Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

Question...

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2004, 06:17 PM
mattmo

vCash: 500
Question...

What league does the does the Knoxville Man-O-Wars (at least that is what I remember them being called) play in? I remember a few years back a ownership group from Vermont bought a team in Tennessee called the Man-O-Wars, and they were planning on moving them to Vermont. They didn't or haven't moved the team because the University has not started plans on building a new arena that would be suited for the requirements of the league. I can't seem to find a website about the team, if anyone has any info or links it would be great. thanks.

Old
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Holly Gunning

You mean the Lexington Men-O-War (Kentucky, not Tennessee). They were in the ECHL. The franchise is inactive right now. Yes this was the group rumored to be moving to Vermont, but I don't know if this is still the planned location or not.

Old
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Spiral Architect

Ancient thread, but I can provide some info:

The research group that was doing the feasibilty study on UVM's arena is taking forever. They were supposed to issue their report back in August, and it's still not out. Aside from this, the team's owners and UVM don't get along. The team's become a victim of politics and is stuck in a state of limbo right now. They were hoping the team would be running by 2005, but that seems doubtful the way things have been proceeding.

As a Vermonter, you (mattmo) are aware of how little press this whole thing has gotten. I think the only coverage has come from one article in the Free Press and one in St. Mike's Echo.

Closed Thread