HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price being traded for a star goalie

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2009, 12:58 PM
  #151
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
In EK's most recent blog explaining Price... and keep in mind I still feel he's full of ****... does anyone else get the impression he might be describing Brodeur?

Now I don't expect this to have any truth to it, just having fun trying to figure out what Ek is pretending he knows.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
  #152
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
In EK's most recent blog explaining Price... and keep in mind I still feel he's full of ****... does anyone else get the impression he might be describing Brodeur?

Now I don't expect this to have any truth to it, just having fun trying to figure out what Ek is pretending he knows.
EDIT: He is saying the team is asking for Plekanec too, but the team would have to sweeten the deal.

The only teams I see needing a second line centre as well would be New Jersey, Minnesota, Vancouver and Calgary.

I think you eliminate New Jersey. Brodeur is the face of the franchise and I think he wants to have his career start and end in NJ.

Minnesota? Possibly. Backstrom is a good goalie playing on a bad team, they need secondary scoring as well.

Vancouver? This is the dream by most on these boards if Price were ever in a deal. Like Minnesota the Canucks need secondary scoring and like the Wild they have injury issues too.

Calgary? I don't think the Sutters are happy with Kipper this year, and Sutter wasn't too happy last year either in some games. They have Ollie and Langkow, but neither are "doing it" right now.

I don't like the age returning in three of the goalies as they are 32+ except for Luongo.

The one that makes the most sense to me, not in Montreal view but the other teams view. I see Calgary maybe wanting to make this move because Price has a relationship with Brent Sutter and is a western boy to boot. I see it as a cost saving measure as well as Price re-signing would be cheaper than that of Kippers salary and they need the money to sign Rene Bourque who is a pending UFA.

As for a deal happening?

I see Halak dealt before Price, unless the return for Price is just too hard to say no too.

I would trade Price for a Luongo and Hodgson package, but the others I would pass.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
  #153
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
In EK's most recent blog explaining Price... and keep in mind I still feel he's full of ****... does anyone else get the impression he might be describing Brodeur?

Now I don't expect this to have any truth to it, just having fun trying to figure out what Ek is pretending he knows.
Sounds like either Brodeur or Kipper in Calgary to me..Neither of which I would consider trading Price for at this stage of their careers..Trading a 22 year old goalie for a mid 30's goalie makes no sense for the Habs since there are not contenders...Plus that team wants the Habs #2 centre included also...

Thankfully this is Eklund saying this so we know it is hogwash and complete BS...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
  #154
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Watch it be Theodore lol

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
  #155
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
EDIT: He is saying the team is asking for Plekanec too, but the team would have to sweeten the deal.

The only teams I see needing a second line centre as well would be New Jersey, Minnesota, Vancouver and Calgary.

I think you eliminate New Jersey. Brodeur is the face of the franchise and I think he wants to have his career start and end in NJ.

Minnesota? Possibly. Backstrom is a good goalie playing on a bad team, they need secondary scoring as well.

Vancouver? This is the dream by most on these boards if Price were ever in a deal. Like Minnesota the Canucks need secondary scoring and like the Wild they have injury issues too.

Calgary? I don't think the Sutters are happy with Kipper this year, and Sutter wasn't too happy last year either in some games. They have Ollie and Langkow, but neither are "doing it" right now.

I don't like the age returning in three of the goalies as they are 32+ except for Luongo.

The one that makes the most sense to me, not in Montreal view but the other teams view. I see Calgary maybe wanting to make this move because Price has a relationship with Brent Sutter and is a western boy to boot. I see it as a cost saving measure as well as Price re-signing would be cheaper than that of Kippers salary and they need the money to sign Rene Bourque who is a pending UFA.

As for a deal happening?

I see Halak dealt before Price, unless the return for Price is just too hard to say no too.

I would trade Price for a Luongo and Hodgson package, but the others I would pass.

I really need to refresh threads before I reply as it would save me time in writing my posts since someone always beats me to the punch... I agree on Calgary too but don't see such a deal happening..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:34 PM
  #156
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I really need to refresh threads before I reply as it would save me time in writing my posts since someone always beats me to the punch... I agree on Calgary too but don't see such a deal happening..
If they want Pleks and Price for us to take on a older goalie with a heavy contract they better send Mikael Backlund and a player that can play on the top now too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:34 PM
  #157
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
wow, this is still being discussed? no wonder he keeps spouting random bs every week about the Habs.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
  #158
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
wow, this is still being discussed? no wonder he keeps spouting random bs every week about the Habs.
More news about the Habs = More Hits on his site, period.

HomaridII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
  #159
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
wow, this is still being discussed? no wonder he keeps spouting random bs every week about the Habs.
These type of threads start with or without Eklunds help, this is after all the Habs boards where everything and anything is talked about.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
  #160
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Sounds like either Brodeur or Kipper in Calgary to me..Neither of which I would consider trading Price for at this stage of their careers..Trading a 22 year old goalie for a mid 30's goalie makes no sense for the Habs since there are not contenders...Plus that team wants the Habs #2 centre included also...

Thankfully this is Eklund saying this so we know it is hogwash and complete BS...
Was just watching the second half of Hockey at Noon on Sportsnet, they (Millard and Maclean) were talking to the voice of the Flames and he just said that both Sutters have said that Kipper will not play 70 games this year.

This then gave the question back to the Calgary analysis from Maclean who is playing the other games then???

Not saying there is anything to this and the EK rumour, but either the Flames feel Kipper is over worked and needs to play less or maybe there is a little less confidence in him being that man in Calgary anymore?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
  #161
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,339
vCash: 500
Another BS Eklund rumor. As long as Gainey is GM Price is going nowhere unless he completely screws the pooch in terms of work ethic, attitude and off ice behavior.

From what I have seen and heard CP is transformed this year, he's more focused, taking his job more seriously and stronger mentally. He bounced back well from the Vancouver game(which was as much team breakdowns as him personally) and did not whine when Halak started 5 straight.

As much as his stats are not great(mostly due to the Vcr game) to me he has shown a lot of progression this year due to those things. As much as I like Halak there is no way he will be as good as CP once both are in their prime.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:55 PM
  #162
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Another BS Eklund rumor. As long as Gainey is GM Price is going nowhere unless he completely screws the pooch in terms of work ethic, attitude and off ice behavior.

From what I have seen and heard CP is transformed this year, he's more focused, taking his job more seriously and stronger mentally. He bounced back well from the Vancouver game(which was as much team breakdowns as him personally) and did not whine when Halak started 5 straight.

As much as his stats are not great(mostly due to the Vcr game) to me he has shown a lot of progression this year due to those things. As much as I like Halak there is no way he will be as good as CP once both are in their prime.
What you said x 2!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
  #163
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Another BS Eklund rumor. As long as Gainey is GM Price is going nowhere unless he completely screws the pooch in terms of work ethic, attitude and off ice behavior.

From what I have seen and heard CP is transformed this year, he's more focused, taking his job more seriously and stronger mentally. He bounced back well from the Vancouver game(which was as much team breakdowns as him personally) and did not whine when Halak started 5 straight.

As much as his stats are not great(mostly due to the Vcr game) to me he has shown a lot of progression this year due to those things. As much as I like Halak there is no way he will be as good as CP once both are in their prime.
This reminds me of the time I once ran for President.

What it has to do with CP? Not a clue.

But point is CP is the future, and he isn't going anywhere unless we are getting Ovechkin or Malkin in return.

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
  #164
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,715
vCash: 500
If the Habs take on a HUGE contract ( like Kipper) then a HUGE CHEAP center better be comming back in fact if it is Calgary then about 7 mil better be going to Calgary so that means Price, Pleks, Hammer for Kipper + Backlund +

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
  #165
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,570
vCash: 500
Eklund is working hits, that's about it. Besides, the only goalies in the NHL that could be returned for Price would be Luongo, Fleury or Ward and I don't see either one being moved by their respective clubs. Brodeur is in the twighlight of his career and other younger goalies i.e. Backstrom, Mason, Harding etc. are just as unproven as Price without the pedigree. Let's also not forget to mention that the salaries of the established goalies are all much higher then Prices' and Montreal is already up against the cap and doesn't have any current roster players salary they can shed.

End of the day, again, it will NEVER happen this year, period.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
  #166
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
I don't believe it but if it has to happen, even if they are in our division, I see Buffalo as a trading partner, they would have use for Plekanec and Miller is pretty good goalie.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
  #167
couz
Registered User
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Calgary coach is Sutter...the same guy wo cut Price from the WJ team because of work ethic.

couz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
  #168
MtlSportsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St-Lazare
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
As much as I think this is all BS....something in me is hoping that there is a ring of truth to it.

I used to have great anticipation waiting for Carey Price to grow into the next great goalie. Maybe the expectations have been too high but...something isn't right and it's not just one thing, it's many.

Starts with the Canadian Juniors and Price being cut because he doesn't work out on gamedays. If your trying to make the Canadian Junior team and coach Sutter tells you to practice, you practice. You don't say "Sorry coach, not what I do". Takes a special attitude (re:bad) to do that.

Then there is the stupid little thing he did to a Boston fan who was heckling him (some of you might remember), just grow up.

Then he has a horrible streak and starts glaring at his defencemen, giving it back to the fans etc...

How about when he showed up for preseason interviews with a Nats cap on...don't tell me that wasn't an FU to the people of Montreal. Now add little rumours of his attitude, pics from last years partying, Ek hinting he doesn't really like Montreal. I just have zero confidence when he is in net....zero. Every shot I cringe.

That easy going attitude he displayed when he first came up now looks like he just doesn't care.

Just my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, but he won't ever be more than a decent NHL goalie, think Jocelyn Thibault or Marty Biron. Fighting every year to be a starter, never being a bone fide go to guy for more than a year, and with attitude to boot.

Hope we can trade him as long as the return is decent.

MtlSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
  #169
Lyncos
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
ESPN Link reporting the same thing

Hi, I think you might be interested in what I've found... I usually don't trust Eklund but I think Espn is a more trustable source...

Look at this link...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/featu...%2frumors#1618


If someone is subscriber in ESPN I would like to know what is the rest of the article.



Thanks


Last edited by Lyncos: 10-29-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Lyncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
  #170
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyncos View Post
Hi, I think you might be interested in what I've found... I usually don't trust Eklund but Espn is a more trustable source...

Look at this link...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/featu...%2frumors#1618


If someone is subscriber in ESPN I would like to know what is the rest of the article.



Thanks
That's the fake trade sending him to Chicago..

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
  #171
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyncos View Post
Hi, I think you might be interested in what I've found... I usually don't trust Eklund but Espn is a more trustable source...

Look at this link...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/featu...%2frumors#1618


If someone is subscriber in ESPN I would like to know what is the rest of the article.



Thanks
That's where your wrong. LOL

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
  #172
Lyncos
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
That's the fake trade sending him to Chicago..

But it was updated today.. I would think ESPN is not getting information from Eric Salvail ..... or they are totally not professionals

Why they would have updated this rumor today...

Lyncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:41 PM
  #173
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Rumours are always going to be unreliable predictors of trades no matter who reports them. Most people don't seem to grasp that simple fact. They are reports of ongoing discussions, even passing ideas, nothing more, which turn into actual trades one time out of twenty. It would be surprising to even get 1 in 20 trades right. There must be tons of offers made over the course of the year that never materialize. I'm not trying to defend Eklund, whom I don't really know, but it just seems like people rate the value of rumours strictly in terms of whether it turns into a trade. A rumour might be very reliable (a factually true report of a discussion), yet not turn into a trade, while an unreliable rumour (made-up) could turn into an actual trade simply because someone pieced together a bunch of probable elements (free agency coming up, a GM letting on he's pushing a certain player, looking at a team's needs, etc). The only way to determine the value of a rumour is to verify it at the source, from the people actually involved in the discussions, or by having these same people attest that a certain individual (say Eklund) is telling the truth more often than not. That's it. I suppose there are other ways of gaining credibility, like reporting an improbable trade no one has thought about and that would be nearly impossible to guess. Not sure if Eklund has done that, but that would be a sign that his sources are far reaching, but going on the percentage of correctly reported trades is not the best way to evaluate the veracity of the rumour. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if GMs used Eklund to float trial balloons and get offers going.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:47 PM
  #174
hellojp
Registered User
 
hellojp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
We should just have 1 guy who we send on missions to get the updates from Ek's site and have everyone else read the updates in this thread so Ek doesn't get the hits he's looking for.

+ 1

We should only quote and not provide a link. Why bother giving him anymore press time.

Oh I heard it was going to be Hasek coming out of retirement and that Price was going to work for the mob under the table.

hellojp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
  #175
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
wow, this is still being discussed? no wonder he keeps spouting random bs every week about the Habs.
Agreed, plus he's what, 95% wrong and 4% of them he gets right someone else had already broke ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.