HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Red Wings @ Coyotes (10/22/09)

Old
10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
GalenYote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So does LBRBRA get the start tomorrow? What is his nick name, by the way? Babs?
That reminds me of Kelly's Heros. "it's BAB-RA...Shutup"

or may Austrailian like shrimp on labarbie..

Either one works for me

GalenYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenYote View Post
That reminds me of Kelly's Heros. "it's BAB-RA...Shutup"

or may Austrailian like shrimp on labarbie..

Either one works for me
I was thinking the same thing. I decided not post anything since I was afraid I might be the only one that saw the movie.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Chootoi

We shall call him Babar

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

We're going to Babar's house!

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
LT

I don't know about putting in Labarbera. Bryz just had 4 days off and why mess with things. I'm good either way but you may see him in cuz we have the Rangers on Monday and then a day off then back to back games where Labarbera will surely get one of those.

LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
I don't know about putting in Labarbera. Bryz just had 4 days off and why mess with things. I'm good either way but you may see him in cuz we have the Rangers on Monday and then a day off then back to back games where Labarbera will surely get one of those.
Good point. Maybe start Bryz against the Kings, the Rangers(that would be nine out of the first ten games, though), and the second of those back to back games(giving LaBarbera only two starts in the first twelve games). That puts Bryz on pace for seventy five starts and LaBarbera on pace for seven. I know we ought to ride the hot hand, but we can't have Bryz tiring out. I know it's early, but Tippett seems to like things measured.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
We shall call him Babar

Hilarious, but it's LaBARBERa. I guess it doesn't matter. It's funny enough to ignore.

Old
10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Don't start your backup on win and get a free ticket night. Perception is everything.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Don't start your backup on win and get a free ticket night. Perception is everything.
Another good point. I guess we'll just have to make sure that LaBarbera gets a couple of more starts in the second dozen games than he will in the first dozen.

Old
10-23-2009, 02:49 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Very good point. Lose Saturday's game and I'm worried someone in the marketing department is going to go postal.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:55 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Pyatt just looked really stiff to me. Maybe it's because he's a big guy or has oversized shoulder pads, but I swear most of the time he handled the puck it looked like his elbows were strapped to his torso--no arm extension and limited movement.
Hoping it's matter of time to work into game shape. Before PS games he was dynamic in practice, then got hurt in the 1st game. Maybe he's a great in practice, hit and miss in games. Hope not.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
You're a better man than me! I'm the type of who will still go to work or go to a game no matter.
Hell, if I ever get a Triple Bypass and would look to go to work the next day!

Get some rest, drink plenty of OJ! Get better soon!
Posted via Mobile Device
I looked at it as taking one for the team. It killed me to stay home.

Old
10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
I haven't quite warmed up to Lang yet. He makes some of the best passes on the team, but there were a number of instances where he was simply beat to pucks where he merely had to make a couple strides. Agreed on the pleasant surprise that is Lepisto, who might make it tough to demote him to the A when Sauer returns.
I hear you on Lang, but as he settles in with this team you'll see him wake up big time. He's slow but methodical, and has great ice vision. Doan talked about it on TV last night. Like Ryan Smyth he loves the front of the net and is a precision passer. Maybe years have caught up with him but I sense he's got another 20-40-60 left in the tank.

Old
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I decided not post anything since I was afraid I might be the only one that saw the movie.
Only one? That movie is a classic!

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
RR

Quote:
If every team we play can execute like the Red Wings, we're going to lose a lot of games. Very few teams can execute like the Red Wings.
THIS! ^^^^^^^

Such an important point. And it illustrates the importance of Turris, Tikh and Boedker buying into and working on the D game while down on the farm. As poorly as we played last night it was still the defense doing a great job at holding the Wings to 2 goals and giving us the chance to steal the points.

Turris and Boedker are offensively gifted, no question, but if they can start to play Tippett's defensive style which seems to be built more on repetition and capitalizing on each player's strength -- Boeds speed and Turris's stick and puck handling -- the offense will take care of itself.

Instead of waiting for the defense to create opportunities Tippett seems to have everyone invested in the defense first, then let the offensive juices flow as they naturally do.

That's how I see it at least.

Old
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
You know what I like? Quotes like these:

And a whiny coach:

When you beat the Wings on a good night, when they don't complain about their level of play or effort, you obviously did something right.

I'm going to the game tomorrow, but now I'm worried. We're due for a loss at some point, right?
We definitely should've had our goal taken away, that will teach Vrbata not to be pushed into the goalie by two Wings players!

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 03:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I rewatched the goals on DVR. Wings fans are crying about nothing. Vrbata was clearly pushed by Datsyuk into Osgood. There is not disputing that. Then I hear them whining that Datsyuk had his hand over Vrbata's face and was trying to pull him off of Osgood. This is true, but the puck had already crossed the line, hit the back of the net, and slide around before Datsyuk even touched Vrbata's face. The other guys were already celebrating for crying out loud. As for the Aucoin goal, there is a perfect shot that shows Mueller's toe touching the blue line, and the puck a good foot and half inside the zone. I paused it there and stared at it. There is absolutely no doubt Mueller was onside. If the Wings want to be upset they can start by telling Datsyuk that it's a bad idea to attempt to clear the crease by crosschecking the opposing forward directly into your goaltender. It was a very stupid play by a very smart player.

Old
10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I'm going to the game tomorrow, but now I'm worried. We're due for a loss at some point, right?
lol...that's what has me worried. I'm trying to get a couple of people that rarely go to games to go this Saturday and I'm totally worried the Coyotes will lay an egg. It happened to the Rangers after their dominant start. They were beating everyone solidly and then wham, they had a serious smackdown laid upon them. That would be just the worst!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
lol...that's what has me worried. I'm trying to get a couple of people that rarely go to games to go this Saturday and I'm totally worried the Coyotes will lay an egg. It happened to the Rangers after their dominant start. They were beating everyone solidly and then wham, they had a serious smackdown laid upon them. That would be just the worst!
I'm not! Sure if we don't win on Saturday then we won't get free tickets.
On the other hand, I would be happy winning 3 games out of 4 in this homestand.

Win or lose, the Coyotes will be ready to play on the road with a positive attitude.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I rewatched the goals on DVR. Wings fans are crying about nothing. Vrbata was clearly pushed by Datsyuk into Osgood. There is not disputing that. Then I hear them whining that Datsyuk had his hand over Vrbata's face and was trying to pull him off of Osgood. This is true, but the puck had already crossed the line, hit the back of the net, and slide around before Datsyuk even touched Vrbata's face. The other guys were already celebrating for crying out loud. As for the Aucoin goal, there is a perfect shot that shows Mueller's toe touching the blue line, and the puck a good foot and half inside the zone. I paused it there and stared at it. There is absolutely no doubt Mueller was onside. If the Wings want to be upset they can start by telling Datsyuk that it's a bad idea to attempt to clear the crease by crosschecking the opposing forward directly into your goaltender. It was a very stupid play by a very smart player.
Isn't sad that Wings fans are still crying about something even with winning 4 cups in 11 Years?
Is Michigan really that Ghetto? LOL

You watch! If the Coyotes win all the games in the series then the wing-nuts will blame the Michigan transplants in AZ for not spending money at JLA and spending money at Jobing.com Arena instead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
ower

vCash: 966
Quote:

Pretty much every win we've had people have whined about it.. Boston.. they were tired from playing the night before, St. Louis the refs were to blame, Detroit again the refs.. etc.. I pretty much avoid any topic about us anymore and have stayed away from the forums during the last couple games. It's all excuses of why they lost or conspiracy theories about how Bettman has something to do with us winning so he can prove phoenix is a viable market.

I've just accepted we're still not going to really get any respect this season no matter how well we play or do. Oh well, I'll just let the team continue to prove my point then waste my time and have my words fall on deaf ears

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Another good point. I guess we'll just have to make sure that LaBarbera gets a couple of more starts in the second dozen games than he will in the first dozen.
They do need to get Labarbera in there again, but I'm hoping it's Bryzgalov against the Kings. The divisional points matter slightly more than the points versus teams in the other conference.

That said, I would start Labarbera against the Rangers. The consensus seems to be that we are due for a loss sooner or later so it hurts a little less losing to an Eastern Conference team that is playing quite well than it would if Labarbera would lose games to teams like Los Angeles, Edmonton or Nashville. The so called teams the Coyotes will be battling for a playoff spot.

That's just my reasoning and with all that said, here's to Labarbera beating the Rags

Last edited by untouchable21: 10-24-2009 at 05:59 AM.
untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Snarky Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Isn't sad that Wings fans are still crying about something even with winning 4 cups in 11 Years?
Is Michigan really that Ghetto? LOL

[/i][/size]
well um youve seen the dead things fans havnt you ? Ghetto you bet they are

Snarky Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote