HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flu v. Kings 10/17/09

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2009, 04:10 PM
  #101
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,900
vCash: 500
Looks like Doughty made a bad call pinching in on a puck he wasn't going to get to. Williams getting undressed by Rick Nash shouldn't come as a surprise. He'd do that against defensemen as well.

Now where is the video of Frolov's assist on Chimera's goal?

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
  #102
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Looks like Doughty made a bad call pinching in on a puck he wasn't going to get to. Williams getting undressed by Rick Nash shouldn't come as a surprise. He'd do that against defensemen as well.

Now where is the video of Frolov's assist on Chimera's goal?
I figured that one was already burned into everyone's memory.

JDM is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
  #103
sueroe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
As promised, here is a further break-down of the break-down that led to Nash's short handed goal.

Video:



Explanation: http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/19/fo...f-perspective/

Does this curb your Williams hate? It should.
I get your point JDM, as you could see there was more than one break down in that play. I like Williams but he looked really bad there on that play! lol! I know he was trying to play defense and its Rick Nash, but that wasn't pretty. Still no reason to leave it all on him on that one.

sueroe is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
  #104
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
I get your point JDM, as you could see there was more than one break down in that play. I like Williams but he looked really bad there on that play! lol! I know he was trying to play defense and its Rick Nash, but that wasn't pretty. Still no reason to leave it all on him on that one.
Well that was really my only point in posting the video. I read too many comments that basically said that play was all on Williams, which is absurd. When I watched it live I went "NO SMYTH!" before Nash even had that puck.

He did look bad though, Nash juked him out of his skates (do people juke in hockey... or is it jooke... do people even say juke/jook anymore?).

JDM is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
  #105
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Does this curb your Williams hate? It should.


I really like Williams, but I hate him on the point still. I dont disagree that he is not to blame for the break out that can happen to anyone. However his defensive play made it look like Nash was going up against some guy out of the beer league. Hell with Williams speed there is no reason why he couldnt have took the body instead of that weak ass poke / sweep thingy.

Matt13 is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
  #106
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I really like Williams, but I hate him on the point still. I dont disagree that he is not to blame for the break out that can happen to anyone. However his defensive play made it look like Nash was going up against some guy out of the beer league. Hell with Williams speed there is no reason why he couldnt have took the body instead of that weak ass poke / sweep thingy.
Good thing he chose to be a forward and not a defenseman for his NHL career.

It was embarassing but that kind of embarassment happens frequently when a winger is forced in to being the only guy back.

BigKing is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
  #107
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I really like Williams, but I hate him on the point still. I dont disagree that he is not to blame for the break out that can happen to anyone. However his defensive play made it look like Nash was going up against some guy out of the beer league. Hell with Williams speed there is no reason why he couldnt have took the body instead of that weak ass poke / sweep thingy.
I'm growing less fond of him on the point as well.

I don't think it is because he can't play the point, I just don't think he and Doughty have ANY chemistry back there. Doughty and Stoll do. And in preseason the PP was almost always Johnson-Williams on the first unit, and those two looked to read each other VERY well.

I wouldn't mind Drewiske replacing WIlliams, but I'd rather try Williams-Johnson and Doughty-Stoll first.

JDM is offline  
Old
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
  #108
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Good thing he chose to be a forward and not a defenseman for his NHL career.

It was embarassing but that kind of embarassment happens frequently when a winger is forced in to being the only guy back.
Its the difference between players who spend most of the time skating forwards and those who spend 1/2 the time skating backwards. Not everyone can be a defenseman. And when a winger gets caught playing Defense against a quick skating quick shooting forward (a la Nash), it can look very ugly, as it did.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.