HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greatest European to play for the habs

View Poll Results: Greatest European to play for the habs
Saku Koivu 42 53.16%
Mats Naslund 33 41.77%
Petr Svoboda 0 0%
Vladimir Malakhov 0 0%
Martin Rucinsky 0 0%
Oleg Petrov 2 2.53%
Richard Zednik 0 0%
Andrei Markov 1 1.27%
Jan Bulis 1 1.27%
Chad Kilger 0 0%
other 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2004, 06:33 PM
  #26
Preds
Registered User
 
Preds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Naslund All the way. This guy was great !

Preds is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
  #27
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LA via Montreal
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Tough one. Mats could score (except when he had a breakaway). His numbers are obviously better because of Saku's injuries.

If I had to pick one of them, I would pick the current version of Koivu tho. He's a team leader.

The answer here should be Malakhov by a long mile, but the boy has no heart.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
  #28
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
Naslund All the way. This guy was great !
his best season; 43 goals 67 assists for 110 points

followed by

bob smith 31 , 55, 86
Larry Robinson 19, 63, 82
Kjell Dalhin 32,39, 71
Guy Carbonneau 20,36,56

i don't know how much players did 110 points or more in the NHL , but i am sure that they are not a lotand that the list is made with only great players

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 06:49 PM
  #29
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Alex Kovalev.
Laughable at best. So you are saying that in the time Kovalev was there, he was better than Koivu and Naslund?

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 07:51 PM
  #30
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan
Malakov ,a truely dominant player with skill and size.
Given the short end by the Media.
10 times the talent of Koivu
I think you're being a little harsh with your sarcasm . Malakhov is a VERY talented player and Montreal was definitely not the right city for a "ho-hum" attitude like his BUT he is still a very talented player.

tritone is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
  #31
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
his best season; 43 goals 67 assists for 110 points

followed by

bob smith 31 , 55, 86
Larry Robinson 19, 63, 82
Kjell Dalhin 32,39, 71
Guy Carbonneau 20,36,56

i don't know how much players did 110 points or more in the NHL , but i am sure that they are not a lotand that the list is made with only great players
~coughs~ so by your logic Stephane Richer is a better player than any habs player since 1988 ? Points aren't all that matter

tritone is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 08:00 PM
  #32
Bud The Spud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: the dark side
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,254
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Koivu.

Bud The Spud* is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 08:38 PM
  #33
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
~coughs~ so by your logic Stephane Richer is a better player than any habs player since 1988 ? Points aren't all that matter
i don't see your point ; someone said that Naslund was great and i gave his best season stats .Yes , i added that there are not a lot of players that had 110 points and that i am sure that those players are all great .So , what is the '' logic '' to talk about Richer ?

May be points are not all the matter as you said , but geez , it's the goal of the game to score and that the reason why people are paying their tickets.

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
  #34
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i don't see your point ; someone said that Naslund was great and i gave his best season stats .Yes , i added that there are not a lot of players that had 110 points and that i am sure that those players are all great .So , what is the '' logic '' to talk about Richer ?

May be points are not all the matter as you said , but geez , it's the goal of the game to score and that the reason why people are paying their tickets.
Stephane Richer was the last hab to score 50 goals. So is Richer great? Is he the greatest goal scorer on the Habs since 1988 ?
It's the goal of the game to score maybe but as previously mentioned by others it was a different era , so comparing point totals isn't really an effective excercise. And . Dagenais had more goals than Bulis and Begin last season , does it mean anything? I don't think so.

tritone is offline  
Old
12-01-2004, 09:48 PM
  #35
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Stephane Richer was the last hab to score 50 goals. So is Richer great? Is he the greatest goal scorer on the Habs since 1988 ?
It's the goal of the game to score maybe but as previously mentioned by others it was a different era , so comparing point totals isn't really an effective excercise. And . Dagenais had more goals than Bulis and Begin last season , does it mean anything? I don't think so.
and where or with who, from another era, am i comparing point totals ...?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
his best season; 43 goals 67 assists for 110 points

followed by

bob smith 31 , 55, 86
Larry Robinson 19, 63, 82
Kjell Dalhin 32,39, 71
Guy Carbonneau 20,36,56

i don't know how much players did 110 points or more in the NHL , but i am sure that they are not a lot and that the list is made with only great players


~coughs~ so by your logic Stephane Richer is a better player than any habs player since 1988 ? Points aren't all that matter

about him , Richer was a very skill player who was badly too inconsitante and charactereless to be a great players.And by the way , the better player of the team since 1988 is Patrick Roy.

if you talk about the best offensive players that play or played for the teamsince 1988 , it is Kovalev , Turgeon ,Damphousse Recchi ( and leclair but not with us ).

If you talk about the best defensive forward ; Carboneau , Skruddland and Keane.

for the all around game , i would say Claude Lemieux and Saku Koivu

goalchenyuk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.