HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Road Support: NYR @ Boston Bruins 01/09/10 (TRIP IS ON!)

View Poll Results: IF VERY INTERESTED IN GOING..Whould you Rather Sit:
In a Suite (150 bucks, all the food, and drinks you want) 15 40.54%
In the General Seating (about 70-100 Bucks, NOT including food and Drinks) 3 8.11%
VERY Interested in going...Dont care if its a Suite or General Seating! 4 10.81%
Cant go or most likely cant..but wanted to vote for something! 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
BDRangers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Hey BDRangers, I have your email right? Make sure you had given it to me if you wanna come
Yeah I did. I was on the list for the Citi game as well but I too had to drop out. Bummer. Count me in defiantly for this one.

BDRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
nyrmetros

My issue with the suite aspect is that it cuts us off from one of the best aspects of supporting the Rangers on the road, and that is tormenting the hell out of opposing fans. We want to be visible and vocal. We want to be a show of force. (not a hostile fighting force, lol)

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
My issue with the suite aspect is that it cuts us off from one of the best aspects of supporting the Rangers on the road, and that is tormenting the hell out of opposing fans. We want to be visible and vocal. We want to be a show of force. (not a hostile fighting force, lol)
Thats a good point, but I'm still curious so I'll ask anyway. Chances are were gunna end up purchasing the group seating from stubhub.

They have groups of 10 tickets together in Section 303 Rows 12 and 13. They are about 80.00 each + the bus, it should come to less than 120.00 per person.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2009, 11:45 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I definitely have interest in a suite and if it's $150 with unlimited food, I can definitely do it. But if we were out with the rest of the fans in the main seating area, that works fine too.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
I went to a game in Boston two years ago. They only served beer to people 25+ with an out of state ID. Needless to say I was not pleased.
Word of advice to you all. I went up to Boston last week for the Islanders game, and Bruins fans are complete douchenozzles. Obviously they are douchey enough for me to want to give Rangers fans a warning.

The Ranger/Islander rivalry is ceartinly intense (hopefully moreso if my side of it ceases to suck anytime soon) but Ranger fans are whole heartedly classier than the ass hats up north, or down south (Philly) for that matter.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 07:21 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
I went to a game in Boston two years ago. They only served beer to people 25+ with an out of state ID. Needless to say I was not pleased.
Bring a passport if you have it an they'll accept that

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I probably wouldn't have brought my passport for the sole purpose of purchasing a beer, even if I had known about their arbitrary age restriction prior to going. I most likely won't be back to TD Bank until after I'm 25 since I don't plan to see a Boston game this season though.

Last edited by D713B: 10-20-2009 at 08:17 PM.
D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2009, 08:09 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

hvac638@aol.com

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Word of advice to you all. I went up to Boston last week for the Islanders game, and Bruins fans are complete douchenozzles. Obviously they are douchey enough for me to want to give Rangers fans a warning.

The Ranger/Islander rivalry is ceartinly intense (hopefully moreso if my side of it ceases to suck anytime soon) but Ranger fans are whole heartedly classier than the ass hats up north, or down south (Philly) for that matter.
Well I mean, they ARE Boston fans. Shouldn't come as that much of a surprise

I've been there many times and haven't had any significant problems. In 2008 I was sitting way up high in the upper deck surrounded by about 2 rows of Rangers fans on each side. They weren't saying too much then.

Old
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Well I mean, they ARE Boston fans. Shouldn't come as that much of a surprise

I've been there many times and haven't had any significant problems. In 2008 I was sitting way up high in the upper deck surrounded by about 2 rows of Rangers fans on each side. They weren't saying too much then.
I didn't have much of a problem either to be honest. One kid (17-18ish) laughed when Straka blocked Chara's shot and hurt himself. I asked him if he had the cajones to get in the way of my slap shot let alone Zdeno Chara's and he piped down. I really don't get why someone would laugh at a player getting injured.

Then heading to the "T" after the game the crowd started cheering let's go Sox because it was the night of a playoff game. I clearly didn't cheer with them, so a fan (20ish) asked me why I wasn't. I told him I was a Yankee fan, he asked why and I told him I'm a New Yorker. He then said something along the lines of how being a New Yorker must be awful. I asked him if it was just a coincidence that he was the smallest member of his three person entourage yet had the biggest mouth. His friends laughed at him.

Other than that everyone else was civil and I was able to have hockey discussions with the surrounding fans. There isn't much of a rivalry between the Bruins and Rangers for there to be much vitriol between the fan bases.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
danno2530

Quote:
I didn't have much of a problem either to be honest. One kid (17-18ish) laughed when Straka blocked Chara's shot and hurt himself. I asked him if he had the cajones to get in the way of my slap shot let alone Zdeno Chara's and he piped down. I really don't get why someone would laugh at a player getting injured.

Then heading to the "T" after the game the crowd started cheering let's go Sox because it was the night of a playoff game. I clearly didn't cheer with them, so a fan (20ish) asked me why I wasn't. I told him I was a Yankee fan, he asked why and I told him I'm a New Yorker. He then said something along the lines of how being a New Yorker must be awful. I asked him if it was just a coincidence that he was the smallest member of his three person entourage yet had the biggest mouth. His friends laughed at him.

Other than that everyone else was civil and I was able to have hockey discussions with the surrounding fans. There isn't much of a rivalry between the Bruins and Rangers for there to be much vitriol between the fan bases.
Yeah I've never really had any problems. It's kind of a shame that there isn't a bigger rivalry since it was so heated back in the 70s, but the Bruins aren't even on my radar in terms of teams I despise.

Though it was amusing the last time I went, it was the day before the Giants/Packers NFC Championship and I had my Rangers jersey and a Giants scarf and Pats fans kept wishing me good luck. If only they knew

Old
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
nyrmetros

The purpose of the charter bus is to have the ability to drink on the bus for 4 hours on the way to Boston. That's something that should never be under appreciated.

Old
10-21-2009, 11:00 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Has anybody gotten a chance to call the Bruins ticket office?

If not, I'm thinking we should snatch the group tickets listed on stubhub for January 9th. I'm just waiting to hear back from the person who was looking into the Mega bus before we buy tickets.

Just so you guys know, its looking like this trip will be Saturday January 9th.

It's looking like the estimated price per person will be $130.00 including round trip bus fare and game ticket.

Old
10-21-2009, 11:34 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:

If not, I'm thinking we should snatch the group tickets listed on stubhub for January 9th. I'm just waiting to hear back from the person who was looking into the Mega bus before we buy tickets.

It's looking like the estimated price per person will be $130.00 including round trip bus fare and game ticket.

Unfortunately with my work schedule I've had no chance to call the Bruins office. Hopefully someone here has been able to do so and can offer us their words.

Old
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
BDRangers16

To those of you who have been to the TD Garden: On their site it says they don't allow cameras with detachable lenses. Have any of you brought one in? Or are they really serious about this one. For those of you who don't know me, I am big with photographing arenas/stadiums. Or would it be safer to leave my baby home?

BDRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 12:34 AM
danno2530

Unfortunately I'm not sure about detachable lenses. I know I've brought in a regular hand-held digital camera and that's fine, but I have no clue about anything more advanced.

Also, as of the last time I was there (Jan 2008), they are really anal about what you can bring into the arena. You can't even bring in a damn plastic bag if I remember correctly. You think it's bad at Yankee Stadium? That's nothing. I went a few years back with a friend and he took the train up from the city with a backpack not knowing about the policy and he had to leave it at South Station and missed the entire first period. Just a heads-up.

Old
10-22-2009, 07:08 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

I will call the ticket office by the end of this week, so I'll cover things on the ticket end.

I just need someone to look into private bus transportation so we can open our options in case the Mega bus doesn't work. (I know some people were against megabus)

Email me with any info you can find.

Old
10-22-2009, 07:29 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The purpose of the charter bus is to have the ability to drink on the bus for 4 hours on the way to Boston. That's something that should never be under appreciated.
I went to a game up in Boston in 2007 (I think). Rangers scored late to tie it up then won in a shootout. Didn't have any problems at all. However, if a large group of rangers fans walks in all tanked up after drinking for 4 hours on a bus, then you may find yourself with a problem before the game is over. Just an opinion.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Blazephr

Quote:

Do I still have to pay for the bus even though I'll be driving down to Boston from Vermont?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Or ask the guy/girl behind you in line to buy them for you. I was at a game earlier with a friend who has a Canadian passport that they wouldn't take. I bought two and handed one to him in front of the vendor, who said she didn't care as long as he didn't pay her directly.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:47 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Do I still have to pay for the bus even though I'll be driving down to Boston from Vermont?
No, of course not.

Old
10-22-2009, 11:04 AM
useref15

I just tried calling the Bruins group sales, and they're not in until Monday. Not sure why the have Thursday and Friday off, but they said the department is closed until Monday.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
I just tried calling the Bruins group sales, and they're not in until Monday. Not sure why the have Thursday and Friday off, but they said the department is closed until Monday.
Ok, no problem. We'll try them again Monday and see what the deal is.

Remember, dont tell them were from NY

Old
10-22-2009, 11:13 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Before booking a bus, run it by me so I can tell you if it's a union operation or not.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

We have suite info:

They can put two suites together for us for Jan. 9th.
~50 people (I think, correct me if I'm wrong Useref15)

150.00 including ticket AND food/drinks

Were going to call about game tickets on Monday. Do you guys prefer sitting in the arena bowl or in a suite? Personally, I have no preference.