HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flu v. Kings 10/17/09

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Looks like Doughty made a bad call pinching in on a puck he wasn't going to get to. Williams getting undressed by Rick Nash shouldn't come as a surprise. He'd do that against defensemen as well.

Now where is the video of Frolov's assist on Chimera's goal?

Old
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Looks like Doughty made a bad call pinching in on a puck he wasn't going to get to. Williams getting undressed by Rick Nash shouldn't come as a surprise. He'd do that against defensemen as well.

Now where is the video of Frolov's assist on Chimera's goal?
I figured that one was already burned into everyone's memory.

Old
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
As promised, here is a further break-down of the break-down that led to Nash's short handed goal.

Video:

Explanation: http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/19/fo...f-perspective/

Does this curb your Williams hate? It should.
I get your point JDM, as you could see there was more than one break down in that play. I like Williams but he looked really bad there on that play! lol! I know he was trying to play defense and its Rick Nash, but that wasn't pretty. Still no reason to leave it all on him on that one.

Old
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
I get your point JDM, as you could see there was more than one break down in that play. I like Williams but he looked really bad there on that play! lol! I know he was trying to play defense and its Rick Nash, but that wasn't pretty. Still no reason to leave it all on him on that one.
Well that was really my only point in posting the video. I read too many comments that basically said that play was all on Williams, which is absurd. When I watched it live I went "NO SMYTH!" before Nash even had that puck.

He did look bad though, Nash juked him out of his skates (do people juke in hockey... or is it jooke... do people even say juke/jook anymore?).

Old
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Does this curb your Williams hate? It should.

I really like Williams, but I hate him on the point still. I dont disagree that he is not to blame for the break out that can happen to anyone. However his defensive play made it look like Nash was going up against some guy out of the beer league. Hell with Williams speed there is no reason why he couldnt have took the body instead of that weak ass poke / sweep thingy.

Old
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I really like Williams, but I hate him on the point still. I dont disagree that he is not to blame for the break out that can happen to anyone. However his defensive play made it look like Nash was going up against some guy out of the beer league. Hell with Williams speed there is no reason why he couldnt have took the body instead of that weak ass poke / sweep thingy.
Good thing he chose to be a forward and not a defenseman for his NHL career.

It was embarassing but that kind of embarassment happens frequently when a winger is forced in to being the only guy back.

Old
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I'm growing less fond of him on the point as well.

I don't think it is because he can't play the point, I just don't think he and Doughty have ANY chemistry back there. Doughty and Stoll do. And in preseason the PP was almost always Johnson-Williams on the first unit, and those two looked to read each other VERY well.

I wouldn't mind Drewiske replacing WIlliams, but I'd rather try Williams-Johnson and Doughty-Stoll first.

Old
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Good thing he chose to be a forward and not a defenseman for his NHL career.

It was embarassing but that kind of embarassment happens frequently when a winger is forced in to being the only guy back.
Its the difference between players who spend most of the time skating forwards and those who spend 1/2 the time skating backwards. Not everyone can be a defenseman. And when a winger gets caught playing Defense against a quick skating quick shooting forward (a la Nash), it can look very ugly, as it did.

Closed Thread