HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09/10 - TV Schedule

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
  #51
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Shouldn't we (as in this entire board population) be watching the game live at the arena?
Our friend RR made that happen for me. Really, no local on this board should have much of an excuse for missing the game with several of our super generous posters offering tickets.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 06:56 PM
  #52
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Our friend RR made that happen for me. Really, no local on this board should have much of an excuse for missing the game with several of our super generous posters offering tickets.
Since I work Saturdays I took a vacation day 4 months ago in preparation.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM
  #53
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Since I work Saturdays I took a vacation day 4 months ago in preparation.
Nice!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
  #54
bodybreak
We're Back!
 
bodybreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
I've seen it mentioned in a couple of places on this board, where thre are NHL games being televised that aren't being included in your Center Ice package... specifically Coyotes away games.

That is crazy.

I have only ever had Center Ice for a couple of months in my life, mind you, but I never had trouble finding any game. I thought it was a given that Center Ice meant you got every game -- sort of like paying to lift blackout restrictions and get feeds from all around the continent.

Another thing I've heard of is Canadian feeds not being picked up?? That is really weird as well. We have no trouble with that on the other side of the border. Imagine if we could only get Canadian feeds with Centre Ice... we wouldn't be left with a whole lot of "extra" games if that were the case... mostly local games for the 5 other Canadian teams that aren't considered our "local" market.

So what gives? Is DirecTV just a jerk, or what?

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
  #55
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,592
vCash: 500
Center Ice doesn't get 100% of the games. I don't know all the individual reasons, but every season there are a few percent of games with no CI and no other national US coverage [e.g. Versus, NBC, NHL Network, etc].

The Canadian feeds are usually there but I don't believe CI gets them in HD. The CBC feed is usually [always?] SD.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
  #56
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
I've seen it mentioned in a couple of places on this board, where thre are NHL games being televised that aren't being included in your Center Ice package... specifically Coyotes away games.
Blackout rules generally apply to Center Ice.

Quote:
I have only ever had Center Ice for a couple of months in my life, mind you, but I never had trouble finding any game. I thought it was a given that Center Ice meant you got every game -- sort of like paying to lift blackout restrictions and get feeds from all around the continent.
I have had Center Ice for about 6 or 7 years. There are a rare exceptions, but if a game is being televised in North America I usually have it.


Quote:
Another thing I've heard of is Canadian feeds not being picked up?? That is really weird as well.
That is really weird. I've never had that problem. In fact, quite often, the pre and post game shows from Canadian feeds are picked up which often includes After Hours.

Quote:
So what gives? Is DirecTV just a jerk, or what?
For the CBJ @ PHX game the Phoenix HD feed was picked up by a local station (AZTV) pretty late in the game. I assume that is why I didn't get it. I still got the SD feed from CBJ. Generally speaking my experience with Center Ice and DirecTV over the years has been fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Center Ice doesn't get 100% of the games. I don't know all the individual reasons, but every season there are a few percent of games with no CI and no other national US coverage [e.g. Versus, NBC, NHL Network, etc].
If a game is not being broadcast on any station then CI does not pick it up. It will pick up games broadcast nationally in Canada, regional sports networks and even local television stations (e.g. AZTV and equivalent stations in other markets) many of which can be quite cheesy and entertaining. There are also blackout rules which state that generally speaking if a game includes a "local" team it "might" be blacked out. The rules for what is a local team and what the exceptions are for when they are not blacked out are more complex than I was willing to sift through and understand at the time I looked into it. Basically, if it is a local team the Center Ice feed is probably blacked out so that you have to watch it on the local channel assuming they are going to carry it. I have seen exceptions, for example I watched the FSAZ feed of a Coyotes vs Sharks game last season where Strader was aware of the exception and welcomed San Jose viewers on Center Ice.


Quote:
The Canadian feeds are usually there but I don't believe CI gets them in HD. The CBC feed is usually [always?] SD.
That is odd. I have not watched a CBC feed on Center Ice yet this season, but I remember many of them being in HD last season.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 03:58 PM
  #57
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
That is odd. I have not watched a CBC feed on Center Ice yet this season, but I remember many of them being in HD last season.
Checking some of the recent Canadian feeds on Directv CI

10/8 - SNET-E, NYI/Ott SD
10/8 - SNET-W, Cal/Edm SD
10/9 - SNET-W, Dal/Cal SD
10/10 - CBC, Mtl/Edm SD
10/11 - SNET-P, Dal/Van SD
10/12 - SNET-E, Pit/Ott SD
10/13 - Leafs-TV Atl/Tor SD
10/14 - TSN Edm/Chi SD

The NHL Network does get HD feeds from CBC when they broadcast games.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 08:38 PM
  #58
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
The NHL Network does get HD feeds from CBC when they broadcast games.
Perhaps that is what I'm thinking of then, since I get the NHL Network too. I also don't usually pay attention to what channel a game is on, since I just search before hand and record most games I watch.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 06:35 PM
  #59
Mayo Taco Monday
Registered User
 
Mayo Taco Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 981
vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
FSN has added 8 additional games to their schedule.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

...sort of...

Mayo Taco Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 06:44 PM
  #60
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
FSN has added 8 additional games to their schedule.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

...sort of...
Not ideal but certainly better than nothing and at least 5 of those 8 are home games!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 08:23 PM
  #61
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Not ideal but certainly better than nothing and at least 5 of those 8 are home games!
I'll take it. The weekend games are huge for me to be on TV because I just can't go to games on weekends. Plus I watch tape delay on DVR a lot anyway.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:04 AM
  #62
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Not ideal but certainly better than nothing and at least 5 of those 8 are home games!
I like that four of the eight are against division rivals. Nothing gets me more angry than a blacked out road game against a division rival.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.