HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/lak

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
mrinsane

vCash: 500
Mtl/lak

To Montreal: Dustin Brown, Jonathan Bernier and Colten Teubert

VS

To LA Kings: Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Carey Price, Greg Stewart and Montreal 1rst pick 2010

Habs need a legit top six winger and Brown can take the K's place. Bernier is a good goalie who will probably have a nice career in the NHL and I think he can be a solid starter at Hamilton for the next two years. Colten Teubert is a solid d-man and in a couple years could be a decent top pairing.

LA Kings: Kopitar need winger with some talent and I'm pretty sure the K bros can be different at LA with no pressure something like AK46 - Kopitar - SK74 can be dangerous for couple year. Price needs to go out of Montreal. Greg Stewart is a 3rd liner who can bring offense and grit.

I think its a good trade for both many questionable people involved,

Old
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
LA doesn't need a goalie

Dustin Brown is pretty close to untouchable.

The Kings aren't trading Bernier

The Kings don't need a winger for Kopitar. Smyth and Simmonds are filling that role just fine.

The Kings don't want the Kostitsyns.

Tell the Sundance Kid that I said Hello.

Old
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Kingjordan

These offers are getting worse and worse...

Not in a million years do Kings do this....

So who out of those players are better than Ryan Smyth and Justin Williams??

So since Kopi is leading the NHL in scoring why would you think he needs better line mates?

Old
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Brodeur

That big a trade is probably going to be a rareity in today's NHL. Just from a Kings' perspective:

- Dustin Brown in their captain and signed for a comfortable amount until 2014. Teams don't usually trade their captains especially when the Kings are off to a pretty decent start.

- The Kings just signed Jonathan Quick to a 3 year extension......last week. They're quite content with Bernier getting at least another year of AHL seasoning. While I consider Price an upgrade over both, I don't think the Kings are exactly looking to trade for another #1 goaltender.

- "Kopitar needs a winger with some talent." That's what they got Ryan Smyth and Justin Williams for. Last I checked, Kopitar was doing quite okay so far this year.

Old
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Shellz

Well, no.

Old
10-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Lososaurus

All I want for Christmas is for the Habs to finish 9th in the East for the rest of their existence.

For my birthday, I'd wish for Habs fans to stop making proposals w/ the Kings.

Old
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchCassidy View Post
To Montreal: Dustin Brown, Jonathan Bernier and Colten Teubert

VS

To LA Kings: Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Carey Price, Greg Stewart and Montreal 1rst pick 2010

Habs need a legit top six winger and Brown can take the K's place. Bernier is a good goalie who will probably have a nice career in the NHL and I think he can be a solid starter at Hamilton for the next two years. Colten Teubert is a solid d-man and in a couple years could be a decent top pairing.

LA Kings: Kopitar need winger with some talent and I'm pretty sure the K bros can be different at LA with no pressure something like AK46 - Kopitar - SK74 can be dangerous for couple year. Price needs to go out of Montreal. Greg Stewart is a 3rd liner who can bring offense and grit.

I think its a good trade for both many questionable people involved,

Guys like Dustin Brown are hard to find. They don't get dealt until they've been injured and the org. thinks they're done. It would be stupid to trade them because, hey, maybe some guys with question marks could turn things around.

I don't blame you for wanting Brown on your team, while he isn't great, he is the type that winning teams need. You don't give them up, esp. for potential, and further, not when you've signed a goialie long term, and even further, not when your years of watching crappy teams appear to be ending.

If you're a Kings fan, you want the guys in place to gel together.

Lastly, in what league does Gregory Stewart provide offense from a 3rd line ?

Old
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
MxK1NGS

ROFL

Old
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lososaurus View Post
All I want for Christmas is for the Habs to finish 9th in the East for the rest of their existence.

LOL. Still bitter about '93?

Old
10-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Lososaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
LOL. Still bitter about '93?
Very. Bunch of shiesty stick measuring cheaters. That is another discussion for another time though.

Old
10-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

big fat NO. Quick is a very capable #1. Bernier could be better than Quick. Price needs to get his $@^t together. Brown isn't going anywhere.

Welcome to HFBoards!

Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 10-29-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old
10-29-2009, 08:49 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Great first post.

Old
10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
WeezyHabFan

First off ridiculous proposal, just awful. The Kings would never do this...but honestly Teubert top pairing? Take if from someone whos seen him play alot for the Pats, he wont be...bottom pairing at best(No offense to the King fans just my opinion)

Old
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Very. Bunch of shiesty stick measuring cheaters. That is another discussion for another time though.
Yeah McSorley playing with illegal equipment and being caught is such a travesty. How dare Demers try and make it a fair game. But of course Demers is the cheater and not McSorley. Being the penalty that lead to the resulting goal in OT of Game 7 really changed history, right? Such cheaters...

The Kings were beat by a superior team in 5 games. If you want to keep blaming a coaches option that is clearly stated in the rulebook then go ahead. If you somehow think Kelly Hrudey would beat Patrick Roy in a 7 game series you must be taking some pretty strong drugs. Keep crying though, see where it gets you.

Old
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
dick341

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
First off ridiculous proposal, just awful. The Kings would never do this...but honestly Teubert top pairing? Take if from someone whos seen him play alot for the Pats, he wont be...bottom pairing at best(No offense to the King fans just my opinion)
Is he really doing that badly?

Old
10-29-2009, 09:50 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

this looks like a video game trade

Old
10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Yeah McSorley playing with illegal equipment and being caught is such a travesty. How dare Demers try and make it a fair game. But of course Demers is the cheater and not McSorley. Being the penalty that lead to the resulting goal in OT of Game 7 really changed history, right? Such cheaters...

The Kings were beat by a superior team in 5 games. If you want to keep blaming a coaches option that is clearly stated in the rulebook then go ahead. If you somehow think Kelly Hrudey would beat Patrick Roy in a 7 game series you must be taking some pretty strong drugs. Keep crying though, see where it gets you.
If I have to listen to TOR fans ***** about the no call on Gretzky's hi stick then how about that non call on Leclair being in the crease on game 2 tying goal?

Old
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
this looks like a video game trade
like 90% of the trade proposal in this section

Old
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Are you still bitter from 1993 ? Because if you are, you should really get over it. It's been like 16 years !

Old
10-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Ok.. This didn't go very well..

Closed..

Closed Thread