HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse available if anyone wants him

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2009, 11:32 PM
  #76
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,855
vCash: 500
Marinaro is part of the problem. He just doesn't know it.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
10-23-2009, 11:37 PM
  #77
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
another bs rumor from another moron in the media.. every day it's a new one.

Pascal is offline  
Old
10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
  #78
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
Not a good idea to trade him especially he is only 22 and Quebecer. The Habs hardly have Quebecers. Can you imagine if we trade him? Last year, he showed improvement. He can only get better but is not used properly. In the new NHL reality, you have to keep your prospects as much as possible. The spending cap will get lower.
So you are saying we can't trade him because he is a Quebecer ? He can basically play like ****, but we can't trade him because he is french. yeah ok !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
10-23-2009, 11:45 PM
  #79
Dogbert*
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Let's sign Colby Armstrong as a free agent this summer if the Thrashers don't retain him. Then we'll finally have what we hoped Latendresse would become.

Dogbert* is offline  
Old
10-23-2009, 11:48 PM
  #80
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
I love C Armstrong as a hockey player ! He dishes it out and takes it. Doesn't mind getting his nose dirty and actually has soft hands around the net.


Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 10-23-2009 at 11:53 PM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
10-23-2009, 11:53 PM
  #81
Ncrdrg
 
Ncrdrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
No thanks on Armstrong.
Don't want a guy like him on my team. He's good at his role but he's a terrible human being. Header hunters deserve no respect.

Ncrdrg is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:02 AM
  #82
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
A third line of Colby-Metro-Moen is probably cause for orgasm.
EDIT: I still think that Gui is way to young to give up on. I mean, he shouldn't even be on the 4th line, but I guess you can't put an underperforming player on a top line just to help his development when you're trying to jumpstart your season.


Last edited by InglewoodJack: 10-24-2009 at 12:10 AM.
InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
  #83
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
This thread is so typical of HF Boards.

A quick look at past threads about Mike Ribeiro shows that if time passes, some posters intelligence doesn't get any higher.

Here's one of of the hundreds of "Please trade Ribeiro for a bag of pucks" thread I could find.

And here's a funny poll that shows a majority of HF Boards users thought Gainey actually made a good trade by getting Niinimaa for Ribeiro, or thought it was a good deal for both sides.

I have no trouble believing that those who applauded that trade are now blaming Gainey for doing it. Or maybe they still believe it was a good trade just because we got rid of a player they hated? And they are probably the same retards that want Latendresse traded for a bag of pucks now.

Saddening.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:22 AM
  #84
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
This thread is so typical of HF Boards.

A quick look at past threads about Mike Ribeiro shows that if time passes, some posters intelligence doesn't get any higher.

Here's one of of the hundreds of "Please trade Ribeiro for a bag of pucks" thread I could find.

And here's a funny poll that shows a majority of HF Boards users thought Gainey actually made a good trade by getting Niinimaa for Ribeiro, or thought it was a good deal for both sides.

I have no trouble believing that those who applauded that trade are now blaming Gainey for doing it. Or maybe they still believe it was a good trade just because we got rid of a player they hated? And they are probably the same retards that want Latendresse traded for a bag of pucks now.

Saddening.
Yup.. Sad... Even today Ribeiro doesn't get half the respect he deserve around these parts. He's a really good hockey player. And it was pretty much apparent how great he would be enventually when he was playing for us.

People tend to give up on the local boy pretty fast. Just because the media likes him doesn't mean you need to hate him. But sometimes on these boards...

HabuseMoi is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:25 AM
  #85
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Hilarious to see the Lats lovers come out in force.

The fact is this guy would have a tough shot making the roster of almost every NHL team in this league. Anyone with an unbiased view could tell you that.

Latendresse will not be traded because nobody will take him. He could even pass through waivers, potentially.

Paille was traded for nothing...You really think Latendresse is much better than him?

Kobasew was also traded for almost nothing and he's above Latendresse by quite a bit.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:29 AM
  #86
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Hilarious to see the Lats haters come out in force.

The fact is this guy would have a shot at making the roster of almost every NHL team in this league. Anyone with an unbiased view could tell you that.

Latendresse will not be traded because he is worth more on our lineup than on another team lineup

Paille was traded for nothing...You really think Latendresse is much better than him?

Kobasew was also traded for almost nothing and he's above Latendresse by quite a bit.

This is why we should keep the guy.

HabuseMoi is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:32 AM
  #87
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
This thread is so typical of HF Boards.

A quick look at past threads about Mike Ribeiro shows that if time passes, some posters intelligence doesn't get any higher.

Here's one of of the hundreds of "Please trade Ribeiro for a bag of pucks" thread I could find.

And here's a funny poll that shows a majority of HF Boards users thought Gainey actually made a good trade by getting Niinimaa for Ribeiro, or thought it was a good deal for both sides.

I have no trouble believing that those who applauded that trade are now blaming Gainey for doing it. Or maybe they still believe it was a good trade just because we got rid of a player they hated? And they are probably the same retards that want Latendresse traded for a bag of pucks now.

Saddening.
Hindsight is always 20-20. Funny reading through that thread though and seeing how many people were completely wrong. Many though also thought Gainey got fleeced.
Quote:
It was an even trade. One young, soft, defensively confused player for the other.
Quote:
does anyone here think dallas is going to make Ribs there number 2 center? i dont

does anyone here think Ribs will get first line power play time in Dallas ? i dont

can he handle the tuffer western confrence night in and out:?
will soon see .


why does anyone think he'll have a carreer season in dallas as a 3 line center at best . his ice time is going way DOWN in Dallas .

CPrice is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:32 AM
  #88
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
Hilarious to see the Lats haters come out in force.

The fact is this guy would have a shot at making the roster of almost every NHL team in this league. Anyone with an unbiased view could tell you that.

Latendresse will not be traded because he is worth more on our lineup than on another team lineup

Paille was traded for nothing...You really think Latendresse is much better than him?

Kobasew was also traded for almost nothing and he's above Latendresse by quite a bit.

This is why we should keep the guy.
Do you honestly think Latendresse would make rosters in San Jose? Detroit? Chicago?

Aside from Montreal the only teams he might be a starter on are the bottom feeders.

He's ****ing TERRIBLE. His play is beyond putrid this year. Please tell me you can see that.

waffledave is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:38 AM
  #89
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He's ****ing TERRIBLE. His play is beyond putrid this year. Please tell me you can see that.
I love your objectivity.

How do you expect anyone to take yourself seriously?


DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:39 AM
  #90
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Do you honestly think Latendresse would make rosters in San Jose? Detroit? Chicago?

Aside from Montreal the only teams he might be a starter on are the bottom feeders.

He's ****ing TERRIBLE. His play is beyond putrid this year. Please tell me you can see that.
What, you're saying he isn't a power forward, a 30+ goal scorer, a top 6 forward?

Corey is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 12:44 AM
  #91
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I love your objectivity.

How do you expect anyone to take yourself seriously?

This!

I see he is not playing to his potential, I'm not blind. But he won't become a better player for us if you trade him for almost nothing.

You want him gone but you acknowledge we would get nothing from him, then you say he wouldn't crack the lineup of the 3 top teams in the league (which is debatable provided he proved himself to be able to consistently put up 15 goals on a third line in the NHL). So... What's up with that?

HabuseMoi is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 01:49 AM
  #92
JFrankel
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
The problem is that there are only so many spots on the roster and we're starting to accumulate underproducing players that can't be sent down without having to clear waivers. They can't be kept in the lineup indefinitely if we are expecting to compete.

If they're looking to move Latendresse, I assume its because they want to make room for someone else. The only guy with a roster spot right now who can be sent down risk free is Pacioretty I think. Rather than being forced to either send him down (assuming he's in the current plans) or risk losing someone to the waiver wire, you might as well trade the odd man out for some value if there's a taker.

JFrankel is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 01:59 AM
  #93
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Wow. Is it a coincidence that LA is looking for a 3rd line winger with size and a defenceman? We may be trying to add Kostitsyn and a D prospect as we don't have a defenceman to give up right now.

Ginu is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 02:02 AM
  #94
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 500
Donne moi Latendresse

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 02:23 AM
  #95
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
According to Tony Marinaro on the Team 990 this morning:

Latendresse is available if anyone wants him!

This is coming from Tony Marinaro himself, this morning on the Team 990 at around 11:40 AM.

He also stated that this is from his sources close to the team.

Discuss!

Note: Let's please NOT make this the English VS French thread and let's treat it like any other player rumored to be available.
Come on! Marinaro is just about as much of an insider as I am. He's making unsubstantiated claims.

As far as I know Lats needs to get used to the new system and if he can buy into the system and posts himself in front of the net he'll be a 20+ goal guy again. If not he's an ok 3rd liner who chips in offensively and gives out good hits. Either way now is not the time to trade him. He's young, relatively cheap and has potential...Better with him than without him.

Moester is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 02:33 AM
  #96
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,055
vCash: 500
He's 22. He may have upside. He makes peanuts. He's RFA forever. And only the most irrational of haters* would fail to admit he is, at the very least, an useful NHL player. On the fourth line, at least. And he wouldn't fetch a lot in a trade.

Even if you are a hater, it should be obvious that trading him makes no sense whatsoever.

*: Yes, I am aware we DO have people like that on this board.

MathMan is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 02:34 AM
  #97
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrankel View Post
Rather than being forced to either send him down (assuming he's in the current plans) or risk losing someone to the waiver wire, you might as well trade the odd man out for some value if there's a taker.
Would make more sense to send down Stewart. Guys like him routinely clear.

MathMan is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 03:19 AM
  #98
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's 22. He may have upside. He makes peanuts. He's RFA forever. And only the most irrational of haters* would fail to admit he is, at the very least, an useful NHL player. On the fourth line, at least. And he wouldn't fetch a lot in a trade.

Even if you are a hater, it should be obvious that trading him makes no sense whatsoever.

*: Yes, I am aware we DO have people like that on this board.
Hard to argue with that. Latendresse has very little value, and he's a big body who could still be molded into something solid for this team, even if that's on the bottom lines. I don't think you even consider trading a guy like Guillaume unless an other team really wants him and is offering a very good return.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 03:23 AM
  #99
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Wow. People on this board are incredibly deaf. I heard Marinaro. He said if someone phoned Bob Gainey for Latendresse he would surely listen. He's not shopping him.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
10-24-2009, 04:22 AM
  #100
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
No thanks on Armstrong.
Don't want a guy like him on my team. He's good at his role but he's a terrible human being. Header hunters deserve no respect.
Don't want a guy like him on your team?? A terrible human being?? It's funny that Colby Armstrong is the most popular guy in the dressing room wherever he plays and is great in the community.

And regarding the headhunter comment, there was nothing dirty about his hit on MAB the other night. That was a clean old-time hockey hit.

I'd take Colby Armstrong on our team in a heartbeat. He's a heart-and-soul guy that you hate to play against but love to have on your team. The trouble is the other 29 teams in the league will be lining up to bid on his services if/when he becomes a UFA this offseason. As a sidenote, Colby Armstrong was Sidney Crosby's best friend when he was with the Penguins.

Your "terrible human being" comment is ridiculous just because he plays an intimidating style of hockey. Also, 20+ goals to go with his leadership, intangibles, and physical play isn't too shabby.

Schooner Guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.