HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Lak

Old
10-23-2009, 08:05 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 500
I love how the OP spells out why he needs to trade Price and what he thinks of him as an average netminder....

Then he puts him out as the centerpiece of a trade netting half the Kings roster.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Quick's price tag > Price's price tag and i don't care how much better Price is, too me, he is not THAT much better. Johnson has probably been our most consistent dman so far this year, and @ 1.425 million he's a steal. Frolov will be used for an UPGRADE on the left wing or will be traded for picks or an Andrew Ladd type of player.
Keep dreaming. You aren't getting much for a guy who is proven to be moody, and also a UFA at the end of the year. You'd have to add more than Frolov to get much of an upgrade.

Deemeck, I think it's because it's much harder to be a goalie in Montreal. The fans there are notorious for being hard on incosistent players, which could be the reason behind Price's inconsistency, where as in LA, there isn't as much pressure from fans to be an amazing goalie all the time. Either way, Price isn't being traded..

Rysmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:26 AM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
What is all this jibbersih i am reading ?
Ok you win Quick is and will be a much better goaltender than Price !
Once again, there should be some kind of post blocker for hockey ignorance at HF.
IL has your back !
Dude.... i didn't say Quick will be better or worse.... im saying it as it is rite now..... 1- you, as a habs fan..... are you happy with the play of carey price up to date????

2- just because he has all the potential in the world, and has won here and there(outside the nhl) and he was a high 1st round pick, and the world said, "oh boy,... the next Brodeur". can it be that he's just not that good,,,, example.... i dunno...alexander daigle in the first...and vise versa, zetterberg in the 5th or 6th...i dunno

3-half the fans in mtl bash him..... on a bad day that is, here in mtl(wich is when they lose a game) and on a good day 1/3 of the fans bash him....

and the whole point is that the op wants 1/3 of our team for a player that up to now has proven 0(in the nhl)....... and there triing to trade that player, who's proven 0(in the nhl).... to a team that has Quick, Bernier, and 1 maybe even 2 good goalie prospects.........

DoughtyJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Seikalym

NHL 10 is a fun game.

Seikalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I don't see why. Johnson has proven even less than Price at this point and Price's ceiling is much higher. Ersberg is crap, it's to have a 2nd goalie in Montreal.
Poor lateral movement. Bad glove hand. Even worse work ethic. I don't see why people are so quick to suck off price.

Also it's certainly open for debate on who's ceiling is higher.

Ersberg is all right actually. Not to call you out on that we all sometimes talk out of our you know whats on players we haven't seen play.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teztify View Post
Keep dreaming. You aren't getting much for a guy who is proven to be moody, and also a UFA at the end of the year. You'd have to add more than Frolov to get much of an upgrade.
explain to me, how Frolov ALONE will get an upgrade? it was IMPLIED that he would be PACKAGED for an upgrade.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 11:54 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
explain to me, how Frolov ALONE will get an upgrade? it was IMPLIED that he would be PACKAGED for an upgrade.
He won't be packaged for an upgrade though. The only type of team looking for a rental are stanley cup contenders. It would be pointless for a team such as that to give up a roster player that is already better than Frolov. They'd want to bolster their roster, not addition by subtraction.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 12:16 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He won't be packaged for an upgrade though. The only type of team looking for a rental are stanley cup contenders. It would be pointless for a team such as that to give up a roster player that is already better than Frolov. They'd want to bolster their roster, not addition by subtraction.

Who said Frolov would HAVE to be traded for a roster player? It could be for a player ready for the NHL, but can't quite make a contenders team just yet?

If you look at how DL is building the Kings, I could see a contender trading a gritty, hard working player with less offensive production for Frolov.

Sometimes trades are made to get a player with a different skill set as opposed to getting a player with a better stat sheet.

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I love how the OP spells out why he needs to trade Price and what he thinks of him as an average netminder....

Then he puts him out as the centerpiece of a trade netting half the Kings roster.
Carey Price is going to suck for us. Give us your best players so we don't have to be sad.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

You made a proposal with a fanbase that still holds grudges against us for 1993 (even though I'm sure at least half of them aren't old enough to remember it), and for one game last year where Higgins wasn't penalized before scoring a goal. Good going. Not to mention you're offering Price up. I love the intelligence of this board.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 1240
The OP makes no sense. Price is better than Quick and I wouldn't do that trade and downgrade our most valuable position.

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaye View Post
You made a proposal with a fanbase that still holds grudges against us for 1993 (even though I'm sure at least half of them aren't old enough to remember it), and for one game last year where Higgins wasn't penalized before scoring a goal. Good going. Not to mention you're offering Price up. I love the intelligence of this board.
The only grudge Kings fans hold against the Habs is that we have to put up with these stupid trade suggestions that severely undervalue the Kings. I guess it goes to show you how little some fans know...

As for Quick vs. Price, well, I would say it is unfair to say one is better over the other at this point. Too early in their careers and they are still developing. It might take a new team for Price to break out of his shell though. He could turn out to be the next Jocelyn Thibault.

Quick has a lot to prove as well, as many think he's riding high after his invite and performance at the US Olympic team practices, his head may still be in the clouds. But either way, the Kings are winning with Quick in net, and the Habs are now starting Halak over Price.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The only grudge Kings fans hold against the Habs is that we have to put up with these stupid trade suggestions that severely undervalue the Kings. I guess it goes to show you how little some fans know...
Hardly. I've seen countless Kings fans rag on the Habs for stupid reasons like "that game last season where Higgins hauled down Doughty, should've been a penalty!!!! Habs paid off the refs!!!!", or "Only reason Habs won the cup is cuz you called for a stick measurement. That's not the way to win a cup!!!".

Stupid trade proposals are a fact of life on this board. It's not just Habs fans, it's every fanbase.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Prudentius

Wow, didn't thought LA fans were this bitter after we won the cup. I mean, you get Price which would be a very valuable asset(and a much better goalie than Quick despite what you think). He just need a change of scenary. His ceiling is at least 500% higher. In return we get J. Johnson which is very good, but not nearly as good as he was hyped to be a few years ago.

Ersberg is garbage, Frolov is garbage, S. Kost is garbage.

You get Hamrlik which is a very reliable defenseman right now(probably better than Johnson) for this year and the next. And we take Stoll off your hands. On top of that, you get some free cap space, what's not to like?

If you are crying like a bunch of wimps though, I can add A. Kost to this proposal. Hope you'll stop crying bout the fact u lost the cup in 1993.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:12 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Wow, didn't thought LA fans were this bitter after we won the cup. I mean, you get Price which would be a very valuable asset(and a much better goalie than Quick despite what you think). He just need a change of scenary. His ceiling is at least 500% higher. In return we get J. Johnson which is very good, but not nearly as good as he was hyped to be a few years ago.

You get Hamrlik which is a very reliable defenseman right now(probably better than Johnson) for this year and the next. And we take Stoll off your hands. On top of that, you get some free cap space, what's not to like?

If you are crying like a bunch of wimps though, I can add A. Kost to this proposal. Hope you'll stop crying bout the fact u lost the cup in 1993.
Price is the only one with value coming from the Habs and LA is happy with their goaltending. We don't want or need Hamrlik or the Kostitsyn's

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:

They are bitter about losing in the Finals? No, I'm pretty sure they're bitter that you want to give them a goalie who has been getting consistently worse since his rookie year, a 35 year old defenseman, and a forward who disappears when he's on the ice, and then disappears off the ice.

Honestly, besides giving us a typical "You don't like my proposal so you must be bitter" reaction, take a look at it. It ****ing sucks. The only two fairly young proven commodities going either way are Frolov and Stoll to Montreal. Hamrlik is a good defenseman, but he's old, and about the age that most defenseman start to fall apart. Kostitsyn has no value. None. Nobody wants a guy who's done nothing in the NHL yet thinks he's too good for the AHL. Not even Montreal fans. No one even cares about Ersberg.

What is it with Montreal fans and expecting every half-decent goaltender that comes through their organization to become Patrick Roy? So two seasons in Montreal, and Carey Price cannot "handle the pressure"?

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 06:58 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
They are bitter about losing in the Finals? No, I'm pretty sure they're bitter that you want to give them a goalie who has been getting consistently worse since his rookie year, a 35 year old defenseman, and a forward who disappears when he's on the ice, and then disappears off the ice.

Honestly, besides giving us a typical "You don't like my proposal so you must be bitter" reaction, take a look at it. It ****ing sucks. The only two fairly young proven commodities going either way are Frolov and Stoll to Montreal. Hamrlik is a good defenseman, but he's old, and about the age that most defenseman start to fall apart. Kostitsyn has no value. None. Nobody wants a guy who's done nothing in the NHL yet thinks he's too good for the AHL. Not even Montreal fans. No one even cares about Ersberg.

What is it with Montreal fans and expecting every half-decent goaltender that comes through their organization to become Patrick Roy? So two seasons in Montreal, and Carey Price cannot "handle the pressure"?

Who is going to bust in Montreal but would be the best goalie to ever play for a west-coast team... dont you get it ?!?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Yes. We get it. It just makes no sense.

Goaltenders either stand up to pressure or they wither and end up mopping up the lanes at your local alley.

It matters not where they play.

You should be ashamed of yourself as a Habs fan to not understand this critical concept. Your team has Stanley Cups up the wazoo largely because of this fact.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 07:18 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Yes. We get it. It just makes no sense.

Goaltenders either stand up to pressure or they wither and end up mopping up the lanes at your local alley.

It matters not where they play.

You should be ashamed of yourself as a Habs fan to not understand this critical concept. Your team has Stanley Cups up the wazoo largely because of this fact.
So... Quick, JJ and a 1st for Price ?

think about it, best goalie to ever play for a west-coast team...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
ReggieD

The OP is on crack. Why would the Kings give up JMFJ and Frolov and Stoll and a 1st for a steaming pile of MTL s....

ReggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
CanadienErrant*

The Kost Bros + Price

for

Frolov & Bernier + a pick

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
He never asked for a trade. Get your facts straight. Johnson did exactly what he said he was going to do prior to even being drafted.
e mail Pierre McGuire. Ask him if JJ looked him in the eye and said that yes, he would sign with the Canes.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
mcphee

Quote:

you're kind of an advertisment for rival boards. Agree with me or you're an idiot. Players with big time potential are dealt when there are big time needs. LA, at this moment are not in that position. They have to ride out their current success to identify certain players. When you get right down to it, the day after a deal like this, both teams are a bit worse.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieD View Post
The OP is on crack. Why would the Kings give up JMFJ and Frolov and Stoll and a 1st for a steaming pile of MTL s....
Not as bad as this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So... Quick, JJ and a 1st for Price ?

think about it, best goalie to ever play for a west-coast team...

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 1240
Can't wait for Price to prove everyone wrong again.

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote