HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bye Belle, welcome Bergy!

Old
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
not a savior but a must needed shot on the PP

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:41 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
Does anyone know what number he'll be wearing or what number he wore with the Bulldogs?
I'm pretty sure #47

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:49 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

He'll be better on defense than both Gill & Mara combined on the same pairing. Not too difficult I'd say...

So an improvement across the board yes.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 06:13 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Well I'm certainly not pinning any hopes other than PP improvement on MAB right now. All I'm wondering is if that improvement of our PP will be in part or totally offset by his defensive liability 5-on-5. We already have Gill to provide the entertainment value of constant defensive turnovers, not sure we can take 2 on the same D squad.

Also, I wouldn't send Belle down. He's proven he can be a decent #7, more so than Weber, and I don't think he has much to learn at the AHL level still.
The only way to keep Belle up and not risk losing a defenceman to waivers is to keep only 2 extra forwards and one extra defenceman. However, Pacioretty is the only waiver-exempt forward on the squad and his game has improved a bit so I can't see him being sent down at this time. The four worst-performing forwards are all waiver-eligible, meaning Chipchura, Stewart, D'Agostini and Laraque. I guess Metropolit could go on the IR to avoid having to send someone down, but isn't he day to day?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

If you check nhl.com and look at the stats and toi, you will see that Gill is 7th on the team on TOI. And he's only 3ish minutes ahead of Plekanec and Mara. Those 3 minutes ahead of Mara are probably from his 19 minutes and then being benched, otherwise, Gill would be 8th. Markov in the lineup, Gill is 9th. He doesn't get as much time as everyone seems to think. It's just everyone is looking for him to be on the ice to see if he makes a mistake so you can come on here, bash the guy to make yourselves seem intelligent.
More like everytime he's on the ice he gets noticed by making a mistake which makes it seem like he's always on the freaking ice because he's always making freaking mistakes

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

seriously, I think he fits in our roster. A goal went off his skate and he tried to punch out a player after they decked our most expensive off-season acquisition (might have been a dead play). Those are the only two "bad" plays he's made. He's fast enough, smart enough, talented enough to be in the top 6. Most importantly he's good at defence. That's far more important to me for a D right now on our team that whatever MAB is going to bring (IF everyone is right about how much he sucks in his own zone). Even Benoit and Pierre have praised Belle and not that they are great examples of experts, but they would tend not to praise him if his number is not 84.
This I agree.

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Pascal

Belle played very very well for a rookie. He surprised me. He had good poise with the puck which is quite rare for a first year player.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Thought on saw him on the Bulldogs scoresheet yesterday.
Yes, he played well against the Wolves, 3rd Star I think. Made a sweet play leading to the Bulldogs 1st goal

edit: my bad, Russell was the 3rd star (though not sure why)

Last edited by windycity: 10-19-2009 at 11:12 AM.
windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 12:31 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Belle played very very well for a rookie. He surprised me. He had good poise with the puck which is quite rare for a first year player.
He played solid (-2) but he's had over 200 AHL games. Not a rookie in the sense of a Subban or Weber.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
PunkinDrublic*

LOL @ the Bergeron love. He is not going to solve squat right now. The team is lacking confidence. Bergeron is not the type of player that will install confidence.
All you Bergeron fanboys will quickly understand what i am saying soon enough.
you think it was for no reason at all he was without contract, must be he had too many and din't know what to do ?
Look at for the breakaways when he is on the ice ( against us ).

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
LOL @ the Bergeron love. He is not going to solve squat right now. The team is lacking confidence. Bergeron is not the type of player that will install confidence.
All you Bergeron fanboys will quickly understand what i am saying soon enough.
you think it was for no reason at all he was without contract, must be he had too many and din't know what to do ?
Look at for the breakaways when he is on the ice ( against us ).
No, there was a reason. Collecting 14 goals and 32 points kind of gives a self-entitlement to ask for more than 750k. He thought he was worth a certain amount, no one else did and by the team he realized it, no team needed him until Montréal was struck with injuries.

He's not a guy to give confidence to the team by just being in the lineup, but he will make the powerplay better (though, probably not at first since he and others will have to get use to each other) but once the pp starts clicking, the instills confidence in everyone else.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
PunkinDrublic*

In his first 5 power plays, i am almost willing to bet he gives up at least 1 breakaway. See Patrice Brisebois. He is a copy conforme.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
kostitsyn1489

Belle > Gill

/Thread

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Crowdah

MAB has a great Great Shot........One trick pony I'm afraid.

Crowdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

before last year i kept hearing how bad lang was and he thrived here
i'll give mab a chance

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Belle > Gill

/Thread
Gill 6'7" > Belle 6'1"

/Case Closed

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Dark4ng3l

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/284495.html

RDS is treating Bergeron like a savior for the team. I especially love the title "JE VEUX AIDER L'ÉQUIPE À GAGNER". I mean you can't get any more obvious than that. These are hockey players. Their entire job is play well, team wins and they get paid more.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The only way to keep Belle up and not risk losing a defenceman to waivers is to keep only 2 extra forwards and one extra defenceman. However, Pacioretty is the only waiver-exempt forward on the squad and his game has improved a bit so I can't see him being sent down at this time. The four worst-performing forwards are all waiver-eligible, meaning Chipchura, Stewart, D'Agostini and Laraque. I guess Metropolit could go on the IR to avoid having to send someone down, but isn't he day to day?
I'd bet a penny or two that Stewart would pass through waivers fairly easily. At the very worst, he doesn't. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote