HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Pittsburgh - Minnesota

Old
10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
Ughhh... so says the guy whos a fan of a team with TUCKER on it...
There's a hidden assumption which you are making here, and it's false.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 05:24 PM
mashsoccer37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
You might hate him, but he's a very effective player. Much better than he gets credit for on these boards. He's an agitator that can actually play. He can skate, hit, forecheck, score a little and agitate with the best of them.
You hit the nail on the head about Cooke, which is why he is a valuable player to have around during the playoffs. In fact, when playoff time rolls around, I think it's debatable that Matt Cooke might be more valuable than Tyler Kennedy to the team. The Pens have a proven set of players from last year, who have shown that they can play in Bylsma's system. I feel that it would take a big overpayment to get Cooke because he is an important cog in the machine, which is our 3rd line. I feel that depth and the threat of secondary scoring is what won us the cup last year, and it would take an overpayment to break up a consistent line.

mashsoccer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 05:26 PM
InCoggNito

Send a message via MSN to InCoggNito
Pretty Fair Deal, But I dont see the Pens Trading Cooke, Zabotel, or Lovejoy. They should trade dupuis.

InCoggNito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Brunette will cost more than a 2nd rounder
I highly doubt that.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 06:28 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I highly doubt that.
Then the Wild have no reason to trade him, as he is a 50+ point player on an good contract, while having good chemistry with the best forward on the team, Koivu. He has another year, there is no point in trading him for nothing this year. And a 3rd round pick is really nothing. Brunette has far more value to the Wild than Nolan does at this point, and has another year, and most people even here feel Nolan is worth at least a 3rd.

The Wild just traded for Kobasew, a similar paid player with less production, and gave up a 2nd + prospect for him. Brunette is as valuable as Kobasew, if not more.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 06:28 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGOgadgetGuinos View Post
They will at the deadline.
Depends what position they're in. If they are in the top 3 in the East, I can't see them making too many moves. The whole team that won last year is back, no reason to believe they can't do it again.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Depends what position they're in. If they are in the top 3 in the East, I can't see them making too many moves. The whole team that won last year is back, no reason to believe they can't do it again.
No matter their position in the standings, they'll still have the cap space for said move.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
JTG

Quote:
No matter their position in the standings, they'll still have the cap space for said move.
They won't make a move to make a move though. There has to be a reason. If the team is towards the top of the standings, there is no reason to make said move.

Old
10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
They won't make a move to make a move though. There has to be a reason. If the team is towards the top of the standings, there is no reason to make said move.
Yeah, but all I was saying with my post was that we'd have the cap space to make a move at the deadline.

Anyways, while I mostly agree with what you're saying, if our 2nd line keeps struggling at even strength and a move is available, I don't see a real reason to NOT make it.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to shed Dupuis' cap hit for next season.

Old
10-20-2009, 06:48 PM
JTG

Quote:
Yeah, but all I was saying with my post was that we'd have the cap space to make a move at the deadline.

Anyways, while I mostly agree with what you're saying, if our 2nd line keeps struggling at even strength and a move is available, I don't see a real reason to NOT make it.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to shed Dupuis' cap hit for next season.
Is shedding Dupuis and a playoff run of a 37 year old Owen Nolan, worth CPZ and a 5th?

Not real sure

Old
10-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Is shedding Dupuis and a playoff run of a 37 year old Owen Nolan, worth CPZ and a 5th?

Not real sure
Well, I don't know what your opinion is of CPZ, but I'm not a huge fan. Either way, 2 completely unknown assets to improve on our biggest need and put us in great shape next season cap-wise is well worth it to me.

Old
10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
JTG

Quote:
Well, I don't know what your opinion is of CPZ, but I'm not a huge fan. Either way, 2 completely unknown assets to improve on our biggest need and put us in great shape next season cap-wise is well worth it to me.
I'm lukewarm on CPZ, but more so, I'm just not a real big fan of Owen Nolan at this point in his career. I don't think he has the health to be able to go through a whole season and then an extended playoff run. If I knew he would be 100% healthy, I'd do it.

At this point though, I'd rather keep CPZ and the 5th and then flip Dup for a pick after the season and go into this draft with a handful of extra picks to further stuff the cupboards.

Old
10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Dylonus

This trade isn't possible... itll put Pittsburgh at least 2 mil over the cap...

Svatos would get owned in our system... he's an excellent skater but he's horribly passive.

I love the idea of Owen Nolan though. If the Wild would take Cooke, Dupuis, and maybe Alex Grant or Lovejoy it'd be possible. otherwise no

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Uh, would ya stop?

Old
10-30-2009, 12:36 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post

Svatos would get owned in our system... he's an excellent skater but he's horribly passive.

I love the idea of Owen Nolan though. If the Wild would take Cooke, Dupuis, and maybe Alex Grant or Lovejoy it'd be possible. otherwise no
If the Wild are going to trade Nolan they are going to want picks and prospects not Veterans like Cooke and Dupius. I wouldn't want to offload Cooke anyway he is great to have around come playoff time.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Quote:

WHAT
THE
FU--?

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:

You've clearly never really watched Svatos before then. He's pretty much the opposite of what you said. He tries hard, but he's not a good skater, and just doesn't have the defensive ability to play in his own end.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote