HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Randy Jones (claimed by L.A. Kings)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
I think that at half price, this **** gets claimed for sure. No idea what the baffoons that run this team are thinking. Even if he clears it makes no sense, as OKT/Syvret have been ok. Could Coburn be being traded ????

Old
10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Jones can be traded from the AHL, but he might have to clear re-entry there also.

However, who trades for him at full price when they can have him at half price for NOTHING?????
The sheer obvious-ness of this comment may have saved my morning. Gave me a good laugh.

This is like a horror flick though; right before Halloween too.

If Parent is hurt, why not Bourdon, Marshall, Bartulis?

Gagne is hurt, why not Kolanos, Kaspar, Ross, Kalinski, Maroon?

This is just a disaster waiting to happen no matter what the outcome.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I just don't understand. I don't.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Well, we did trade Zhitnik for Coburn. I'm thinking Homer used his ski mask in that trade. He may be wearing it today.
I hope so. You never know which day Luukko will be wearing his hangman's hood.

A deal makes a lot of sense, though. Otherwise, where are the Flyers? Left winger Randy Jones? Somebody call Lasse and tell him to tune in to this one.

Old
Talbetts

I'm flabbergasted.

Old
chaosof99*

I was so hoping that Stevens would get fired today. Instead this **** happens.

Why? For what reason do you ever recall Jones? Just when we got rid of his overgrown price tag.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Wolfy

I was waiting for something to happen on D, Stevens is killing the top two pairings and that can't continue. Jones and Bartulis in? OKT waived or traded, Syvret to the minors? I'm trying to call my good friend, but he doesn't answer the phone, wonder why. I want info on this.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Update from Tim P.:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...454&feedID=695

Quote:

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren has confirmed for CSNPhilly.com that Simon Gagne will go on long-term injury.

This move, he said, has allowed the team to place defenseman Randy Jones on re-entry waivers. Jones was on the re-entry list Wednesday afternoon.

“When we loaned Randy, it was a cap issue and with Simon going on long-term, we don’t have as many cap issues,” Holmgren said.

Jones was exiled to the Phantoms so the team could sign Blair Betts and carry James van Riemsdyk and Mika Pyorala on their opening night roster.

That means Jones’ $3 million salary will go back onto the Flyers cap -- if he clears and is added to the roster.

Holmgren said the club still will likely not know until Thursday whether Gagne, who has two hernias, needs surgery. He will miss no less than 10 games and 24 days by being placed on long-term injury (LTI).

“We have not sat down with everyone yet,” Holmgren. “There are other things we have to discuss so I don’t know if we will have an answer until [Thursday].”

Old
10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
FlyersRKings

Yeah this makes no sense....we are we adding (if he even clears waivers) yet ANOTHER defensemen with atrocious +/- (at the minor league level)? Isn't Coburn enough? Have we decided that blowing 2 goal leads isn't sufficient, it should be 3-4 goal leads?\

Old
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Talbetts

Maybe Eklund has an inside scoop?

What ever happened with the Shanny talks?

Old
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
So wtf happens when Gagne returns? My only guess would be Jones would be sent back down. This makes no sense to me.

If Jones is back on cap. Does that effect Betts returning?

Old
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

that article reeks of FAIL

Old
10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
that article reeks of FAIL
As the Cars sang "Substitution, mass confusion."

With Parent back, then he and Jones replace OKT and Syvret. Until the next change.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:42 PM
decadentia

The most disturbing thing about all of this...is when Homer sent Jones down he was thinking "the first chance I get i'll be bringing him back, what an unfortunate salary cap loss".

Old
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:

With Parent back, then he and Jones replace OKT and Syvret. Until the next change.
Yea, that's the way it's looking. It shouldn't be a bad pairing, though we don't even know if Jones is 100% healthy. He didn't look like it in preseason.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Miss Mess

just great

Old
10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
FlyersRKings

Quote:

That makes no sense to me. Have you guys been overly irritated with the play of OKT or Syvret? They certainly have been more consistent than Coburn or even Timonen. Check their plus/minus on flyers.nhl.com. Awful.

Even if OKT does take the occasional boneheaded penalty, I'd much rather have him back there than Coburn/Jones.....

Old
10-28-2009, 01:52 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like Syvret. However it's hard to see what he can do in a game. Considering the fact he plays 8 minutes or less. Play favorites some more you **** head Stevens. Cake eater.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersRKings View Post
That makes no sense to me. Have you guys been overly irritated with the play of OKT or Syvret? They certainly have been more consistent than Coburn or even Timonen. Check their plus/minus on flyers.nhl.com. Awful.

Even if OKT does take the occasional boneheaded penalty, I'd much rather have him back there than Coburn/Jones.....
Their +/- means zip because they are playing 10 minutes a game on a good night. Thats ultimate spot treatment. OKT has been up and down. Played a few good games, and looked awful in a few. Personally, I think Syvret is starting to look useless out there.

Old
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
UseYourAllusion

Old
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:

It is tough to comment on Jones' recent health since I have no first-hand knowledge since the opening night rosters were finalized. OKT and Syvret, whether we like them or not, haven't seen much ice time and ultimately it is the opinion of the coaching staff that matters. We can praise or criticize those two players but if the staff doesn't feel comfortable or pleased with OKT and/or Syvret, then that is what determines this/these subsequent move(s).

Old
10-28-2009, 01:55 PM
TheNextOneX

Ever wonder why the system ain't that great?

Randy Jones and Chris Pronger accidentally walked into a gay bar. They had just sat when a man walked up to Randy and asked him to dance.

Horrified, he turned to Pronger and whispered, "Help me out of this!" So Pronger grabs the guy, slams him up against the wall and mumbles something menacingly into his face. Once let out of his clutches, the guy apologized and hurried away.

Wow, Randy says, "Thanks, what did you say to him?" Prongs shrugged and replied, "Told him we're on our honeymoon."

Old
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM
FlyersRKings

Quote:
It is tough to comment on Jones' recent health since I have no first-hand knowledge since the opening night rosters were finalized. OKT and Syvret, whether we like them or not, haven't seen much ice time and ultimately it is the opinion of the coaching staff that matters. We can praise or criticize those two players but if the staff doesn't feel comfortable or pleased with OKT and/or Syvret, then that is what determines this/these subsequent move(s).
Well that's a given - but I AM curious as to what constitutes these decisions. True, we haven't seem OKT or Syvret play much, but OKT was the player of the game against the Panthers last week - I haven't seen any defensemen past the first pairing get that honor this year. I could take or leave Syvret, but just going on watching Jones play over the past two years, at least I don't notice him on the ice making stupid plays. You DO notice Jones and Coburn doing that.

Seems odd not to give at least a few more minutes to these guys.

Old
10-28-2009, 02:04 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I do not like Randy Jones.

Old
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Well that's a given - but I AM curious as to what constitutes these decisions. True, we haven't seem OKT or Syvret play much, but OKT was the player of the game against the Panthers last week - I haven't seen any defensemen past the first pairing get that honor this year. I could take or leave Syvret, but just going on watching Jones play over the past two years, at least I don't notice him on the ice making stupid plays. You DO notice Jones and Coburn doing that.

Seems odd not to give at least a few more minutes to these guys.

The addition of Parent is key. I am interested to see how many minutes he plays and how he develops. With the high number of games approaching, the minutes need to be spread. The sixth d-man would then be between OKT and Syvret -- most likely depending on matchups, if Jones is claimed.

Closed Thread