HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Savard?

Old
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
Savard will not be available, at all. They'll deal away Bergeron before they let Savard go, and none of these deals would get Savard anyway.

His value on the trade market is not worth giving up, especially being a free agent this offseason. We can have him for nothing if he makes it there.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
I kinda hope he doesn't, Jokinen feels like a mistake. He's damn inconsistent.
I agree, but it's definitely a move I could see him making.

That being said, Jokinen is a hell of a player when he's on his game. I just wonder if any hard-nosed coach will get the most out of him, or of he's completely reliant on Iron Mike to get him into the game.

Grachev - Jokinen - Gaborik would be a very fast, very large first line that could do A LOT of damage. On the same token, we could end up with another overpaid, 50-60 point FA center.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Bruins fan here chiming in...

1) we are VERY deep on Center with prospects and such, so sending Higgins won't do much for us

2) we need more good d dept or young puck moving dmen

3) no, we are not nearly as drunk or crazy as Bob Gainey, and no I do not think Slats has dirt on Chia, so NO WE WILL NOT TAKE REDDEN OR ROZSIVAL... Chia is not Gainey...lol

4) I think the bruins really want to keep him Savvy so Higgins+ a bag of pucks won't do much... you're talking about top 10 point producer every year since post lock out, you need to do better than that.

5) For the Bruins to deal Savvy at the deadline it would have to be either A) A knock your socks off deal they can't say no to.... or B) they lose 3\4 of their games between now and then and have no shot at playoffs...

6) I think the ONE chance you have for Savvy is at draft day, if talks break down between Chia and Savvy's camp and they cannot get a deal by then, it only makes sense to move him rather than him leave for nothing... sure you won't get a much, something is better than nothing right?

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well Del Gilroy is making Bobby Sangs look expendable...

Bobby Sangs a 1st rounder and a decent roster player...maybe something conditional upon Savard signing?

10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Fletch

feels kind of early to start talking about trade deadline moves.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I agree, but it's definitely a move I could see him making.

That being said, Jokinen is a hell of a player when he's on his game. I just wonder if any hard-nosed coach will get the most out of him, or of he's completely reliant on Iron Mike to get him into the game.

Grachev - Jokinen - Gaborik would be a very fast, very large first line that could do A LOT of damage. On the same token, we could end up with another overpaid, 50-60 point FA center.
Jokinen is not a player I would be interested in. There is a reason he was been traded twice already and most likely wont be resigned in Calgary even though they need a #1 center for Iginla. The guy is good when he is the focal point but he doesnt make the players around him better. He didnt work with Doan and he hasnt worked with Iginla, I would doubt he would work with Gaborik. Marleau IMO is the better option.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

1) we are VERY deep on Center with prospects and such, so sending Higgins won't do much for us
Higgins plays LW.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Matt4776

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

2) we need more good d dept or young puck moving dmen

3) no, we are not nearly as drunk or crazy as Bob Gainey, and no I do not think Slats has dirt on Chia, so NO WE WILL NOT TAKE REDDEN OR ROZSIVAL... Chia is not Gainey...lol

4) I think the bruins really want to keep him Savvy so Higgins+ a bag of pucks won't do much... you're talking about top 10 point producer every year since post lock out, you need to do better than that.

5) For the Bruins to deal Savvy at the deadline it would have to be either A) A knock your socks off deal they can't say no to.... or B) they lose 3\4 of their games between now and then and have no shot at playoffs...

6) I think the ONE chance you have for Savvy is at draft day, if talks break down between Chia and Savvy's camp and they cannot get a deal by then, it only makes sense to move him rather than him leave for nothing... sure you won't get a much, something is better than nothing right?
I know it probably still won't be enough, but when I say Higgins +, I don't exactly mean a bag of pucks... I know the prospects will be top-tier prospects and the picks will most definitely be 1st's.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote