HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE Frolov thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Maynard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I think Belanger25 might have pulled a Tonya Harding on Frolov.
Belanger25 made a disgusting wedding night video with Frolov?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-19-2009, 03:37 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

is the ducks game going to be streamed?? please i wish it is, i want to relax and eat ben and jerrys while watching the game.

Old
09-19-2009, 07:17 PM
RussellmaniaKW

so I'm new here so forgive me if this has been addressed. Has Frolov begun discussions on a new deal, or is he expected to? Has he expressed an interest in staying?

Old
09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
so I'm new here so forgive me if this has been addressed. Has Frolov begun discussions on a new deal, or is he expected to? Has he expressed an interest in staying?
That is the huge debate right now. Many feel that Dean Lombardi has little interest in retaining Frolov. But, as of now there has been no mention of a deal being imminent.

Old
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
SFKingshomer

Trade Frolov for a vet puck mover to help our transition game since that's the biggest reason we can't score. DL plans to have Purcell replace Frolov anyways so might as well get something we need.

Last edited by SFKingshomer: 09-19-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old
09-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
im not a ducks fan, look at my avatar buddy and look at my name.
You have to expect it a bit with a Ducks avatar (and yes I know it says SUCKS).

Old
09-20-2009, 03:37 PM
PlayMakers

Hey guys, I'm from the Bruins board (and still smarting over losing Kessel).

Do you think the Kings are thinking of doing with Frolov, what they did with Cammalleri the year before he became a UFA? (Cammo and a 2nd to Calgary for a 1st & 2nd).

And if so, what would you think of Boston's 1st, 2nd and Kobasew for Frolov?

The B's get someone to replace Phil's goals. The Kings get a hefty haul of picks and a gritty 2nd/3rd line 20 goal guy.

Thoughts? (Brown, Williams, Stoll and Kobasew would give you guys some serious grit up front.)

Old
09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post

Do you think the Kings are thinking of doing with Frolov, what they did with Cammalleri the year before he became a UFA? (Cammo and a 2nd to Calgary for a 1st & 2nd).

The B's get someone to replace Phil's goals. The Kings get a hefty haul of picks and a gritty 2nd/3rd line 20 goal guy.

Thoughts? (Brown, Williams, Stoll and Kobasew would give you guys some serious grit up front.)
We have more grit than a southern pancake house.

This team needs a sniper. Ironically, so does Boston.

Old
09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

The Kings are full on 3rd and 4th line fodder, and the picks would be counter-productive in the very same way (albeit not as much) that trading a developed Kessel for picks was. We would need to trade him for another top 6 caliber player, and if he is not enough - use him in a package. Right now the lines are pretty well set, and it would create some roster complications if we traded him, so a package would be best in my opinion - ideally someone young with high potential that can fit with our core.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
We have more grit than a southern pancake house.

This team needs a sniper. Ironically, so does Boston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The Kings are full on 3rd and 4th line fodder, and the picks would be counter-productive in the very same way (albeit not as much) that trading a developed Kessel for picks was. We would need to trade him for another top 6 caliber player, and if he is not enough - use him in a package. Right now the lines are pretty well set, and it would create some roster complications if we traded him, so a package would be best in my opinion - ideally someone young with high potential that can fit with our core.
Fair 'nuf. In the Kessel situation it seemed like it was difficult to trade like-like assets. We kept running into, 'why would we trade a young cheap scorer for a young expensive one,' or similar. In the end, it was easier to liquidate Kessel (into draft picks) with the hope of using those picks/cap space to get another scorer. It will be interesting to see if LA does the same thing with Frolov or if they're able to somehow get a scorer for a UFA-to-be scorer.

Old
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Fair 'nuf. In the Kessel situation it seemed like it was difficult to trade like-like assets. We kept running into, 'why would we trade a young cheap scorer for a young expensive one,' or similar. In the end, it was easier to liquidate Kessel (into draft picks) with the hope of using those picks/cap space to get another scorer. It will be interesting to see if LA does the same thing with Frolov or if they're able to somehow get a scorer for a UFA-to-be scorer.
Exactly, the trick with LA is they have $8 million in cap space and can maneuver for a different pedigree of player/contract than what Boston was capable of obtaining. Who knows what Lombardi will do in the end, but he has more options and if Frolov is going out there door - I think a roster player would be the most coveted assets coming back in LA's mind.

Old
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm going to bump this bad boy, because I saw this situation coming a long time ago.

I still say we're going to get a 3rd liner and a prospect with potential for Mr. Frolov.

Old
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm going to bump this bad boy, because I saw this situation coming a long time ago.

I still say we're going to get a 3rd liner and a prospect with potential for Mr. Frolov.
I hope your not claiming to be the only one. (I know you're not.) Its really just a matter of time now, and caliber of return. Good luck Alex, wherever you land. hopefully your new coach and GM will think you are at least a 2nd line player, and position you accordingly!

Old
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

One Frolov thread is plenty.

- T

Closed Thread