HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2009/10 - Lines Discussion - (ES/PP/PK) - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2009, 07:50 AM
  #326
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
I'm glad people are starting to see that we need Timonen - Parent back as a pairing. They leaned on each other very well last season when put together. Not to mention, Coburn needs to get demoted to the 3rd pairing anyway.

I don't know why everyone is still reading Wolfy's posts regarding this subject. If I see OKT in his post I just disregard the rest of it. He knows very little about the Flyers and makes all of his opinions based on 6 games of a new season.

Nothing personal, just saying.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 08:38 AM
  #327
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I'm glad people are starting to see that we need Timonen - Parent back as a pairing. They leaned on each other very well last season when put together. Not to mention, Coburn needs to get demoted to the 3rd pairing anyway.

I don't know why everyone is still reading Wolfy's posts regarding this subject. If I see OKT in his post I just disregard the rest of it. He knows very little about the Flyers and makes all of his opinions based on 6 games of a new season.

Nothing personal, just saying.
I agree, especially after last night.

Carle-Pronger
Parent-Timonen
Coburn-OKT/Syvret

Let Coburn work out his kinks with reduced icetime. Should also help lower his re-signing price if Holmgrem can be like, "well, we are not afraid to put players in the AHL, like Jones. And you did play so well we had to demote you 2 pairings. How does $2 sound?"

Coburn- "For 4 years? $2? Done."

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
  #328
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I agree, especially after last night.

Carle-Pronger
Parent-Timonen
Coburn-OKT/Syvret

Let Coburn work out his kinks with reduced icetime. Should also help lower his re-signing price if Holmgrem can be like, "well, we are not afraid to put players in the AHL, like Jones. And you did play so well we had to demote you 2 pairings. How does $2 sound?"

Coburn- "For 4 years? $2? Done."
Completely agree.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
  #329
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
I posted this in the Gags thread but... we have new lines:
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...695&feedID=704

Quote:
Richards was centering Scott Hartnell and Mika Pyorala.

Asham dropped down to Claude Giroux’s line with Dan Carcillo. Jeff Carter’s line remained unchanged with James van Riemsdyk and Danny Briere.

Holmgren said the club would not call up another forward.

Before netting one against Florida, Gagne had gone a career-high seven games before scoring his opening goal of the season.
What I hope would happen is:

JVR-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Pyorala
Maroon-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo-Powe-Lappy

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
  #330
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
John Steven's idea of coaching is changing the lines after every loss

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
  #331
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
OKT is 6th now, the coaches really like his play. Syvret will play less when Parent returns. Syvret is doing okay, but he lacks size, it's too easy to knock him off the puck. He needs to add some muscle, until then he's fine as 7th.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
  #332
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I posted this in the Gags thread but... we have new lines:
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...695&feedID=704



What I hope would happen is:

JVR-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Pyorala
Maroon-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo-Powe-Lappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
John Steven's idea of coaching is changing the lines after every loss
Nah, eventually he will change them back to what they should be.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
  #333
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Giroux is centering Carcillo and Asham?

Awesome use of resources there.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:50 PM
  #334
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,946
vCash: 955
Yeah. Poor Claude.

Although Asham does have three goals in the last 4 games.....

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
  #335
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Giroux is centering Carcillo and Asham?

Awesome use of resources there.
I know, haha. Poor Claude has had different linemates practically every game. Good for young players to build chemistry early, right?

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:54 PM
  #336
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
OKT is 6th now, the coaches really like his play. Syvret will play less when Parent returns. Syvret is doing okay, but he lacks size, it's too easy to knock him off the puck. He needs to add some muscle, until then he's fine as 7th.
Naw... until OTK actually gets a start over Syvret (other then his one showing) when Parent is in , Syvret is our 6th. I actually like how Danny is playing...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
  #337
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
Giroux has been getting **** on by Stevens this season. He's been up there as one of our best players in many of the games this season, reward the kid with some ice time and better linemates.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
  #338
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Naw... until OTK actually gets a start over Syvret (other then his one showing) when Parent is in , Syvret is our 6th. I actually like how Danny is playing...
I like what i've seen from OKT the past 2 games

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
  #339
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I like what i've seen from OKT the past 2 games
Never said he was doing bad, but neither has Syvret. Those two are pretty exchangeable for me.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:06 PM
  #340
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Never said he was doing bad, but neither has Syvret. Those two are pretty exchangeable for me.
Eh, Syvret pushes the puck a lot more/better. Problem with a Parent/OKT pairing is neither of them is especially adept at helping the rush.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
  #341
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Eh, Syvret pushes the puck a lot more/better. Problem with a Parent/OKT pairing is neither of them is especially adept at helping the rush.
I meant how they are playing at the moment, but what you said is true...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
  #342
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Never said he was doing bad, but neither has Syvret. Those two are pretty exchangeable for me.
Syvret is OK, but I feel like OKT brings slightly more to the table overall. Certainly Syvret makes some nice passes here and there but I haven't liked what i've seen in his own end so much.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
  #343
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
OKT is 6th now, the coaches really like his play. Syvret will play less when Parent returns. Syvret is doing okay, but he lacks size, it's too easy to knock him off the puck. He needs to add some muscle, until then he's fine as 7th.
1. I hate every one of your opinions, this is me attacking your opinion, not you.
2. Size is completely overrated in the new NHL, you keep your team with your size, I'll take the small team with skating and finesse.
3. OKT is our 7th D-man. Parent-OKT was a horrible experiment the first time around, I'd rather not see it again. If Coburn gets knocked down to the 3rd pairing, which JSTAFF the coach would do, then I wouldn't mind OKT as the 6th.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
  #344
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
1. I hate every one of your opinions, this is me attacking your opinion, not you.
2. Size is completely overrated in the new NHL, you keep your team with your size, I'll take the small team with skating and finesse.
3. OKT is our 7th D-man. Parent-OKT was a horrible experiment the first time around, I'd rather not see it again. If Coburn gets knocked down to the 3rd pairing, which JSTAFF the coach would do, then I wouldn't mind OKT as the 6th.
Jev your opinions suck



sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
  #345
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I know, haha. Poor Claude has had different linemates practically every game. Good for young players to build chemistry early, right?
I think a third line of Carcillo - Giroux - Asham will provide good scoring chances and great physicality. If they can play third line defense, I'll be quite happy.

Seriously, crashing the net has never been more exciting.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
  #346
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I think a third line of Carcillo - Giroux - Asham will provide good scoring chances and great physicality. If they can play third line defense, I'll be quite happy.

Seriously, crashing the net has never been more exciting.
Its more of Giroux's style that doesnt fit on that line. Hes gonna go in, dangle through people and make the amazing pass to either, 20 goals Carcillo or future 40 goal scorer Asham, hoping that both of them could finish... even though they arent scorers at all...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
  #347
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Whether you believe me or not is your problem, not mine.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
  #348
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
I'd like to see them switch Coburn and Carle for a couple games. Coburn was much more physical and effective when with Hatcher, then trailed off when separated. Maybe playing with Pronger will have the same effect and he'll get back to the way he played in 07-08.

Splitting up Carle and Pronger might be ineffective in the short run, but they need Coburn to play at the level he's capable of if they want to completely shut down opponents like Pittsburgh and Washington later in the season and in the playoffs. Coburn has shown that he is a good, young defenseman. Skaters at Coburn's age don't regress unless there's a reason. Stevens just needs to figure out why he's slumping and help him fix the problem.

As for forwards, I think it might be good to reunite Gagne with Briere in some capacity. Maybe reverting back to an old line mate would be a good option to fix stale chemistry. In addition, Gagne and Briere were really only together when Briere played center. Maybe an effective center can make the duo more deadly.

Also, I don't think separating Carter and Briere would be too detrimental. That line has been underperforming as well at even strength IMO.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 08:05 PM
  #349
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Giroux is centering Carcillo and Asham?

Awesome use of resources there.
Yep. Kinda like towing a house trailer with a Ferrari.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
  #350
Claude Giroux
 
Claude Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I posted this in the Gags thread but... we have new lines:
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...695&feedID=704



What I hope would happen is:

JVR-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Pyorala
Maroon-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo-Powe-Lappy
What the **** man...he couldn't just play with Richards and Hartnell?

Claude Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.