HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Howard

Old
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
CC Chiefs*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Osgood will get more chances, we know that ( ), but if he really can't pull it together, I think Holland will be forced to make a move, even if it is for Legace or Fernandez. The team carried 3 goaltenders for a while a couple seasons ago, and if they send down Abdelkader, they'd have room on the roster to do so again.
IMO if the Wings are going to make a move it HAS TO BE AN UPGRADE. Legace is not an upgrade.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 50
I would like to see Howard get an extended look before we even discuss signing any of the Mannies currently available or trading away assets for an attempted quick fix. He played very well last night and deserves some starts to try and get himself in a groove.

Also, Ozzie was terrible all last season too and was very good in the playoffs, so there's that to consider.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I would like to see Howard get an extended look before we even discuss signing any of the Mannies currently available or trading away assets for an attempted quick fix. He played very well last night and deserves some starts to try and get himself in a groove.

Also, Ozzie was terrible all last season too and was very good in the playoffs, so there's that to consider.
Yep. If Howard proves to be able to shoulder the load for awhile, I think we let this play out until closer to the trade deadline and then see who's available. If Howard proves capable of handling at least a backup role, our goalie options expand quite a bit for the next few years.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote