HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Back to Basics: Hurricanes v. Blues

Old
10-29-2009, 06:42 AM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

vCash: 500

Wow

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post

Wow

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post

Wow
Scott Walker is PLEASED!

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

I think we have our new avatar theme guys. Everyone gets to claim an individual player, and their avatar will feature Scott Walker abusing that player in some fashion.

10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
I think we have our new avatar theme guys. Everyone gets to claim an individual player, and their avatar will feature Scott Walker abusing that player in some fashion.

Excellent.

Count me in for Staal if this gets underway.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Just take the sucker punch pic and photoshop Wards head with a Cane....instant success

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
caniac247

We suck

Gleason needs to come back soon cause Wallin is freakin killing me. Dude belongs nowhere in the top 4. And WTH is wrong with A.Ward. I was not expecting this crap from him. Joni had his worst game. I sure hope the bad play of his mates has not rubbed off on him cause besides Cam he's been one bright spot.

I'm not much of one that believes in ripping the 'C' from someone. But at this point, take it. I haven't seen much of a leadership from Brind'Amour since 2006. I think he got his cup, he's happy, there's no more motivation for him to grind it out and get dirty like there was. His determination is non-existant. The guys on the team respect him too much to walk on his shoes and take over. I know, flame away.

I will say the biggest thing I've noticed is our hesitation. We stand there with the puck on our stick thinking, should I shoot or should I pass. Then by the time their decision is made, the other team has gotten in position to break the pass and/or shooting lane and bab there they go the other way.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

ok get ready to flame away.......
if we are looking at all the route of brindy either retiring or getting traded, and the fact that staal in no way really had shown much in the way of captain-ly qualities recently, im officially putting in my vote for ruutu for captain. He loves it here. We love him. He works hard EVERY night no matter what. Sometimes too hard, hence why he is out now lol. He always has a positive attitude. Always is pushing and trying harder. He has the heart the rest of this team lacks right now.

so there you go......ruutu for C?

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

Ruutu for captain? Stop with this goddamnit jokes.

The problem is... we don't have player who is true leader. Brindy was leader, was great player... but we don't have other like him. Staal is not leader in my opinion. I don't know for "C" but i will be happy if Gleason gets "A".

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
caniac247

I don't know if Staal is the guy to take the 'C' yet, but what I do know is that when he misses a practice, its well known. A couple of us have noticed that practices are way different when Staal isn't out there. And different not in a good way. Seems when he is out there the team has more jump, when he's not, they just go through the motions. I don't know, just a thought.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Gleason should wear the C in my opinion

Old
10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
WalkerBabe

I actually think, when all is said and done, that Staal will be a good captain ... let's face it, the guy has been in a very awkward situation the last few years. Undoubtedly, he WILL have the "C" when Brindy retires (which I think should be soon.) I love Ruutu, but not as captain. Staal is slumping a bit right now, but IMHO, he hardly has anyone to play WITH. Not like the Pens or Caps, where you've got a group of "supers" that elevate each other!

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:11 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerBabe View Post
I actually think, when all is said and done, that Staal will be a good captain ... let's face it, the guy has been in a very awkward situation the last few years. Undoubtedly, he WILL have the "C" when Brindy retires (which I think should be soon.)
Unless he's retiring today it isn't going to be soon enough.

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Caniac4ever
Gleason 4 Norris

vCash: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMF View Post
Unless he's retiring today it isn't going to be soon enough.
I think our hopes of him retiring anytime soon are just wishes... In his post game interview last night he was asked how he liked playing on the wing. He responded that he really enjoyed it because it gave him more minutes on the ice. For some reason he thought that was a good thing...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

We have quite a few more useless players then Brind A'Mour....sure he may not be helping a ton but he still produces. I can't believe the hate on Rod in here. Wallin, Cole, Ward, Samsonov need to go first.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Caniac4ever
Gleason 4 Norris

vCash: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave View Post
We have quite a few more useless players then Brind A'Mour....sure he may not be helping a ton but he still produces. I can't believe the hate on Rod in here. Wallin, Cole, Ward, Samsonov need to go first.

I have nothing but love for Brindy... And I agree that there are much worse players on this team than him. I just don't think he is leading this group like we need it to be. In my opinion after having lost this many games in a row a leader would step up and get on the guys and maybe he has. I was just not impressed when he said that last night we played a pretty good game. To me that showed a real lack of leadership. You don't play 7 pretty good games and loose them all...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
id like to go into one of my long winded diatribes about whats wrong, but it would be too repetitive - im losing interest in even watching these guys. its not the losing, its the same old vets going through the motions playing boring hockey and looking bored doing it.
Agreed 100%. It is so frustrating to watch vets like Brindy, Whitney, Staal, etc suck and look like they don't even care.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
WalkerBabe

Quote:
I definitely don't hate Roddy ... I have great respect for him. I do think that his best playing years are past, and that it will be a good thing for the whole team, mentally, when Staal is settled in as Captain. He did a great job leading the team when Roddy went down with the big injury, IMO.

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

Quote:
Part of the problem as I see it is we have a bunch of guys that fit into this category. Individually, they are "okay" and have reasons we'd like to keep them for and others we'd wish they'd find their way off the team somehow for. Every team has one or two of them. The problem is that is most of our team, and the best fix would be if we could get rid of most of them. Instead of doing that and moving on, JR has kept these players much longer than he should ever have considered signing them for and painted us into this corner where there's not much choice in what can be done.

Many of these players are either almost ready for retirement, or close to it. Wallin almost certainly won't be back when his contract is up. Roddy was given a longer contract than any player his age should have received. A Ward is in his twilight. Samsonov and Cole were given longer contracts than they should have been, and instead should have got shorter contracts where they could prove that they could still play at their level and earn it. Whitney's contract will be up, and he could either keep trying to play (hopefully with one year contracts), or end up calling it quits without having to risk suffering through a final horrible year like so many others have.

We could go on and on about these kinds of contracts and situations, but the bottom line is the Canes have way too many of them. It's a disaster waiting to happen that could be seen with the way the roster has been handled since the Cup win.

Individually, it's hard to actually hate many of these players. By themselves they aren't always going to hurt a team, and can actually provide a veteran leadership that is important to a young team. Collectively, though, they are a huge liability.

For this team to have a chance to succeed, some very difficult decisions are necessary. Not just one or two, but a bunch of them.

Mr Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
I have nothing but love for Brindy... And I agree that there are much worse players on this team than him. I just don't think he is leading this group like we need it to be. In my opinion after having lost this many games in a row a leader would step up and get on the guys and maybe he has. I was just not impressed when he said that last night we played a pretty good game. To me that showed a real lack of leadership. You don't play 7 pretty good games and loose them all...
I agree.

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Wallin is forking terrible...