HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Coyotes: Post Game **** YEAH!! Thoughts and Tidbits

Old
10-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Johnson has the distinction of being on the ice for every Quick softy. I swear he should have an even +/- at this point.
Off the top of my head, you've got Scuderi falling on his ass giving up that 2-1 that turned into a goal. I think Johnson was on the ice in the first game for both the Doughty and Simmonds turnovers that ended up in the net. Then tonight's weak poke by Quick. Christ, that's minus 4 right there.

That being said, I worry every time the Johnson/Scuderi pairing is on the ice. Jack needs to step it up offensively to rectify this problem. Hopefully he will get confidence now that he's going to be getting more PP time. Even though that won't help his +/-, it should give him some of that swagger back that will hopefully creep into his 5 on 5 game.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
At what point can I start comparing Kopitar to Malkin again?
When the season is over and Kopitar is still leading the NHL in points? I'm pulling for Kopitar, but at this point Dustin Penner is #4 in NHL scoring. There's still plenty of time for things to change.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
When the season is over and Kopitar is still leading the NHL in points? I'm pulling for Kopitar, but at this point Dustin Penner is #4 in NHL scoring. There's still plenty of time for things to change.
Tied with Ryan Smyth....

The season is way too early to be looking at stats, trends or win loss records, unless you're the Maple Leafs... 0-7-1 Hahahaha!

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Tied with Ryan Smyth....

The season is way too early to be looking at stats, trends or win loss records, unless you're the Maple Leafs... 0-7-1 Hahahaha!
Ok. I laughed. I don't feel good about it though.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 12:58 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Oh I know. I'm not about to actually make that argument. What I will say is that I think this is the Kopitar we will continue to see because this is the Kopitar we all knew would one day arrive.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Jack needs to step it up offensively to rectify this problem. Hopefully he will get confidence now that he's going to be getting more PP time. Even though that won't help his +/-, it should give him some of that swagger back that will hopefully creep into his 5 on 5 game.
He keeps shooting and getting his shots on goal. I don't see any reason why some of these shots shouldn't start going in. All he needs is a fair allotment of PP minutes.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
He keeps shooting and getting his shots on goal. I don't see any reason why some of these shots shouldn't start going in. All he needs is a fair allotment of PP minutes.
I really hope TeMu swaps out Drew for Jack on the 1st unit. Doughty is pressing right now, badly.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:07 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. Jack's been great overall in all facets, but I'm much more pleased with his defensive presence. He's had a few lapses, but he's been a rock in our own zone and that's the most important.

He's been fine offensively, and the points will come. IMO he's been better than Doughty offensively too, the only difference is Doughty gets a lot more PP time and more time with the top line.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Are you saying TeMu isn't fair?

Also, it's nice that Toronto and their no win record traded away their 1st round pick in 2010 for Phil Kessel.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:21 AM
BringTheReign

Man, I hope they play as well as they did tonight against Columbus. The Jackets are finally a strong team and I'm sitting in the lower bowl () for the first time besides winning the ticket upgrade a few years back.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Sane Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Oh I know. I'm not about to actually make that argument. What I will say is that I think this is the Kopitar we will continue to see because this is the Kopitar we all knew would one day arrive.
JDM, some people have changed their mind, so be warned. So far they've been saying that Kopitar is a bust and he should be traded for bag of pucks. However, to keep their image they will use current Kopitar hype to say "I told you so." when at the end of the season Kopitar will be "only" #10 in scoring. I am a big fan of "I told you so" camp, I smell these things fast.

I think it is pretty certain that Kopitar will not be even close to #1 scorer at the end of the season. On the other hand, Malkin was really bad tonight, Kopitar hasn't had one single game this season where he would be this bad. Kopi>>> Malkin

Sane Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:56 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

recall Moller send down Purcell!!!!

I have watched every game this season and it kills me to watch Purcell on the ice when I know Moller could be getting his ice time and gaining valuable experience. Purcell looks lost out there at times. He fans on at least one shot or pass every game. Plays with zero confidence and avoids contact. I have always liked purcell and still do but he is currently in a funk mentally. I think he should be sent down and moller should be recalled. Comments?

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
I have watched every game this season and it kills me to watch Purcell on the ice when I know Moller could be getting his ice time and gaining valuable experience. Purcell looks lost out there at times. He fans on at least one shot or pass every game. Plays with zero confidence and avoids contact. I have always liked purcell and still do but he is currently in a funk mentally. I think he should be sent down and moller should be recalled. Comments?
Moller should stay in Manchester. He needs to bulk up in a big way, he's just far too weak to handle the NHL right now.

I agree that Purcell isn't cutting it right now. I advocate scratching Purcell for now and letting Parse play on the third line in his spot when Williams comes back.

BTW, this would probably go better here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=696264

Old
10-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I really hope TeMu swaps out Drew for Jack on the 1st unit. Doughty is pressing right now, badly.
But Doughty shows an extraordinary knack of keeping the puck in at the point when the PK tries to clear it out. There have been more than one occasion where he'll jump straight up in the air, snag the puck, and bring it back down to play it.

I don't know if I want that gone from the point.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
But Doughty shows an extraordinary knack of keeping the puck in at the point when the PK tries to clear it out. There have been more than one occasion where he'll jump straight up in the air, snag the puck, and bring it back down to play it.

I don't know if I want that gone from the point.
Doughty has had a lot of pucks (including simple passes) get past him at the point this year on the PP, but like you said, he'll keep in some that he has no business getting to.

They should both play the 1st unit together, and for the majority of every PP.

I'm not the biggest fan of Drew and Stoll always being out there together because they're both right handed shots. It slows down the movement of the puck between the two.

Old
10-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Primakov!

I'm almost certain that he has to pass through waivers to go down to the AHL now because of the number of professional games he has played to date.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:16 AM
bland

JJ's +/- is going to continue to be awful until he contributes offensively. He's an enigma - great feet and hands, but just isn't very good at getting the puck out of his zone to start an attack.

He has a great, hard shot, but it takes him forever to unload it.

Right now, a pointman is this team's most pressing need.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

So...do the sexy picks get any credit for these wins?

I mean, from a purely illogical, karmic fantasy, superstitious nonsense kind of way...

Old
10-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
JJ's +/- is going to continue to be awful until he contributes offensively. He's an enigma - great feet and hands, but just isn't very good at getting the puck out of his zone to start an attack.

He has a great, hard shot, but it takes him forever to unload it.

Right now, a pointman is this team's most pressing need.
Right now, consistent goaltending is all this team needs. We should be 9-2.

With that said, a PP point man would be nice but those aren't exactly dime a dozen. We really had Doughty and Johnson pegged for that.

Old
10-25-2009, 02:23 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Moller should stay in Manchester. He needs to bulk up in a big way, he's just far too weak to handle the NHL right now.

I agree that Purcell isn't cutting it right now. I advocate scratching Purcell for now and letting Parse play on the third line in his spot when Williams comes back.

BTW, this would probably go better here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=696264

Parse played great tonight but its only one game. I would like to see more of parse. I agree that moller needs to bulk up but he already has compared to last season. I honestly think he is ready. Purcell needs to be sent down when williams comes back. Keep parse if he continues his good play. If he doesnt......

smyth-kopitar-williams
frolov-handzus-brown
moller-stoll-simmonds
ivanans-richardson-harrold/lewis

would not mind seeing simmonds and williams switch places just to balance the lines out a bit....

Old
10-25-2009, 02:23 AM
ru4reals

Okay we need to just stop these send him down and bring this guy up threads or comments. Isn't Purcell the same player that everyone in the beginning of the year was saying how this guy is playing so great he definitely belongs in the NHL. Purcell, Moulson, Parse are all the same player. Career journeyman hockey players who will travel from team to team and be okay and nothing more. I swear every kings fan was just drooling over Purcell. Man give him a chance he'll do great. Brown and Stoll are bringing him down. He needs better linemates. My goodness! I swear someone on the PGT is saying that about Parse already, and he's played one game. The funny thing is people said the same thing with Moulson. Bring Moulson up, send down whoever that was sucking. Jeez, they are who they are. They'll have maybe one good game here, and they'll have 3 bad games there. It's just the facts.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:24 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
I'm almost certain that he has to pass through waivers to go down to the AHL now because of the number of professional games he has played to date.
At this point.......let him

Old
10-25-2009, 02:27 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Okay we need to just stop these send him down and bring this guy up threads or comments. Isn't Purcell the same player that everyone in the beginning of the year was saying how this guy is playing so great he definitely belongs in the NHL. Purcell, Moulson, Parse are all the same player. Career journeyman hockey players who will travel from team to team and be okay and nothing more. I swear every kings fan was just drooling over Purcell. Man give him a chance he'll do great. Brown and Stoll are bringing him down. He needs better linemates. My goodness! I swear someone on the PGT is saying that about Parse already, and he's played one game. The funny thing is people said the same thing with Moulson. Bring Moulson up, send down whoever that was sucking. Jeez, they are who they are. They'll have maybe one good game here, and they'll have 3 bad games there. It's just the facts.

You obviously have not been watching the Kings this season. Or at least not Purcell closely.

Old
10-25-2009, 02:30 AM
lak4ever

Kings 3rd period = perfect

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Parse played great tonight but its only one game. I would like to see more of parse. I agree that moller needs to bulk up but he already has compared to last season. I honestly think he is ready. Purcell needs to be sent down when williams comes back. Keep parse if he continues his good play. If he doesnt......

smyth-kopitar-williams
frolov-handzus-brown
moller-stoll-simmonds
ivanans-richardson-harrold/lewis

would not mind seeing simmonds and williams switch places just to balance the lines out a bit....
Moller got pushed around like a rag doll when he got called up this year. He may be stronger, but he still looks like a 16 year old out there. He's simply not ready. It doesn't take away from his potential, he just needs to work on adding to his frame, dominating in the AHL, and learning to play through that weakness of his.

I'm not advocating Parse as a full time player, but it wouldn't hurt Purcell to sit a game or two and watch the action. He was fine earlier in the year but he's been getting worse with every game. Parse was good tonight, he earned another look.