HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/28/09 Montreal @ Pittsburgh 730PM RDS/FS-P habs lose a big one

Old
10-30-2009, 02:53 AM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
If you are going to say the drating and scouting of the habs is poor and it seems AKost is the benchmark here than we really should revisit that draft specifically. AKost is picked 10th overall and on ppg basis he is 11th over all today, guess they got it right after all.(not including dmen)

Point is only 4 guys in that draft year that were picked after AKost are better point production wise.
What kind of useless stat is this ..(Exlucding defenseman!) LOL ...defenseman are more important than forwards so your stat is very useless.

The first 9 picks, I would DEFINETLY take before Kost ..and tehre is AT LEAST 12 guys that I would take before him that were drafted after ..

so that makes him like what 23rd overall ?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 05:17 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
What kind of useless stat is this ..(Exlucding defenseman!) LOL ...defenseman are more important than forwards so your stat is very useless.

The first 9 picks, I would DEFINETLY take before Kost ..and tehre is AT LEAST 12 guys that I would take before him that were drafted after ..

so that makes him like what 23rd overall ?
Well, I'd keep A.K. over Zherdev... so what now, back to 22nd or back to 9th ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 09:44 AM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
[QUOTE=Traitor8;21866228]What kind of useless stat is this ..(Exlucding defenseman!) LOL ...defenseman are more important than forwards so your stat is very useless.

so that makes him like what 23rd overall ?[/QUOTE

so you are gonna put guys on your team that are less effective than AKost? Are you serious, there are only 4 guys that are more proficient than him from that entire draft and that is from the deepest draft in 20 years according to you. So out of the twelve guys you would rather have taken 8 of them are worse than AKost which means you have no idea what you are talking about. BTW I took out the defenceman in the top ten because I was comparing Apples to Apples. Further, when debating anything it is bad etiquette to insinuate your opinion is more valid than mine.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Traitor8

[QUOTE=habfan1968;21867553]
Quote:

so that makes him like what 23rd overall ?[/QUOTE
Quote:

so you are gonna put guys on your team that are less effective than AKost? Are you serious, there are only 4 guys that are more proficient than him from that entire draft and that is from the deepest draft in 20 years according to you. So out of the twelve guys you would rather have taken 8 of them are worse than AKost which means you have no idea what you are talking about. BTW I took out the defenceman in the top ten because I was comparing Apples to Apples. Further, when debating anything it is bad etiquette to insinuate your opinion is more valid than mine.

I don't understand why you are just allowed to take off defenseman. You would have a valid point if Montreal only wanted to draft a forward and nobody else. I hope for you and me, and all Montreal Fans, that this wasn't the case and they drafted the BPA. Either way, if they were drafting for need, they would of drafted a centerman.

The following players are BETTER than Kostitsyn in the same draft year:

1- Fleury
2- Staal
3- Horton
4- Zherdev (arguable..i'll give you that)
5- Vanek
6- Michalek
7- Suter
8- Coburn
9- Phaneuf
11- Carter
13 - Brown
14- Seabrook
16- Bernier
17- Parise
19- Getzlaf
20- Burns
23- Kesler
24- Richards
28- Perry
33- Eriksson
45- Bergeron
47- Carle (arguable)
49- Weber

That's just the first two rounds...

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
BeastScottThornton*

Quote:
Regardless of etiquette, if you would really take Akost 5th in redo then he has every right to insinuate his opinion is more valid than yours. Sorry.

BeastScottThornton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

i think maxpac is starting to gel, and i'm loving pleks intensity this year
akost is hesitant and trying to do too much
metropolit was just an excellent pickup, makes all around him better
don't think this team is as bad as the score, can't make dumb mistakes or take bad penalties against pittsburgh

also, the goalies are fine, and had nothing to do with the loss

Last edited by hackeyisneat: 10-30-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: goal
hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastScottThornton View Post
Regardless of etiquette, if you would really take Akost 5th in redo then he has every right to insinuate his opinion is more valid than yours. Sorry.
Are you his mother or something? Or his girlfriend, you feel you need to defend him? Akost 5th? no chance and no one here has suggested he should have been picked higher than 10th. The subject at hand is the drafting Timmins has done which for the most part has been very good. Your opinion is no more valid than mine, they are just opinion unless you can show by using stats that your opinion is better which so far niether of you have done.

Old
10-30-2009, 01:03 PM
habfan1968

[QUOTE=Traitor8;21868501]
Quote:
[B][I]

I don't understand why you are just allowed to take off defenseman. You would have a valid point if Montreal only wanted to draft a forward and nobody else. I hope for you and me, and all Montreal Fans, that this wasn't the case and they drafted the BPA. Either way, if they were drafting for need, they would of drafted a centerman.

The following players are BETTER than Kostitsyn in the same draft year:

1- Fleury
2- Staal
3- Horton
4- Zherdev (arguable..i'll give you that)
5- Vanek
6- Michalek
7- Suter
8- Coburn
9- Phaneuf
11- Carter
13 - Brown
14- Seabrook
16- Bernier
17- Parise
19- Getzlaf
20- Burns
23- Kesler
24- Richards
28- Perry
33- Eriksson
45- Bergeron
47- Carle (arguable)
49- Weber

That's just the first two rounds...
again you are basing who is better on your opinion only, stats don't back these players up, further listing a player ahead of AKost and the "giving him to us"jsut shows again that you really are not sure of the things you are saying, pick a point and stick to it.