HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Coyotes: Post Game **** YEAH!! Thoughts and Tidbits

Old
10-25-2009, 02:42 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Moller got pushed around like a rag doll when he got called up this year. He may be stronger, but he still looks like a 16 year old out there. He's simply not ready. It doesn't take away from his potential, he just needs to work on adding to his frame, dominating in the AHL, and learning to play through that weakness of his.

I'm not advocating Parse as a full time player, but it wouldn't hurt Purcell to sit a game or two and watch the action. He was fine earlier in the year but he's been getting worse with every game. Parse was good tonight, he earned another look.
I cant argue with that. Only thing i have to say about Moller's games this year.......he had no ice time. His avg for his two games was 7:45. Thats not enough time to get into the flow of the game. He got pushed around like a rad doll last season and was still effective. I just want a look at him on the third line with some decent minutes. He would definately be a upgrade of purcell right now.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:54 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Voice View Post
JDM, some people have changed their mind, so be warned. So far they've been saying that Kopitar is a bust and he should be traded for bag of pucks.
Is this serious? I have never seen any comment like this from even the worst trolls on this site. I would love to see where you pulled this from.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:00 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
You obviously have not been watching the Kings this season. Or at least not Purcell closely.
Ummmm yes I have every game actually except for tonight i was at the SC-OSU game. You mean to tell me he's been awful every game to send him down. No I seriously don't think so. Have you read some of the postings of some of the kings fans from earlier games and how they just love him and feel that he belongs in the NHL. Have you watched him actually play? My point is now it's Parse's turn to get some mad praise and then as soon as he fouls up, send his A** down and bring back Purcell, or Moller or Moulson.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Purcell is garbage....gets knocked off the puck too easily, isn't fast enough to the corners and almost all his shots get blocked. Easily the most frustrating player on the team to watch.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:37 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Ummmm yes I have every game actually except for tonight i was at the SC-OSU game. You mean to tell me he's been awful every game to send him down. No I seriously don't think so. Have you read some of the postings of some of the kings fans from earlier games and how they just love him and feel that he belongs in the NHL. Have you watched him actually play? My point is now it's Parse's turn to get some mad praise and then as soon as he fouls up, send his A** down and bring back Purcell, or Moller or Moulson.
If you follow the kings so closely, how do you not know that moulson is playing for NYI? And I have watched Purcell play. Every minute actually. He is losing his confidence and playing worse each game. I like him and believe he has a place in the nhl at some point. But he is obviously not ready right now.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Doughty played over 27 minutes...holy ****...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:03 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
If you follow the kings so closely, how do you not know that moulson is playing for NYI? And I have watched Purcell play. Every minute actually. He is losing his confidence and playing worse each game. I like him and believe he has a place in the nhl at some point. But he is obviously not ready right now.
The Moulson reference is to how kings fans use to do the same thing like they're doing with Purcell and Parse. Bring up MOULSON cause he'll look great playing with Kopitar and send down whoever was sucking. Ummm wait send Moulson down cause he's not cutting it, totally not NHL ready. Get the drift. Just Stop. Wow Parse had a great game so send down Purcell. Sheesh. "But he's obviously not ready right now". What happens in the next game when he has five goals and a helper. Purcell had a great game tonight he definitely should stick around. Guarentee you, someone will say the same thing you said about Purcell, but it's gonna be Parse.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Sane Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Is this serious? I have never seen any comment like this from even the worst trolls on this site. I would love to see where you pulled this from.
Well, bag of pucks is poetic, but for bust part - it all depends how you define it. For me it all depends on the money. If you have a player with 6.5M+ cap hit and I say his potential is not good enough for number 1 center on Stanley Cup winning team in the future, I consider I have just called him a bust. For this money I expect SC contender top line/pairing player.

There have been a lot of trade rumors going around this summer. I don't feel like going through that Eklund crap again.

Sane Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 05:21 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

With the 28:19 played tonight Victor Hedman is averaging 3 seconds shy of 25:00 per game. Looks like he is as good as advertised.

Joe Corvo second in the league in ATOI. No wonder Carolina only has 2 wins. Quincey is 7th.

Last edited by The VEGASKING: 10-25-2009 at 05:26 AM.
The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I really hope TeMu swaps out Drew for Jack on the 1st unit. Doughty is pressing right now, badly.
I'm sorry, every time I see "TeMu" I think of that dude who plays down by Disneyland. Not digging that.

I am digging Simmonds in a big way. It is mind boggling to think how far he has come as a player in just a couple years.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
So...do the sexy picks get any credit for these wins?
The biggest difference between this team and last year's team is a guy named Ryan Smyth......Which is why I still say he is the best acquisition Dean has made since joining the Kings.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Captain Ron

On Yahoo they have last night's score as 4-3....but if you look at the box score it shows all 5 of the Kings goals.....Yahoo Sports.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:14 PM
HookKing

It is way too early to give up on Purcell. He can keep the puck on his stick thru traffic, he has good speed and nice hands for shooting and passing. He just needs more time to adjust to the intensity of the NHL. 4th line duties might be the right place for him.

Moller is no where near ready -- I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in him.

HookKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post

The season is way too early to be looking at stats, trends or win loss records, unless you're the Maple Leafs... 0-7-1 Hahahaha!

It's not their start which makes me laugh, but the fact that, by giving away this year's 1st round pick, they won't get compensated for (eventually) finishing so poorly!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:26 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Over 10 minutes in PP time too but no shots on goal. C'mon Drew!

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
A lot of PP time.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
It's not their start which makes me laugh, but the fact that, by giving away this year's 1st round pick, they won't get compensated for (eventually) finishing so poorly!
That will be pretty funny if they do end up with the first overall. Either way, Boston sure looks to have a great pick in next summers draft.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Toronto finishes last, Boston selects Taylor Hall and they let Savard walk as a free agent. Kings sign Savard. We all laugh at Toronto.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
He's an enigma - great feet and hands, but just isn't very good at getting the puck out of his zone to start an attack.
Mostly because he seems to want to skate it out rather than pass it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
He has a great, hard shot, but it takes him forever to unload it.
Let's hope that's the only thing he learned from Blake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Purcell is garbage....gets knocked off the puck too easily, isn't fast enough to the corners and almost all his shots get blocked. Easily the most frustrating player on the team to watch.
I don't share bland's optimism that he's gonna be a 20/30 guy this year, but to say that he is garbage is a bit harsh. Purcell is able to make nifty little moves in tight that create space for himself to get opportunities. The unfortunate thing thus far with him is that when he does get the chance, he seems to be whiffing on his shot attempts more often than not. You are right though about him being slow to get to the corners on a lot of occasions. I'm not sure what, if anything is going to solve that, because I don't think his read is the problem, he just can't skate fast enough.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I see Purcell as being more of a 10-15 goal, 20-30 assist kind of a guy. Not good enough for the top 6 but too soft/not defensively responsible enough for the bottom 6. Eric Belanger part deux?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I see Purcell as being more of a 10-15 goal, 20-30 assist kind of a guy. Not good enough for the top 6 but too soft/not defensively responsible enough for the bottom 6. Eric Belanger part deux?
Belanger had some wheels. Purcell, not so much.

Old
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

More like Donald MacLean part deux. Good minor league player. Not so much in the NHL. http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...macledo01.html

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
maybe so, but Purcell is at the point where he NEEDS to work through everything at this level. the Kings are fortunate enough right now with the support group they have to have the luxury of being able to do this with a player with Teddy's obvious talent.

he's run hot and cold out there, but he's definitely working. one CAN say Mike Knuble as easy as one can say Donald MacLean... sometimes the switch gets "flipped" at a different point.

i mean for Pete's sake, someone earlier linked a thread arguing whether or not Ryan Smyth was better than an insofar merely "off to a hot start" Dustin Penner... some were banking on Penner's potential over Smyth's age and wage and offered up a bit of an "wait and see" approach. "wait and see?" really? at 27?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Purcell's role on his line is to create scoring opportunities, which he is seldom doing so. While he may have the offensive abilities and instincts of a top six player, I don't think he has the physical abilities for the rigors of the NHL. Some players are good for only short bursts of production, which I think Purcell is capable of.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
More like Donald MacLean part deux. Good minor league player. Not so much in the NHL. http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...macledo01.html
HA!

I just mentioned MacLean in a discussion with...who the hell was that? Oh it was Piston. Hilarious.