HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs have 16 players without contracts next year...why no fuss from Maguire etc

Old
10-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
The Habs were a dynasty at that time. They could afford to do such progressive moves. They took advantage of the situation because they were in position to do so.

If Chiarelli's team doesn't make the playoffs this season, he might not even be around to see the 2010 draft unless he attends in the stands.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
If Chiarelli's team doesn't make the playoffs this season, he might not even be around to see the 2010 draft unless he attends in the stands.
He's already sent Kobasew to Minnesota. What do you mean he won't be doing it?

As for firing him, anyone who fires the guy who stripped Brian Burke the way he did is clearly insane.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
And by the same token, I doubt very much that basement teams will want to pay any sort of price for players that Boston deems expendable. It seems more likely that playoff teams would be the ones bidding on those players.
Good point. But bubble GM's have to think about their jobs too.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Yes to all of these things. He is one lottery pick who is an extremely good player.

But he is not worth 2 lottery picks and a second round choice that will be high enough to be one or two spots out of the first round.
What I'm wondering is how it's set in stone that it's set in stone te Leafs will be bottom 5 the next two years. This year will probably be more like an 8-12th pick, once everyone settles in (unfotunately for Leafs-haters, this won't be a 0-81-1 season). And if that does happen, you can be damned sure this forward group is going to get a real facelift to ensure next years team makes it into the playoffs.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote