HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA needs solid 2nd line center

Old
10-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
Atlanta doesn't need to make a move, as they are playing well, but what about Frolov for Todd White.

Frolov will take some pressure off Kovalchuk and Kozlov on the left wing and it will also allow Atlanta to switch Evander Kane to center, his more natural position.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Who was 2nd line center for WASH, ANA and NYR last post season?
Better question, who was 2nd line center for Pittsburgh.

I'm starting to think most Kings fans have turned into Dumpster Diving Dave - so desperate to add anyone to the roster, just to make the playoffs, that they'll take anyone regardless if they are just stop gap solutions and unlikely to help the team.

Other teams crap isn't going to help us one bit when it comes to filling the important roles like 1st/2nd line center.

The wise return if we can't get quality players would be to reinvest in the prospect pool, as Lombardi has spoken of in regards to maintaining the reserve list.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Atlanta doesn't need to make a move, as they are playing well, but what about Frolov for Todd White.

Frolov will take some pressure off Kovalchuk and Kozlov on the left wing and it will also allow Atlanta to switch Evander Kane to center, his more natural position.
No. White is not the solution either.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
pspot

I actually thought Stoll would be an interesting option for Kessel.

If you want to keep Frolov, Grabovski could be an option, they might find some chemistry

Grabovski or Stajan for Stoll as a start for a deal

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 08:34 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Nylander is the answer.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Nylander is the answer.
And the question is, "Which player will remain a Capital until his contract ends?"

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 12:49 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Better question, who was 2nd line center for Pittsburgh.

I'm starting to think most Kings fans have turned into Dumpster Diving Dave - so desperate to add anyone to the roster, just to make the playoffs, that they'll take anyone regardless if they are just stop gap solutions and unlikely to help the team.

Other teams crap isn't going to help us one bit when it comes to filling the important roles like 1st/2nd line center.

The wise return if we can't get quality players would be to reinvest in the prospect pool, as Lombardi has spoken of in regards to maintaining the reserve list.
I have no problem ADDING a player to make the playoffs. Especially if the player is an UFA at yrs end. I'm not saying to trade top end prospects or picks. I'm just glad LA has realized that Frolov and Brown should be 2nd line wingers!

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:00 PM
JustinCider

I thought the Kings had a 2nd line centre in Stoll, has he not been good enough? I know he's being paid like a 2nd line centre. I always liked him in Edmonton, he put up 68 points one year, those are very good numbers for a 2nd line centre. If you guys are unhappy with him, the Oilers will trade you Horcoff straight up for him, no problem.

JustinCider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:00 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Nylander is the answer.
Then the question must of been...

What is the greatest thing that never happened to the Oilers?

JustinCider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
I thought the Kings had a 2nd line centre in Stoll, has he not been good enough? I know he's being paid like a 2nd line centre. I always liked him in Edmonton, he put up 68 points one year, those are very good numbers for a 2nd line centre. If you guys are unhappy with him, the Oilers will trade you Horcoff straight up for him, no problem.
If Cap hits were close I would really like that deal. Horcoff is a 2nd line center and would look good centering Frolov and Brown

Old
10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
If Cap hits were close I would really like that deal. Horcoff is a 2nd line center and would look good centering Frolov and Brown
Except those two dont play together and really never have played together otuside of the PP.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:40 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
I have no problem ADDING a player to make the playoffs. Especially if the player is an UFA at yrs end. I'm not saying to trade top end prospects or picks. I'm just glad LA has realized that Frolov and Brown should be 2nd line wingers!
So a guy who scores 30 goals playing a shutdown role and finishes 11th in goal scoring among LW's is only considered a 2nd line LW?

Old
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
parineum

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Except those two dont play together and really never have played together otuside of the PP.
Except they are practicing together as of today.

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=716

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:52 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by parineum View Post
Except they are practicing together as of today.

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=716
yay for you? Like I said outside of the PP they have really never played together. They spend very little time together at ES. But thanks for using practice lines to try and prove me wrong.

Old
10-21-2009, 01:56 PM
parineum

Quote:
yay for you? Like I said outside of the PP they have really never played together. They spend very little time together at ES. But thanks for using practice lines to try and prove me wrong.
Who cares about their history of playing together? They appear to be lined up together in the future and, if I'm not mistaken, any proposed trade would also happen in the future. Their history together does not dictate their future.

Old
10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Chris Kelly for Frolov......

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
northernKing

Quote:
They will likely play on a line with Handzus on Thursday. Hopefully TM keeps them together for awhile!

Old
10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Who cares about their history of playing together? They appear to be lined up together in the future and, if I'm not mistaken, any proposed trade would also happen in the future. Their history together does not dictate their future.
Youre right it doesnt. But practice lines in one practice dont either. Dont be too suprised if Frolov is still with Handzus and Simmonds on Thursday and going on into the future.

Old
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
parineum

Quote:
Youre right it doesnt. But practice lines in one practice dont either. Dont be too suprised if Frolov is still with Handzus and Simmonds on Thursday and going on into the future.
I actually will be surprised but not absolutely shocked. The practice lines have been good indication so far of game line-up. The whole point of my initial post was that the poster who originally mentioned the combination of Frolov and Brown wasn't just pulling it out of his a**.

I'm done with this lest we pull this thread OT.

Old
10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
I actually will be surprised but not absolutely shocked. The practice lines have been good indication so far of game line-up. The whole point of my initial post was that the poster who originally mentioned the combination of Frolov and Brown wasn't just pulling it out of his a**.

I'm done with this lest we pull this thread OT.
I never said he was pulling it out of his ass, just pointing out the little fact that outside of the PP they really never play together. The only time that they have been together for any amount of time was last season at the very end of the season. And the point is one practice together doesnt mean **** when it comes to them playing together for any length of time. So getting a center to play between two guys who dont really play together and really never have doesnt make sense.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Is Brendan Morrisson a 2nd line center in your opinion? S.Koivu?
I would say both those guys are second line centers. The past two years for Morrisson has been a struggle but I would say he's back from the knee and Groin problems and is about to prove himself.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:00 PM
oilers84

TO LA
Cogs
Nilsson
MAP
Dubnyk
2nd

TO EDM
Brown
Bernier

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
TO LA
Cogs
Nilsson
MAP
Dubnyk
2nd

TO EDM
Brown
Bernier
Hmm, let's see. Bernier's outperforming Dubnyk in the AHL right now (3.54 GAA .908 sv% for Dubnyk, 1.6 GAA .955 sv% for Bernier) and I think most people would consider Bernier the better prospect. Nilsson's pretty much crap. MAP looks like a player LA doesn't need. Cogliano might help LA upgrade the 2nd line center position but they're not going to trade their captain who has 5 years left on a very cap friendly contract. It would fill one hole and create another one. LA already has 2 2nd rounders this year, adding another isn't going to help even the proposal out.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Ringo13

In all honestly, Horcoff would be a great second line center for the Kings, and he would likely come very cheap. This of course would be contingent on the Oil being out of the race near the deadline, and LA thinking that they have a legit chance to win it all. Granted, he is about 1.5 mil overpaid, but he is underperforming IMO because he is counted on to be too defensive. He takes all of our defensive zone draws and this detracts from is offense because when he eventually gets to the offensive zone he is ready for a change. He was much more effective when he had Stoll taking faceoffs when he was an Oiler.
Just a thought!

Ringo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
In all honestly, Horcoff would be a great second line center for the Kings, and he would likely come very cheap. This of course would be contingent on the Oil being out of the race near the deadline, and LA thinking that they have a legit chance to win it all. Granted, he is about 1.5 mil overpaid, but he is underperforming IMO because he is counted on to be too defensive. He takes all of our defensive zone draws and this detracts from is offense because when he eventually gets to the offensive zone he is ready for a change. He was much more effective when he had Stoll taking faceoffs when he was an Oiler.
Just a thought!
Taking on Horcoff's contract for 5 more years after this one, would remove much of LA's cap flexibility and make it difficult for them to resign their young players to new deals when their entry level or current reasonable contracts are up. LA doesn't have that long of a contract where they'd need to dump the salary. Guys that might be overpaid, like Smyth and Handzus have their contracts up in the next 2 or 3 years.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote