HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Randy Jones (claimed by L.A. Kings)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
  #51
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'm being told Bartulis has also been recalled per the Inquirer. Anyone see a link?
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Seems to be the case, although that could be reporting the last time this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Either way, Gagne goes to LTIR before we see Jones on the roster.
Yes, but it's still possible that we reverse course or make a trade or something. Never discount Homlgren's ability to do something crazy with roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I was under the impression you had to sit out a certain number of games in order to be placed on LITR, and isn't the waiver period only 24 hours or so?
I think the waiver period is more like 48, but you're right, it's not terribly long.

CantSeeColors is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
  #52
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Devils Martin is out for a long time right?
I see where you're going there.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

Quote:
Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said that defenseman Paul Martin and left wing Jay Pandolfo will both miss four to six weeks with their respective injuries.

Martin has a non-displaced fracture of his lower left arm above the wrist. He will not require surgery, but will have to wear a cast. He was hit in the arm with a shot from Bill Guerin in the third period of Saturday’s 4-1 win in Pittsburgh. Martin was also slashed on the arm later in the third period.
After watching Jones for years though, I think that's a bit of a stretch for Lou to want him.

chimrichalds18 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:39 PM
  #53
FlyerSithLord
Registered User
 
FlyerSithLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tinicum
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
If this rumor is true and Jones gets recalled and claimed, I will have lost all faith that the Flyers management knows how to successfully navigate the salary cap. The asset management for this team is an absolute joke.

FlyerSithLord is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
  #54
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
So I'm confusing myself now. I'm mixing up re-entry waivers and buyouts in my brain.

If he is claimed, we are stuck with half of the cap hit....but is it only for this year, or for double the remaining term (so this year and next)?

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
  #55
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
So I'm confusing myself now. I'm mixing up re-entry waivers and buyouts in my brain.

If he is claimed, we are stuck with half of the cap hit....but is it only for this year, or for double the remaining term (so this year and next)?
Only this year...and if the team were to waive him themselves, then we would be off the hook again--though, I'm not sure what would happen if he were claimed off waivers by someone else and not in the AHL after that.

Jester is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
  #56
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,888
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelValParanormal View Post
If this rumor is true and Jones gets recalled and claimed, I will have lost all faith that the Flyers management knows how to successfully navigate the salary cap. The asset management for this team is an absolute joke.
That should have been made apparent last season. This would prove that they never learned from their mistakes.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
  #57
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Does Jones have to clear waivers before being traded? If not, would he have to clear waivers for his new club if he was to be placed on their NHL roster?
Just thinking Jones could be in a deal for a goalie (some guy named Price from Montreal is available). Price is better than Boucher. Of course, without Gagne, the Flyers could use scoring, but those guys seem to be harder to find.

Murphy7 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
  #58
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,888
vCash: 5792
He does now. The Flyers could have traded him while he was in the minors.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
  #59
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Does Jones have to clear waivers before being traded? If not, would he have to clear waivers for his new club if he was to be placed on their NHL roster?
Just thinking Jones could be in a deal for a goalie (some guy named Price from Montreal is available). Price is better than Boucher. Of course, without Gagne, the Flyers could use scoring, but those guys seem to be harder to find.
No way Price is gone. The Habs love him. Even though he has been not so great. He is however, better than Boucher.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 12:58 PM
  #60
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Does Jones have to clear waivers before being traded? If not, would he have to clear waivers for his new club if he was to be placed on their NHL roster?
Just thinking Jones could be in a deal for a goalie (some guy named Price from Montreal is available). Price is better than Boucher. Of course, without Gagne, the Flyers could use scoring, but those guys seem to be harder to find.
Please son, i promised myself i wouldn't respond. Jones for Price huh ?
Oh hell forget it !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
  #61
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He does now. The Flyers could have traded him while he was in the minors.
Would the other team then have to have him clear waivers? That's what I'm looking at. Some team says it will take him, but that team doesn't want to risk re-entry. They tell Homer you clear him and he can be part of the package with a player/pick the other team really wants.
It's all speculation, but even with Parent out I don't see why Philly will carry eight defensemen. Especially with a first line winger possibly out for a month or more.

Murphy7 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:02 PM
  #62
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,447
vCash: 1161
Unless there is an additional move, this sounds like Parent has suffered some sort of setback and that goes against recent reports of his condition.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:02 PM
  #63
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Please son, i promised myself i wouldn't respond. Jones for Price huh ?
Oh hell forget it !
Not a straight-up deal, silly. I passed my drug test.


Last edited by Murphy7: 10-28-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: "Jones could be in a deal for a goalie," not be the entire deal.
Murphy7 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
  #64
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,943
vCash: 500
So we put a winger on LTIR and call up a dman who could be taken before getting off the plane and whose salary we'd be responsible for (50%). Does Philly have a capologist or someone who knows the rules?

MsWoof is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
  #65
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Not a straight-up deal, silly. I passed my drug test.
Well tell me this, why wouldn't the Habs have taken him for free off Re-Entry ?
Jones sucks and is paid like someone who doesn't.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
  #66
dr.rosenrosen
Registered User
 
dr.rosenrosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: S.Philly
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
all this thread is making me think about is the phillies...

dr.rosenrosen is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
  #67
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
Well tell me this, why wouldn't the Habs have taken him for free off Re-Entry ?
Jones sucks and is paid like someone who doesn't.
They might want someone else, and the only way the Flyers would part with THAT player would be to include Jones and his hugemongoloid salary. As for names the Habs would want, I am so not going to start a riot on this board about players fans don't want to see the Flyers trade. I'm sure the Canadiens would have little interest in Cote or Carcillo, so that leaves 11 forwards, 6 defensemen and 2 goalies with the big club, and the others that are not on the NHL roster for Montreal to covet.

Murphy7 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
  #68
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
<ignore this....quoted wrong thing>

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
  #69
FlyerSithLord
Registered User
 
FlyerSithLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tinicum
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That should have been made apparent last season. This would prove that they never learned from their mistakes.
Guess I was optimistic that they would have learned.

FlyerSithLord is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
  #70
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,888
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Would the other team then have to have him clear waivers? That's what I'm looking at. Some team says it will take him, but that team doesn't want to risk re-entry. They tell Homer you clear him and he can be part of the package with a player/pick the other team really wants.
It's all speculation, but even with Parent out I don't see why Philly will carry eight defensemen. Especially with a first line winger possibly out for a month or more.
Yes.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
  #71
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,451
vCash: 500
Gagne, a forward, is on IR, lets call up a crappy yet expensive defenceman, makes perfect sense

any options for a new GM out there?

RoDu is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
  #72
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Gagne, a forward, is on IR, lets call up a crappy yet expensive defenceman, makes perfect sense

any options for a new GM out there?
That's what doesn't make sense to me. Has to be something in the works. Trade or something.

Trade Jones and get rid of Stevens
happy day

dbr2 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
  #73
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
That's what doesn't make sense to me. Has to be something in the works. Trade or something.

Trade Jones and get rid of Stevens
Jones can be traded from the AHL, but he might have to clear re-entry there also.

However, who trades for him at full price when they can have him at half price for NOTHING?????

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
  #74
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Jones can be traded from the AHL, but he might have to clear re-entry there also.

However, who trades for him at full price when they can have him at half price for NOTHING?????
Well, we did trade Zhitnik for Coburn. I'm thinking Homer used his ski mask in that trade. He may be wearing it today.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
  #75
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Jones can be traded from the AHL, but he might have to clear re-entry there also.

However, who trades for him at full price when they can have him at half price for NOTHING?????

They claim him for half as a "good deed" and make a trade with us that is already in the works??? Does that make sense...this thread is confusing the piss out of me.

Talbetts is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.