HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings 10/29/09

Old
10-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Tleve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
Canucks fans over at their board are trying to say that the game was evenly played and that they deserved the two points.
Funny - I didn't notice that on our board at all. I noticed the Canucks fans wondering how the hell we came out with 2 points, and saying we got lucky, and how raycroft stole it for us. It's pretty obvious we were majorly outplayed, except for in goal. I don't think you can blame the Canucks for trapping tonight - half our freaking team is on the IR.

Tleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 01:57 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
Shootouts suck!

Shootouts were created for sissies that don't want to get hit... BAN IT...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleve View Post
Funny - I didn't notice that on our board at all. I noticed the Canucks fans wondering how the hell we came out with 2 points, and saying we got lucky, and how raycroft stole it for us. It's pretty obvious we were majorly outplayed, except for in goal. I don't think you can blame the Canucks for trapping tonight - half our freaking team is on the IR.
You should go read the thread again...you might not have seen the last few posts.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Shellz

Aww. I am watching Final Score and they show the Kings game and at the end of the shootout you see Jon punch the glass. He really did a good job. I hope he doesn't beat himself up too bad. It's not his fault our players can't shoot.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:05 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Raycroft and not being able to get through the trap killed us tonight. Controlled most of the game, but Raycroft's glove was really quick in the 1st and he had position for every shot. I don't know why Scuds jumped around the front of the net instead of going straight at Burrows on the Canuck goal.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:12 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Aww. I am watching Final Score and they show the Kings game and at the end of the shootout you see Jon punch the glass. He really did a good job. I hope he doesn't beat himself up too bad. It's not his fault our players can't shoot.
It's two nights in a row for the guy to have it all riding on his back and he's pretty competitive.

I'd rather him be angry about losing than do the old shrug and say there will be other games routine like past goalies of ours.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Quattro

Kings played well for the 2nd straight night but just couldn't convert their many chances. Shootouts are a crapshoot. Raycroft, like Nabakov, stole a win for his team. Take another point and move on...

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
It's two nights in a row for the guy to have it all riding on his back and he's pretty competitive.

I'd rather him be angry about losing than do the old shrug and say there will be other games routine like past goalies of ours.
Oh, I completely agree. Jon is emotional goalie and I like seeing that even when he gives up just a goal and he can just shrug it off. Just hate seeing on of our better players tonight getting mad at himself for something he couldn't control, but that's a team player for you. He will get his win again soon enough.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:36 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Canucks fan here and I have no idea how we got 2 points out of that game. That was a classic rope-a-dope if I've ever seen one. Unfortunately with 8 regulars out of our lineup, including our top winger and goalie, the Canucks basically played for the tie and won the coin flip know as the shoot-out.

L.A. dominated the 1st and 3rd while I thought the Canucks were the slightly better team in the second.

Hopefully next time the two teams play the Canucks will have a healthier lineup and they can play a style more indicative of entertaining hockey. At this point they're just trying to survive.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Oh, I completely agree. Jon is emotional goalie and I like seeing that even when he gives up just a goal and he can just shrug it off. Just hate seeing on of our better players tonight getting mad at himself for something he couldn't control, but that's a team player for you. He will get his win again soon enough.
Oh I'm sure the other players rallied to him and tried to cheer him up.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Oh I'm sure the other players rallied to him and tried to cheer him up.
Oh, they better have!
I just have a soft spot for goaltenders.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:43 AM
markisonfire

Smyth didn't want to score on his old buddy Raycroft. They were having too much fun out there, all smiles no grit.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:47 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

What the hell did I just attend?

http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/29/ca...t-of-the-game/

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:50 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
wow, are you being serious? What exactly did you want him to do? He got beaten by a snap shot into the corner which would beat most goalies so you can't blame him for that. On the final move he did exactly what he was meant to do, you would notice that raycroft does the same thing on his first shot as quick does on the 3rd, because it is what he is meant to do, it's just zeus failed to put it in the net
That's freakin hilarious man. You're funny. Anyways, sarcasm buddy look into it. You people take things way to serious. Funny as Hell!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:52 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Salo did actually play tonight. Not sure if that was your article but I thought I'd let you know.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:52 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

I really didn't think Raycroft played that well.

Sure the Kings had a ton of shots, but they weren't of the quality to which we have become accustomed.

They were not many, if any saves, Raycroft made that made me think "Oh man, we should have had that one"

The "rope-a-dope" (thanks for that mrmyheadhurts ) took the Kings off their game. Too much dump and chase. No real cycle. Kings were out-scared by a scared team.

This was all the Kings not clicking because of a team playing a very different and foreign game (appropriate for Canada night?), and not Raycroft playing a significantly great game.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:53 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Salo did actually play tonight. Not sure if that was your article but I thought I'd let you know.
Ah, thanks for that, I will fix it. Hard to tell from the cheap seats and when you miss the announcements because of a crappy will-call line! (and when the Stella Artois is more exciting than the game)

Old
10-30-2009, 02:54 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleve View Post
i don't blame them for it at all. they had a plan, stuck to it, and were rewarded. ultimately, i don't think the kings were patient enough out there. they had chances, of course, and dominated the shot column, but i think they tried to force the play through the neutral zone too often. that, and raycroft played quite well.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:55 AM
William H Bonney

I have realized why we're not scoring goals in the last two games....

Zad has been M.I.A. from each GDT. Absolutely unacceptable.

Zad.....

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:55 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Ah, thanks for that, I will fix it. Hard to tell from the cheap seats and when you miss the announcements because of a crappy will-call line!
No worries, it was a game time decision and he actually came back about a week ahead of schedule so it was an easy miss.

Have a good year guys.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:56 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
i don't blame them for it at all. they had a plan, stuck to it, and were rewarded. ultimately, i don't think the kings were patient enough out there. they had chances, of course, and dominated the shot column, but i think they tried to force the play through the neutral zone too often. that, and raycroft played quite well.
Exactly why I miss Williams.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:59 AM
RewBicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Vancouver was a bunch of vaginas in skates tonight. They don't deserve to win if you are going to play not to lose.
You did see their line-up tonight, right? I don't see how you can blame them for maximizing their chances of success with a SEVERELY depleted line-up and playing their back-up goaltender. Fact is the Kings couldn't put them away despite missing all those players.

RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 03:00 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post

Zad.....
Hey, he's got a website to contribute to!

Though that hasn't been stopping me much. I guess not having a kid and wife makes that easier.

Old
10-30-2009, 03:01 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post

Zad.....

I agree. Zad is to blame for all of this.

Old
10-30-2009, 03:03 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
No worries, it was a game time decision and he actually came back about a week ahead of schedule so it was an easy miss.

Have a good year guys.
Thanks!

You guys too... to a degree...

I actually put a few bucks down in Vegas on the Canucks to win the Cup. Sucker's bet (though not a sucker-y as the money I put on the Kings), but I do like your team this year. Samuelsson was one hell of a pick up, but like I said to those around me at the game, I suspect it was more because the Sedin's new contract had a clause that required the Canucks to acquire a player uglier than they!