Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shuffling the deck

Old
10-15-2009, 11:44 PM
indigosurf

vCash: 500
Shuffling the deck

Looks like Brent Sutter's trying to shake things up quite a bit. Not sure if it's quite a good idea as we're facing the 'Nucks tomorrow, but some notable promotions/demotions include Conroy and Glencross getting bumped up to play with Iginla, and Jokinen being moved to the third-line with Ny-Sjo as his wingers.

Thoughts about the article & new lines/pairings?

indigosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
What about the second line? They're as big a liability out there as anyone else.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

very happy to see this. maybe we can get some better offense going, along with combining our def. minded forwards with regular top 6ers.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 12:44 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I'm looking forward to seeing this top line of Glencross-Conroy-Iginla.

Conroy has shown to be able to play well with both Glencross and Iginla, and he and Glencross can both play defensive and gritty hockey. Could work out really well.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 01:50 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Interesting. It may make Iginla carry the line, as well as pairing him up with someone who looks to pass the puck. I too wonder whats going on with the second line. Langkow and Bourque are too good defensively to be minus players, never mind amongst the worst on the team. I guess the lines would be:

Glencross-Conroy-Nystrom
Bourque-Langkow-Dawes
Nystrom-Jokinen-Sjostrom
Prust-Boyd-Mcgratten

This sucks that Boyd is still on the 4th line, he has shown alot of offensive flair so far this season, and it would be nice to see him play with good linemates.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Kaptah

Jokinen has 5 points in 7 games and is -1. Iginla has 4 points in 7 games and is -2. I guess Iginla has played better than his stats show because he's not the one moved to third line.

Kaptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigosurf View Post
Looks like Brent Sutter's trying to shake things up quite a bit. Not sure if it's quite a good idea as we're facing the 'Nucks tomorrow, but some notable promotions/demotions include Conroy and Glencross getting bumped up to play with Iginla, and Jokinen being moved to the third-line with Ny-Sjo as his wingers.

Thoughts about the article & new lines/pairings?
A link to the article is needed.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Ruralcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptah View Post
Jokinen has 5 points in 7 games and is -1. Iginla has 4 points in 7 games and is -2. I guess Iginla has played better than his stats show because he's not the one moved to third line.
Hey it's Iginla. Even the coach is wearing rose colored glasses. I don't understand why this guy can play mediocor unispired Hockey for a least 4 to 5 games this year and still stay on the top line? although i liked it when Brent started cutting back his icetime. Amazing how he actually started trying......to earn more ice. To me...that's not a captain.

Ruralcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 02:47 PM
canadajazz

Rural coach I'd have to respectfully disagree with you....

Sounds pretty fairweather to say Iggy wasn't trying before...ofcourse he was, it's practically inherent in his nature to give it his all, that's why he's so widely respected for his leadership and strength of character... it's not even TEN GAMES into the season and you're already condemning him for playing 'uninspired hockey,' this man has been the elite scorer and face of our franchise for years, give it a bit of time... it IS a new coach and a new team, Iginla will prevail.

This reminds me of the year Alfredsson had some difficulties for the first 20 games and all the fairweather sens fans called him a bad captain and accused him of playing no heart... he ended up finishing in the top 15 for points and leading the charge in the last half of the season.

canadajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Ruralcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post
Rural coach I'd have to respectfully disagree with you....

Sounds pretty fairweather to say Iggy wasn't trying before...ofcourse he was, it's practically inherent in his nature to give it his all, that's why he's so widely respected for his leadership and strength of character... it's not even TEN GAMES into the season and you're already condemning him for playing 'uninspired hockey,' this man has been the elite scorer and face of our franchise for years, give it a bit of time... it IS a new coach and a new team, Iginla will prevail.

This reminds me of the year Alfredsson had some difficulties for the first 20 games and all the fairweather sens fans called him a bad captain and accused him of playing no heart... he ended up finishing in the top 15 for points and leading the charge in the last half of the season.
Iggy will prevail? Yes i really hope your right. B.Sutter holds no favorites and it was evident by him cutting back Iggy's icetime. This inspired Iggy to start playing better and he did,and he's starting to earn more icetime. Watch his game closely. He's not a $7mm dollar threat on the ice anymore.....at least not playing the style he's playing right now. He needs to be in front of the net being a power foreward,not on the half boards trying to be Joe Thorton. I guess that would be the coaching staffs job.

Ruralcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Johnson will be making his Flames debut tomorrow, according to the Herald.

Quote:
Judging by the line combinations at practice, the former Chicago Blackhawk defenceman is expected to play Tuesday against Columbus.

Johnson teamed up with Mark Giordano. Adam Pardy looks like he’s heading for the press box as a healthy scratch.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote