I want some input on the talented winger drafted by Nashville; Alexander Radulov.
1) Do you think he was a steal, @ #15 in the '04 draft?
2) Do you think he will be a top 6 forward in the NHL?
3) How many points do you see him scoring, in his prime?
4) What current NHLer would you compare him to?
5) Using HF's rating system. What would you rate him?
I find this thread amusing. Radulov is 18 years old, he's played 30 games in the Q, and people are somehow pegging him as the next Alexei Kovalev! At this point I think it's stretching it to even say that he's a steal, never mind 70 points a season in the NHL. How many of you even knew who Alexander Radulov was at this time last year? If you didn't you're basing this whole opinion on 30 games? Sure it's fun to speculate, but sometimes I think we should bite our proverbial tongues and wait to see how these prospects progress before placing unrealistic or at the very least improbable expectations on them. It's threads like this that make me realize the gaping void that has been left in our hockey souls by the lockout, which has in turn precipitated our desperate attempts to fill the void with meaningless message board discussions about increasingly ridiculous topics. Having said that...
4) That guy... ya know the one that plays for that team
What can I say... I'm just as bored as the rest of you.
1. Yeah. I think he was compared NEGATIVELY to his brother...who had significantly less upside. I know I was disappointed when we drafted him. He's now my favorite prospect.
3. in his prime...30\40\70
4. Kovalev is a good comparison. I've also heard Mogilny