HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn brothers to Los Angeles.All Frolov Talk Here

Old
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Don't get me wrong....if he wasn't UFA, in heartbeat. But it's a really, really bad deal for a UFA, IMO.
I still think Sharp is a better option, myself..

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:05 PM
sampollock

do it

and also sign , shanny

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
do it

and also sign , shanny
Eric Engles is that you?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
SherbrookeW

The idea of trading a player under contract (AKost) who might well turn into a thirty goal man at least for an impending UFA is just nuts. Throw in SKost and it's double nuts. Unless you believe that the Habs are one player away from a Stanley Cup , all you are doing is giving away talent for a several month rental that will have absolutely no positive effect in the continuing search to build a cup-contending team. Trade him for a high draft pick, a young player, something -- but to trade him in a rebuilding year for a one season rental is a good way to be sure that you will never have a contender.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Habsolutely

Frolov for the Kostitsyn brothers ?

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...3-103403.html#

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Maxpac

Pednault is a friend of Eklund, so for all we know it could hold zero value, i just wished we wouldn't have to give up on Andrei to get Frolov, especially since he's UFA at the end of this year.

Frolov-Plekanec-A.Kost would be a crazy good 2nd line imo.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
do it

and also sign , shanny
You starting a Habs geriatric ward? I'm thinking that we should also ask Larry Robinson to come back play at D.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I love how all the media types/fans who hate the Kosty bros are so willing to bring in a guy who was just called out by his coach for basically everything people hate of the brothers. The irony is hilarious.

But yeah, reading that Pedneault piece, it's clearly a rip off from Eklund. Even the whole ''Cammy wants management to get Frolov''' segment.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
Not any news here, we all know that and half of it is Y. Pedneault opinion... is it just me or all sports "journalist" gives more their opinion than fact? Is it bothering only me? I don't mind writting down opinions, there's more tool in 2000 than before to let the world know your opinion (HFBoards & blogs for example)... anyway, you should not get paid a lot of $ for giving freely your opinion!

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Pednault is a friend of Eklund, so for all we know it could hold zero value, i just wished we wouldn't have to give up on Andrei to get Frolov, especially since he's UFA at the end of this year.

After seing play Gomez-Cammy-Gionta on our first line, this second line would be awesome...

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yes yes, I'm sure you stay up till 1:00 am in the East watching the magical Frolov play in the West. Who knew CI had such power?
West Coasters get to see him, he's good. But still a bit of an offensive enigma. Good two way, reminds me of Milan Michalek alot, although i hold Frolov to a higher standard.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:

I've spent the better part of most of my stats classes trying to figure out how to fit frolov into our roster with what little cap flexibility why have.

Even if we get rid of Latendresse, let Halak (or Price) go RFA and trade Hamrlik it would still be difficult. (this is of course assuming that Hamrlik would require us to take back at least 4mil in salary)

Old
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I've spent the better part of most of my stats classes trying to figure out how to fit frolov into our roster with what little cap flexibility why have.

Even if we get rid of Latendresse, let Halak (or Price) go RFA and trade Hamrlik it would still be difficult. (this is of course assuming that Hamrlik would require us to take back at least 4mil in salary)
Doesn't Markov getting unjured cover most of his salary?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Doesn't Markov getting unjured cover most of his salary?
I was planning around his upcoming UFA status. Im hoping Markov will not still be injured during the FA period.

Old
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
I think Frolov would stay in Montreal, the euro feel and nightlife should help keep him here.

Frolov is an offensive dynamo with point-per-game talent, but he is no slouch defensively, he understands team defense. The only knock is his inconsistency and sometimes being caught a little to lazy. But Montreal could be the place where he thrives. It would also be good for Marky to have a buddy, but not an immature one. Frolov is very professional and would only help this team.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:09 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I dont believe a word Eklund says, if anything whenever he comes up with a rumor I am positive that this transaction will NOT happen cuz I know this guy is all talk

So Im glad that we are not going to trade the Kos bros. who the hell would want to trade BOTH? thats redicioulous Id rather not thank you

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:15 AM
LouisJCloutier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
ROLF. I could have written that. Take all the rumors on the web, put it in article et voilà !

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:38 AM
jcpenny

If Sergei is to be traded i hope it is for a prospect. Frolov is too much of a risk since we can lose him for nothing at the end of the year. The guy i've been targeting is Shawn Matthias from Florida. Hes been a dissapointment so far but he has so much potential a bit like Sergei.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
If Sergei is to be traded i hope it is for a prospect. Frolov is too much of a risk since we can lose him for nothing at the end of the year. The guy i've been targeting is Shawn Matthias from Florida. Hes been a dissapointment so far but he has so much potential a bit like Sergei.
If we trade Sergei for Frolov then I want a pick or a prospect coming back with him.

If we trade Andrei and Sergei then I want Moller or their first rounder with Frolov.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
If we trade Sergei for Frolov then I want a pick or a prospect coming back with him.

If we trade Andrei and Sergei then I want Moller or their first rounder with Frolov
Kings would LOL at that offer

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Ginu

I do believe that we need two top 6 forwards until Andrei shows he can shoulder a scoring load regularly. Put Pleks with Frolov and Cammalleri and find someone to play with Gomez and Gionta. Lapierre with Moen and Pacioretty on the 3rd, Andrei with Metro and Latendresse on the 4th. Andrei's played decently well this season but he needs to start putting up points. Keep him and Latendresse on the 4th line until they wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post

If we trade Andrei and Sergei then I want Moller or their first rounder with Frolov.
Sergei's played 100 games in his career and is a prospect. There's no way anyone trades Frolov and a pick or prospect for Sergei Kostitsyn. Are you joking?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Magic33

All i know is that we need another top 6 forward. Sergei probably wants a trade. It only makes sense to package skost and someone for a top 6 guy, frolov or sharp or whoever else.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
All i know is that we need another top 6 forward. Sergei probably wants a trade. It only makes sense to package skost and someone for a top 6 guy, frolov or sharp or whoever else.
Correct about us missing a top 6 guy and like I said yesterday the point of getting a Frolov or Sharp or whoever that can play on our top 6 is to not trade Andrei.Replacing Andrei for a player even if he's better then Andrei will still have the same problem and missing another player to complete the top 6 cause Pacioretty and Latendresse are not the answer

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Correct about us missing a top 6 guy and like I said yesterday the point of getting a Frolov or Sharp or whoever that can play on our top 6 is to not trade Andrei.Replacing Andrei for a player even if he's better then Andrei will still have the same problem and missing another player to complete the top 6 cause Pacioretty and Latendresse are not the answer
Would you say that Andrei is ready? I'm not even sure about that. He's shown glimpses, but man how I wish we'd drafted Getzlaf instead.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kings would LOL at that offer
Good. Didn't want to trade 'em anyways.

No deal for you!!

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote