HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Now with Gonchar out of the picture for awhile...

Old
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
That´s cause Staal is one of your favourites and you value him perhaps more then others do. Go get a cup of coffee over by the machine, sit down away from the computer while drinking it then come back and give me your final answer on the deal. There´s cookies to.
even if we accept the premise than Kaberle=Staal in trade value terms then that means we are dealing Letang and Dupuis for Stajan who is a UFA

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Didn't the Pens win the Cup last year without having Gonchar for half of the season?

They'll be fine.
Without Gonchar – 27-25-5

With Gonchar – 26-4-4

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Fraction Jackson

There's really no reason to do this at all. If Gonchar was out for the entire year, maybe you'd see a panic move, but a month isn't that big a deal and we have the depth to hold out and win games until Sarge gets back.

The only deals the Pens make before the deadline, I think, will be minor ones - prospect swaps and reclamation projects, etc. At the deadline we might make a move for a soon-to-be-UFA winger. I don't see much else happening. Especially the way the team's been playing, there's little reason to shake things up unless the wheels fall off.

Now, if the wheels do fall off, the above doesn't apply and you might see the team do something crazy. But that doesn't seem likely to happen, really.

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Without Gonchar – 27-25-5

With Gonchar – 26-4-4
Yeah, but try also with a different coach and a significantly better team post-deadline.

Stats are misleading.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Yeah, but try also with a different coach and a significantly better team post-deadline.

Stats are misleading.
Possibly. We'll see.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Shwag33

Quote:
That´s cause Staal is one of your favourites and you value him perhaps more then others do. Go get a cup of coffee over by the machine, sit down away from the computer while drinking it then come back and give me your final answer on the deal. There´s cookies to.

I dont like staal and that's a HORRIBLE proposal... seriously could not get much worse.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
BigHabs

Kaberle would be no use to Pittsburgh. He is crap now. He slowly started to decline once McCabe left. He has frequent injuries and is a risk to trade for and end up exactly where Gonchar is and Pittsburgh would trade pieces away for that.

Kaberle hasn't been the same like I said since McCabe left TO and since an wrist injury last season he is on the down part of his career. His value as of right now is alittle bit less that what it was when they tried to trade him for Kessel at the draft.

They Burke thought he would propel foward with much bigger and tougher Dman and now there is no more excuses, and lately watching his play behind the net and moving the puck up he reminds alot of hal gill right now but much smaller, but making the same big mistakes.

Pittsburgh has a lot of youth they can count on why waste the future for coverage on a guy that will be back near the end of november one month. They have Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, Letang, Guerin. They will be fine.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
InCoggNito

Send a message via MSN to InCoggNito
Now That Gonchar is Hurt, The Penguins Will Make NO Moves. I can Guarentee that.

InCoggNito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:40 PM
rumman

Quote:
Oh great, another chance for me to make a trade proposal that includes Staal

To Pitts: Kaberle 4.25, Stajan 1.75 = $7m cap hit

To Tor: Staal 4, Letang, 0.9, Dupuis 1.4 = $6.3 cap hit

Reason: Leafs get their first line centre. Staal is a 2nd line centre on most teams, 3rd line on Pittsburgh but would instantly become #1 with the Leafs.
Stajan is 2nd or a 3rd line centre on most teams, have been #1 with the Leafs but would become a #3 with Pens. Stajan is UFA and Staal have 3 more years then UFA. Well, you already know this...
Kaberle signed next year as well so if Gonchar retires, or keeps getting injured or just dont resign next season when he becomes UFA then Pens have a first class puck mover signed up. Toronto gets a good promising player back who can move the puck in Letang to make up for the loss of Kaberle. Dupios is traded to save salary for Pens.

Toronto +´s: Gets a first line centre and an important piece in their "rebuild".

Toronto -´s: Lose their best player and biggest trade bait.

Pittsburgh +´s: Get more veteran experience on the rooster. Gets stronger on D.

Pittsburgh -´s: Lose their secret weapon in Staal. Stajan can make up for the loss this season production wise and by killing penalty´s but they lose a lot in potential and talent when they lose Staal.
throw in malkin's buddy kulemin, and shero might bite, but i doubt it!

rumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 03:49 PM
DougGilmour93

I can't see Pittsburgh dealing Staal. But if they did (a big if) than Kaberle and Kulemin would surely have to be involved somehow.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Hotshot320

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Kaberle would be no use to Pittsburgh. He is crap now. He slowly started to decline once McCabe left. He has frequent injuries and is a risk to trade for and end up exactly where Gonchar is and Pittsburgh would trade pieces away for that.

Kaberle hasn't been the same like I said since McCabe left TO and since an wrist injury last season he is on the down part of his career. His value as of right now is alittle bit less that what it was when they tried to trade him for Kessel at the draft.

They Burke thought he would propel foward with much bigger and tougher Dman and now there is no more excuses, and lately watching his play behind the net and moving the puck up he reminds alot of hal gill right now but much smaller, but making the same big mistakes.

Pittsburgh has a lot of youth they can count on why waste the future for coverage on a guy that will be back near the end of november one month. They have Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, Letang, Guerin. They will be fine.
I don't think Kaberle is one of the best defencemen either, but this is just comical... I don't remember any Hal Gillesque turnovers, and I have watched all games this year... And crap?.....Seriously put down the bottle and sober up....

Hotshot320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot320 View Post
I don't think Kaberle is one of the best defencemen either, but this is just comical... I don't remember any Hal Gillesque turnovers, and I have watched all games this year... And crap?.....Seriously put down the bottle and sober up....
You must be watching the whole season of when Gill was playing for the Bruins. Go bring up some video's possibly on canadiens.nhl.com or youtube.com and you will see him behind the net getting out worked, coughing up the puck behind the net or giving the puck up putting it up the side boards. You need to go watch the Hal Gill who is now playing in Montreal.

Kaberle tell me what he has done so far this year on a supposely "last place" way better looking toronto maple leafs. please.........

Kaberle has been declining in the past years and you know it. If you find he is still work a 1st, 2nd and a player you got to be drinking really hard stuff. Kaberle is not what he was before. I think the season he is having that Boston is glad they didn't trade for Kaberle with Kessel. Take on his 4.25 cap hit and really is a bust so far this season.

Old
10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Pens1566

I knew it was for Kaberle before I opened the thread. Completing the idiocy is adding Staal before the end of the first page. Worst trade proposal ..... today?

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Hotshot320

Yes, I have seen Hal Gill cough up the puck this year... I am not arguing that... I am saying that Kaberle has not...

Yes, I agree that he has digressed from where he was a couple seasons ago, but by no means does that make him crap... I think everyteam would take him in the NHL for the right price... What that price is, I have no clue..

And to be honest I think he has played better this year than he did last... And I am not a very biased Toronto Maple Leaf fan...

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion....

Old
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot320 View Post
Yes, I have seen Hal Gill cough up the puck this year... I am not arguing that... I am saying that Kaberle has not...

Yes, I agree that he has digressed from where he was a couple seasons ago, but by no means does that make him crap... I think everyteam would take him in the NHL for the right price... What that price is, I have no clue..

And to be honest I think he has played better this year than he did last... And I am not a very biased Toronto Maple Leaf fan...

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion....
I am not saying he is crap period I am meaning so far this year, he looks like he has gone down a notch. He is playing crappy compapred to the previous years. He can still be a threat probably on another team rather than the leafs. But I think he will have 30- 35 points this season an Roman Hamrlik kind of season. He is just not the same. Won't have 40 -50 I don't think he has that in him, especially in the injury bug hits him again.

Old
10-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Hotshot320

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
I am not saying he is crap period I am meaning so far this year, he looks like he has gone down a notch. He is playing crappy compapred to the previous years. He can still be a threat probably on another team rather than the leafs. But I think he will have 30- 35 points this season an Roman Hamrlik kind of season. He is just not the same.
I don't see the crappy... But again to each his own...

And what would an arugment be without some meaningless stats lol... If you say Kaberle is playing really crap so far... He actually has 4 points in 7 games...

An 82 game pace of 47 points... Even if he doesn't improve this year...

And a -47 plus minus lol...