HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/24/09 NY Rangers @ Montreal 7PM RDS/CBC/MSG

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFreds View Post
anyone know a good stream that you can watch from online?

PM or send through here if you can thxs

Habs win 3-2
cbc.ca

not sure if that works for out of the country though.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
A goalie shouldn't have to feel that a single loss will lead him straight to the bench.

I'd probably play Price either way though -- I don't think it's good to have either young goalie go too long without getting a start.
I agree, Price can't sit forever. Might as well give him a game vs a mediocer team as Halak usually gets to play the lesser teams.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:33 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I agree, Price can't sit forever. Might as well give him a game vs a mediocer team as Halak usually gets to play the lesser teams.
Halak usually gets to play the lesser teams? What? Maybe this year, but only since Price was named the #1 at the beginning of the season.

Last year, on percentage, Halak played substantially more playoff teams than Price.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Hey Natey, last year it was Brisebois, this year it's Halak. How about having it for the WHOLE team ?

Old
10-24-2009, 12:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Hey Natey, last year it was Brisebois, this year it's Halak. How about having it for the WHOLE team ?
Umm.. I do. Mad that I was stating a fact? Seriously?

I admit bias for Brisebois, but he was my childhood hero and favourite hockey player. What person doesn't stick up for their favourite player in numerous bashing threads? Seriously.

I love Carey Price. I've stated that many times - and I don't care what people think. I have his jersey and two magazines hanging on the wall of Price - nothing of Jaroslav Halak except a hockey card in front of my TV. A ****** card at that (also there is Kyle Chipchura, Guillaume Latendresse, Lyle Overbay [Blue Jays] and J.S. Giguere.

I've done nothing but compliment Brian Gionta, Mike Cammalleri, Paul Mara, Josh Gorges, Glen Metropolit, Tomas Plekanec all season. I've got down on both Price and Halak at some points. Hal Gill does suck, but I'm not in the minority on that one. I've complimented Gomez, Hamrlik, Spacek, and D'Agostini of late. As well as Bergeron for his last game.

Just because I stick up for Halak since he's never had a fair chance, I'm a Price basher and a super duper Halak lover? Eff that. I bleed the bleu, blanc, et rouge. And that's that.

PS. if you hate me, there is an ignore feature and I have no problem whatsoever if you use it on me. I will continue to post, continue to write long messages, and continue to be myself. I'm not changing for anybody.

Did I leave teams when Brisebios was gone? NOPE! I remember the night we beat them when we came back.. I didn't cheer for Breezer or Theo. That's the way things go. I just want whats better for the team and unfortunately for people who are solely Price fans, even though he's not playing bad, Halak is the one winning games right now.

Peace.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Wow ! Hate and Mad are very strong words.

I hate G Bush, i hate Osama Bin Laden, i hate war. I hate the Ruins and Laffs.
I don't even know you, so how can i hate you ?

Mad, i get mad at my kids when they break things in the house. I get mad at my middle son who is my goalie for a team i coach for not listening.

I can't get mad because someone on the net is trying to prove a point by repeating in every second post their love for a player on their favorite team.

Annoying, yep just a little. Certainly not enough to IL you.

By the way Halak is winning but the team is playing MUCH better in front of him then they were 1 week ago. I don't beleive in cheering for 1 player on a team i like. I cheer for the team in it's entirity. Ok maybe i think BGL is a waste of cap space but that's another story.

Peace right back at you.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I almost forgot this was the return of Higgins.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Wow ! Hate and Mad are very strong words.

I hate G Bush, i hate Osama Bin Laden, i hate war. I hate the Ruins and Laffs.
I don't even know you, so how can i hate you ?

Mad, i get mad at my kids when they break things in the house. I get mad at my middle son who is my goalie for a team i coach for not listening.

I can't get mad because someone on the net is trying to prove a point by repeating in every second post their love for a player on their favorite team.

Annoying, yep just a little. Certainly not enough to IL you.

By the way Halak is winning but the team is playing MUCH better in front of him then they were 1 week ago. I don't beleive in cheering for 1 player on a team i like. I cheer for the team in it's entirity. Ok maybe i think BGL is a waste of cap space but that's another story.

Peace right back at you.
I do cheer for the team in its whole - which is why I didn't leave when Brisebois did. And why I still post in GDT threads when Price is playing (who I apparently hate). Yes, I post a lot about Halak - but I've also stuck up for Price as well on some occasions.

The reason I post most about Halak/Price is simple. In Montreal, the biggest debate is about goaltenders. It's always been that way.

And PS. Georges Laraque is a huge waste of cap space.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Stubbs88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I did forget lol, thanks for the reminder.

Old
10-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He always had good games in NY when he played for us. Wonder if the opposite will be true.

Despite his struggles, it'd be nice to still have him to fill out the top 6.

Old
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Krautso

I really don't think any of us are qualified to bicker about which goalie starts. The coaches get to see these guys practice everyday in addition to the games.

If Price was practicing much better than Halak, I think he'd be starting ahead of him regardless of his latest game performance. I don't believe in management pressure or loyalty...the coach needs to put in the players most suited to win the game. Price will get back to form, I have no doubt.

I like both goalies and I do believe Price will be our number 1 for years to come but that is because I believe he's got the talent and ability to earn it. He still has to earn it though and right now Halak is a tough challenge which is something all fans should be happy about.

Go Habs

Old
10-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Bullsmith

Best GDTs out there, bar none. I do miss Jaques Martin's approved graphic, makes me laugh every time.

Old
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
ScherbakAttack

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470274

Not necessarily just at the stats, but at the picture. What the hell happened to his hair! Went from a normal looking person to a pretty boy.

Old
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Best GDTs out there, bar none. I do miss Jaques Martin's approved graphic, makes me laugh every time.
Habsinsideout.com confirmed Martin is going with a winning lineup.

So here comes skydiving Jacques!

Old
10-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFreds View Post
anyone know a good stream that you can watch from online?

PM or send through here if you can thxs

Habs win 3-2
atdhe.net, ustreams.com, justin.tv

Old
10-24-2009, 03:19 PM
TomPlex

One side of me is angry that our #1 is missing his 3rd game in a row when he's a) perfectly healthy and has b) done pretty much everything he could have in his last starts. But another side of me is happy that he's not coming in cold against a Rangers team that lost 2 in a row with new lines that are looking to impress.

I also do not believe in a system that forces a goalie to play at his best to keep his job. Neither for Halak or Price. Essentially, if Halak lets in 4 or 5 goals in a losing cause, it's back to the bench for a while. Stupid system. That's why the NHL has #1 goalies and backups.

Old
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Halak usually gets to play the lesser teams? What? Maybe this year, but only since Price was named the #1 at the beginning of the season.

Last year, on percentage, Halak played substantially more playoff teams than Price.
didnt price have better numbers against playoff teams during the regular season compared to halak?

Old
10-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470274

Not necessarily just at the stats, but at the picture. What the hell happened to his hair! Went from a normal looking person to a pretty boy.

ahahah.....except actually I find a correlation to this for Heroes fans.

Remember how Sylar always had cool hair but now that he has amnesia he has it growing out? Looks like the same progression Higgins took with his hair...

Old
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Glad I have RDS, CBC showing the Leafs game tonight in New Brunswick. Kind of excited about the game against the Rangers. Should be a good gauge as to the progression of the Habs since the start of the season, as the Rangers are a pretty decent team. Halak in net is the right call imo as they need to stick with the hot goalie. Price has a very good attitude about playing back-up according to an article I read in the Gazette. Basically said he understands why Halak should be playing right now, and it gives him a chance to work on areas that need improvement during practice. Very good attitude.

Old
10-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Uber Coca

The Canadiens have been progressing over the last few games. I think we can easily matchup against the Rangers and it'll show tonight. The ''Smurfs'' line has been nothing short of amazing lately - let's hope they make circles again tonight against the Rangers. I like our chances and I like the depth in the lineup. Let's hope, for two games in a row, for contributions of every line : it's the only way we can matchup against the best in the league.

Have a good game everybody.

Old
10-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Halak is starting.. are we tanking for Taylor Hall?

Old
10-24-2009, 04:34 PM
la25ecoupe

I was at the practice this morning @ the Bell. Stewards was the last one to leave. Price was the before last. Guess that means Halak is in goal..

Old
10-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
You missed the at the end of that.

Old
10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
No, they're giving Halak is first challenge since Calgary and even then it wasn't much of one since Montréal actually out played Calgary in a period and some.

Old
10-24-2009, 04:48 PM
la25ecoupe

This morning Metro staying extra time during practice to pratice "deflection" in front of the goal. Maybe expect him to be on the PP.

Closed Thread