in a bad year (last season), he's still going to score 20-goals for $1.5M, I'm not complaining. The guy is absolute money - and now that he's showing he isn't a little girl, he's fantastic. Best two-way centre this team has seen in a long, long time.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:29 AM
  #70
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,468
vCash: 500
I would love to have Barker but I wonder how many people here have actually seen him play.

He's not very good defensively, and isn't exactly a speed demon.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:32 AM
  #71
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
It would probably be Barker, Huet for Kostitsyn, Halak and a mid round pick.

Chicago will have many offers for Barker and Sharp. They will wait until they rob another team before they make a move.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:33 AM
  #72
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,553
vCash: 500
If the habs can get Barker great....
but this happens everweek
halak+segei+2nd for anyone
call me when the deal is done

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:41 AM
  #73
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs


THIS IS CAM BARKER.

The next Chuck Norris of the MTL Canadiens

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:50 AM
  #74
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Chicago knows the brothers Kostitsyn are a bunch of trouble makers,
Really, how would they know that - did you tell them? What trouble have they caused? Mind sharing this insider info you got.

Last year it was rumored they hung around with a nobody who wanted to be a big time mobster but was really an outsider playing cops & robbers. The local press because of their psychotic need to cause melodrama made him out to be the next Rizzuto.

This year Sergei misses a team bus but makes it anyhow to a game in Quebec City and J.M. shouts at him because Sergei is still in Carbo Standard time. Despite the fact he was recovering from shoulder surgery and couldn't work out, the organization decided they didn't like his work ethic and his game conditioning. They sent him to Hamilton. Sergei who has an ego the size of the Goodyear blimp basically tells them you're a bunch of idiots. Play me or trade me. Time is showing that Sergei was half right. They are a bunch of idiots running the team.

Wanna compare this to Kane who gets drunk, attempts to steal money from a cabbie, beats him up and then effing lies about it to the cops and the press?

Also, you wanna compare the way The Hawks handled that situation and the way our geniuses handled Sergei?

Yeah, the Kostistyns are trouble makers.


Last edited by onice: 10-19-2009 at 06:59 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 07:23 AM
  #75
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
That article is just hearsay.. there's no "real" rumor here, just speculation. That being said, if we could get Barker it'd be nice.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.