HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would trading Price be viable ?

Old
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
no it would not be viable, Halak did not steal a game last night, if Price was in same result.
BS, i haven't seen Price stop a breakaway all year.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

The goalie market is usually pretty minimal. The Toskala trade was nice for San Jose but it was only draft pick, however, then you look at a guy like Bryzgalov who was put on waivers since there was no market for him.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Really anyone is tradable, so yes it could happen.
All depends on what a team wants/needs.
If come January and a team is in the hunt and only really needs a goalie to put them over the top.... one never knows what could happen.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
no it would not be viable, Halak did not steal a game last night, if Price was in same result.
Hey guys don't get me wrong, i have no hate for Price. I just feel for the teams purpose, as in what we can get for a return at the moment compared to, let's say next years end, if he were to have 1/2 another disastrous year.

I am thinking Vinnie, but i could be way wrong. Maybe some big blue chip center.
I have felt since late last year that any team playing in front of Halak seems to play with more confidence then Price.

Habfan1968, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with just last nights team performance, it's something i have noticed since last year !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
De Montreal
help

Fml!

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
It took MAF five pro seasons to get it right in Pittsburgh. You have to give goalies time. Would anyone here trade MAF right now?

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:45 AM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
It took MAF five pro seasons to get it right in Pittsburgh. You have to give goalies time. Would anyone here trade MAF right now?
At which age Ryan Miller or Roberto Luongo comes to their own? Gotta give Price the time and he'll be money for us. He even started to.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
You are getting 45-50 goals. We have 2 players combined making 12.3m (cap hit) who will probably give us less than that. If Kovalchuk's cap hit is under 8.5m then I have no problem with it. 100m over 12 years, gives it a cap hit of 8.33 right? I mean you're hoping he plays until 38 if not retires at 36 or when he feels he can't compete at the NHL level and then I assume we don't have to pay him the remainder or maybe insurance covers it. But I assume if you retire and are not 'let go' then there I wouldn't think we'd pay the balance. So at 8.33m, which is basically 1m more than Gomez for 45-50 goals (that is a considerable amount of extra wins), he's worth every penny.
That is if you sign him.

If you are ready to pay him that much wait for UFA and sign him after clearing cap room.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Price and Plek won't get you anywhere near Vinny.

Price is extremely overrated in both potential and current ability. I'd be all for trading him though.
I'm sure most NHL GM's would disagree. He would be one of the top 20-25 tradeable assets in the NHL right now. Young goalie with good contract status and already nearly 2 years starting experience plus high upside.

Vinny making 10 mil a year is not as desireable as you think he is, half the teams in the NHL can't afford him and another 1/3 can't make nearly 8 mil cap room for him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
What if just for proposals sake, we were to send Price and Pleks to Tampa
(after hearing about the Brian Lawton tirate in the room ) for Vinny and Vladimir Mihalik and Antero Niittymaki.

I am pretty sure that BG wouldn't trade his prodigy, but what if Halak could be the #1 in Montreal ? If BG didn't think he could, he probably wouldn't still be here right ?

Edit: we would have to shed salary wouldn't we ?

#1 -What could you expect to get for a goalie (Price) who has yet to "establish" himself as a bonafied consistent NHLer?

#2 - Vinny's NO-TRADE Cluase kicked into effect July 1st - he has already indicated he does not want to play in Montreal!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Valid question, but there is little market for Price. He's yet unproven in any long term or meaningful way (playoffs) . Outside of the Montreal fanbase Price would be seen as a longer term project and not one that would return a star today Try this thread again in 2 years.
Earl............well said.

Price may (or may not) ever reach his expected potential - but Habs are not currently stuck with an Albatross of a (current ) contract on him.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:32 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
#1 -What could you expect to get for a goalie (Price) who has yet to "establish" himself as a bonafied consistent NHLer?

#2 - Vinny's NO-TRADE Cluase kicked into effect July 1st - he has already indicated he does not want to play in Montreal!

Link and or proof please ? Hear say only.
I would be willing to bet you that Mr Burke west on the 401 would take Price at almost any cost !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
I wouldn't do it for Vinny, but I'd for sure explore some options for a Price trade.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Link and or proof please ? Hear say only.
I would be willing to bet you that Mr Burke west on the 401 would take Price at almost any cost !
If Lecavalier really wanted to play for the Canadiens, would he have signed an 11 year contract extention with Tampa or would he have waited to reach UFA status and sign with Montreal?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote