HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Loved Shanny in his earlier years but honestly, I have no idea who would be interested in him now.

As for Frolov rumors:

Frolov rumors are still live and well. No particulars are mentioned just that there are a lot of chatter.

If it's going to get done, I'd wish they'd hurry up and get'er done already.

http://twitter.com/*************
considering more than half of us also "believe" he'll be dealt, maybe one of us should start an official unofficial pseudo quasi-rumor twitter page and sate that indications that the Kings will trade Frolov are coming from several of their sources too.

Old
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

That is the same site that wrote a rumor of the Kings having interest in Sergei Kostitsyn. Can we stop using that site as a source?

Old
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
considering more than half of us also "believe" he'll be dealt, maybe one of us should start an official unofficial pseudo quasi-rumor twitter page and sate that indications that the Kings will trade Frolov are coming from several of their sources too.
That has already happened (not w/ Frolov specifically) from one site, to HF and on to eklund's blog with something that was a complete fabrication. What is considered a "vetted" source around here is a tad ridiculous. At least on the Kings board they have put all the diarhea in one thread.

Old
10-07-2009, 12:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Brendan Shanahan is on waivers. http://tsn.ca/blogs/?id=293969

Let the rumor mill turning commence. We won't claim him obviously, but it is interesting to think about who will claim him and if he will actually go there or just retire.
They mentioned Shanahan and LA as a possible destination on HNIC Radio today in passing. But, every player who is available is rumored to be going to LA. Everything I've ever heard is that he will only play on the East Coast, unless I skipped geography I don't think LA is in Shanny's sights. I think it's either retirement or Pittsburgh for Shanahan at this point.

Old
10-14-2009, 09:24 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Report from Ek(i know, i know) Jordan Staal for Frolov.

Yes or No?

I'd do it.

Old
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

Yes or No?

I'd do it.
It's been rumored for years. Why would Pittsburgh do it? Fro is a UFA to be, Staal is signed for years to come. And even if Fro was signed, they coudn't afford him.

Old
10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would probably do it without hesitation, no reason for the Pens to do it really unless they can re-sign him to some miracle deal unless they are just looking for a rental to try and seize another cup... Even then, you would think they would just hold onto Staal. But this is pretty much the kind of deal it would take in my head for me to willingly be o.k. with losing Frolov. If they don't re-sign him, I want this kind of a return.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:

Yes or No?

I'd do it.
Given the age and contract situations of both players you don't even hesitate if you're LA. I think Stoll would be given as part of that trade. Atlanta is also rumored to be saying that either Kovalchuk is re-signed by the deadline or he is out of there so his contract situation is worht watching. The KHL has supposedly said they'll give him a contract no NHL can come close to as well.

Old
10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would probably do it without hesitation, no reason for the Pens to do it really unless they can re-sign him to some miracle deal unless they are just looking for a rental to try and seize another cup... Even then, you would think they would just hold onto Staal. But this is pretty much the kind of deal it would take in my head for me to willingly be o.k. with losing Frolov. If they don't re-sign him, I want this kind of a return.
Staal + 3rd for Fro and Stoll? (tweak that how you will, I'm not good at judging trade values)

They get a center whose signed for a few more, and a top flight winger. I'm not saying Pittsburgh would even do this deal, just kicking the old bean around.

Old
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
KingCanadain1976

I think this possible trade with pitts should be expanded so pitts get rid of some salary Chris Kunitz would be the logical person to be added since hes the next highest paid forward after staal So that would be Staal and Kunitz for Jarret Stoll Alexander Frolov Alec Martinez or Andrew Campbell ( your choice ) and Oscar Moller. I think the reason pits does this trade is some cap relief and more talented winger for Crosby Stoll can take over 3rd line center something hes better suited for and give them some prospects in Moller and Martinez/Campbell. The kings would finally have a second line center they can depend on and a winger to replace Frolov on the left side. I know I've proposed this before but now i think im a little closer to the value. I may be off a bit but I think its pretty close in value

Old
10-15-2009, 09:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Assuming Schenn can play the wing I'd love to see a line of Schenn-Staal-Simmonds next season. Handzus isn't going anywhere with his deal so the kid line could be the 3rd line in 10-11 and the 2nd line in 11-12. I don't see a future for Frolov in LA, it's only a matter of time, IMO.

Old
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Assuming Schenn can play the wing I'd love to see a line of Schenn-Staal-Simmonds next season. Handzus isn't going anywhere with his deal so the kid line could be the 3rd line in 10-11 and the 2nd line in 11-12. I don't see a future for Frolov in LA, it's only a matter of time, IMO.
I have feeling it will be about 2 years before we even see Shenn, but yes, it sounds like a killer line.

Old
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Tadite

The team that needs Frolov the most is us!

I don't think we can even think about the playoffs without having the puck possession of Frolov.

Old
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
The team that needs Frolov the most is us!

I don't think we can even think about the playoffs without having the puck possession of Frolov.
Puck possession that leads to nothing or he makes a breakout pass leading the other teams transition into an odd man rush. Frolov is highly overrated....

Old
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Puck possession that leads to nothing or he makes a breakout pass leading the other teams transition into an odd man rush. Frolov is highly overrated....
dude sometimes..........

Old
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
dude sometimes..........
Yeah, I was going to say something.

Sleep dogs.... sleep.

Old
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

some players ppl just love when underpaid, but hate when well paid....

ppl make DL to be some kind of punk and Frolov the victim...but i'd be interested in seeing ppl's reaction to frolov if he should receive 5-6 mil to stay a king...its almost a guarantee that the criticisms start pouring in about him not earning his contract, or taking games/shifts off....

there's a reason why DL has already locked up his players, but seems quite uninterested in frolov long term...playing by cap rules, is frolov really a good player to build around?

Old
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

I thought the point of putting Frolov on the third line was to get him to log more minutes so he can increase his opportunity to score. If that's the case and there's no production, then change his linemates so he can produce or use him to get an upgrade. I don't want to hold onto talent for the sake of holding onto talent. It's like holding onto an ace throughout a poker game when you really need a jack and a king. Maybe a bad analogy but you know what I mean... Each team needs its mix to win. I think we have our 1st line pretty well defined...it's the others that concern me.

Old
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
some players ppl just love when underpaid, but hate when well paid....

ppl make DL to be some kind of punk and Frolov the victim...but i'd be interested in seeing ppl's reaction to frolov if he should receive 5-6 mil to stay a king...its almost a guarantee that the criticisms start pouring in about him not earning his contract, or taking games/shifts off....

there's a reason why DL has already locked up his players, but seems quite uninterested in frolov long term...playing by cap rules, is frolov really a good player to build around?
No, he's not. Given his age and supposed salary demands he's better used to acquire younger assets who fit the system and the future of the Kings. This should be Frolov's biggest year of his career, we all watch every King game and does he look like he's going all out for the big dollar contract like Cammy last year? He looks like the same old Frolov to me, which isn't a bad thing. Guy's a 2nd line winger who excels in puck possession and working down low, not that hot of a passer and seems to infuriate fans by chewing on his mouth piece which makes him look like he's smiling after he makes a ****** play. I agree with Tony, if I was his agent I'd be working overtime to try to find a better fitting high tech mouthpiece where he can actually close his mouth. It seems trivial but I see the exact same thing and it's been brought up repeatedly, we just want to see some emotion or passion when bad plays are made. I think you have to move him and the players received have to be able to make an immediate impact at the NHL level. I don't think that will be a hard trade to pull off.

Old
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I'll preface this by saying everyone wants to win; it's just a matter of how much.

I've said this before but I think Frolov is one of those guys that Lombardi talks about when he says "I don't want to bring guys in here who just like the beach and the weather": it's just that he is already here.

Look at the O'Sullivan deal for Williams. At this point, it looks like O'Sullivan will top-out at Williams level if everything works out for him. Lombardi must have felt this and traded him while he could get the proven player before Patrick's value decreased. If Lombardi feels he can get a guy who can put up the same amount of points at around the same salary (by this I mean Frolov's new deal) who has deep playoff experience then he will move Frolov (+ if needed).

So far, Frolov has zero playoff points. I know that he hasn't played in any playoff games but there are so many key players on this team that Lombardi is hoping are playoff performers. Frolov is the one due a pay raise the soonest so I fully expect him to be moved for someone with some post-season experience.

A lot is made about DL cleaning house and trying to change the culture of losing. A lot is made about him trying to move out as many DT picks as possible. Well, if you believe all of that then Frolov is the biggest "loser" on the team and is a DT pick as well.

I like Frolov but do I want to pay him $5mm+?? No way in hell.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Ek again, Frolov for Kostitsyns.

Sing a new song will ya.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Ek again, Frolov for Kostitsyns.

Sing a new song will ya.
Montreal probably offered that, and Lombardi probably said go **** yourself.

Old
10-22-2009, 12:22 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Montreal probably offered that, and Lombardi probably said go **** yourself.
With all the "character" stuff we've heard from Lombardi since he took over he cannot trade for Kost. It just cannot be done or he will lose any and all credibilty. If you're going to pass on Heatley how can you trade Frolov for a guy who literally quit on his minor league team? I've heard Chicago wants to move either Campbell or Barker and we've all heard the Staal from Pittsburgh rumors, those make sense to me.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
With all the "character" stuff we've heard from Lombardi since he took over he cannot trade for Kost. It just cannot be done or he will lose any and all credibilty. If you're going to pass on Heatley how can you trade Frolov for a guy who literally quit on his minor league team? I've heard Chicago wants to move either Campbell or Barker and we've all heard the Staal from Pittsburgh rumors, those make sense to me.
Campbells contract is a cluster**** but he could be a good fit.

Old
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Campbells contract is a cluster**** but he could be a good fit.
The Kings need a veteran puck moving defensman that DOES NOT make too much money and is on a short contract.

Campbell = good player, overpaid and has a lifetime contract so he's not a good fit for the Kings at all. He is also soft as Preissing was so there is no way the Kings would take on that contract.

Closed Thread