HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

O'Reilly sent to MIL, recall Olvecky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2009, 01:34 PM
  #1
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
O'Reilly sent to MIL, recall Olvecky

Quote:
The Preds have reassigned Cal O’Reilly to Milwaukee and are planning to recall a wing – probably Peter Olvecky, Triston Grant or Andreas Thuresson – for Saturday’s game against Dallas. Preds coach Barry Trotz says with Martin Erat out, he’s more in need of wings than centers.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...make-a-recall/

I'm pretty sure O'Reilly doesn't have to clear waivers on the way down this time and will not have to clear recall waivers later either.

Cal wasn't going to flourish on the fourth line and will be better served in Milwaukee at this point in time. Olvecky and Thuresson have gotten off to good starts this year and I'd personally like to see Thuresson get an opportunity...


Last edited by Seth Lake: 10-31-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Updated title...
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
  #2
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Recall to happen after Admirals game tonight vs. Rockford (CHI)...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
  #3
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
I hope it's AT. I've always liked that guy.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
  #4
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I hope it's AT. I've always liked that guy.
Agreed, I thought that he should have been the recall earlier this season. He can provide that aggressive forechecking presence that we've been missing...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 08:21 PM
  #5
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
So now we win 2 and someone still gets the boot. This must drive these kids nuts. Not being givin the chance to prove anything and then getting sent down. I would have sat goc for missing his 5th? breakaway this season, and let cal play his spot.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
  #6
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
So now we win 2 and someone still gets the boot. This must drive these kids nuts. Not being givin the chance to prove anything and then getting sent down. I would have sat goc for missing his 5th? breakaway this season, and let cal play his spot.
O'Reilly's reassignment has a greater rationale behind it than his being invisible on the ice (which he was). If he's on the NHL roster for 30 days or plays 10 games, he has to clear waivers again. He has been on the roster for 15 days (if today counts), and has played six games. Since those numbers are cumulative, we now have 15 days or four games left before O'Reilly has to clear waivers again. If he isn't standing out with us, we need to send him down before we risk losing him to waivers mid-season.

Oh, that's right, our coaching staff is a bunch of baboons and must be bashed at every single opportunity. Silly me.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 09:49 PM
  #7
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
which is 4 games or 15 days away, what rush are you trying to emphasize here? I'm not sure how your think this logic works. What chance did he have to not be invisible? Other than in games where the whole team was "invisible" other than the D who just obviously crap.

And thats right we should praise a coaching staff that doesn't address the actual problems when we have them, and then changes things up when we don't have them.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 09:58 PM
  #8
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
But you know what, I agree with you now...we should not worry about sully, leggy, erat, goc (breakaway failer galore). And we should send down O'Reily, watch him do well in the A again, and hope Smithson will bail us out of games for the rest of the year.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 10:25 PM
  #9
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
which is 4 games or 15 days away, what rush are you trying to emphasize here? I'm not sure how your think this logic works. What chance did he have to not be invisible? Other than in games where the whole team was "invisible" other than the D who just obviously crap.
He played on a line with Dumont and Ward against Ottawa, which was for all intents and purposes our top line that night, and was the only player to not register a point. He played 18 minutes against Boston and did nothing to stand out. He averaged more power play time than Legwand and more total ice time per game than Goc or Smithson and didn't do anything to impress. In his six games here, he played center - and wing as well, if I'm not mistaken - on lines with veteran players, and he did nothing to stand out. That is the chance he had to "not be invisible," and he didn't take it.

And, God forbid we have more injuries later in the season, sending O'Reilly down now allows us to recall him later for a brief stint if we need him and then send him back with no risk of losing him to waivers. It's a move that allows us roster flexibility over the course of a long season, something that, if the start of the year has been any indicator, we're going to need.

Quote:
And thats right we should praise a coaching staff that doesn't address the actual problems when we have them, and then changes things up when we don't have them.
So just because we beat Minnesota, Trotz shouldn't have benched Erat? Just because we're winning, that means we're playing well and the coaches shouldn't be doing anything to change the way the team plays? Just because we're losing means we're playing terribly and the coaches need to completely alter the makeup of the team?

I have been as frustrated with our play so far this season as the next guy, but the coaching staff can only be held responsible to a certain extent. If a change behind the bench is what is needed to motivate the team, then I'm all for it, but blaming the coaching staff or Poile for everything that goes wrong and having no accountability on the players to show up, execute, and create offense for themselves is frankly asinine.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
  #10
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
So now we win 2 and someone still gets the boot. This must drive these kids nuts. Not being givin the chance to prove anything and then getting sent down. I would have sat goc for missing his 5th? breakaway this season, and let cal play his spot.
Worst has argued this well, however I just want to reiterate my point from the initial post. O'Reilly is not a fourth line player. Playing him there would be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Sitting Goc to play O'Reilly in his spot would be exactly that.

With Erat injured, the team desperately needs a gritty, two-way winger. O'Reilly is not that by any stretch of the imagination. He can be sent to Milwaukee right now to keep him playing without clearing waivers and I have a hard time believing that would be the wrong move for his development rather than simply having him scratched nightly here until the day where he would have to clear waivers again and therefore trap him in that 13th forward role sitting in the press box or risking losing him on waivers.

Thuresson, Grant, and Olvecky all fit the current need. They will play when recalled and they should contribute immediately to the on-ice product.

This is a case of good asset management...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 11:52 PM
  #11
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Thuresson was the third star of the game for the Admirals tonight (Dietrich and Dekanich were the first two stars respectively) as the Ads beat Rockford 2-1.

Thuresson scored the game-winning goal assisted by Dietrich and O'Reilly with 4:59 remaining in the second period. Andreas finished with a +1 rating and five shots on goal.

Again, I think he should get the plane ticket to Nashville...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 12:11 AM
  #12
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Admirals Short Shifts is reporting:
Quote:
UPDATE 11:55pm: We have a source that indicates Peter Olvecky will get the call.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/b...commentmessage

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 12:56 AM
  #13
AdmiralsShortShifts
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Thuresson was the third star of the game for the Admirals tonight (Dietrich and Dekanich were the first two stars respectively) as the Ads beat Rockford 2-1.

Thuresson scored the game-winning goal assisted by Dietrich and O'Reilly with 4:59 remaining in the second period. Andreas finished with a +1 rating and five shots on goal.

Again, I think he should get the plane ticket to Nashville...
We voted Thuresson #1 star. He had a great overall game. The goal was a bit of a gift, as Crawford misplayed a puck behind the net, but Thuresson made good on the opportunity.

I was expecting it to be him called up, but perhaps Trotz wanted a little more experience?

AdmiralsShortShifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:12 AM
  #14
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Worst has argued this well, however I just want to reiterate my point from the initial post. O'Reilly is not a fourth line player. Playing him there would be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Sitting Goc to play O'Reilly in his spot would be exactly that.

With Erat injured, the team desperately needs a gritty, two-way winger. O'Reilly is not that by any stretch of the imagination. He can be sent to Milwaukee right now to keep him playing without clearing waivers and I have a hard time believing that would be the wrong move for his development rather than simply having him scratched nightly here until the day where he would have to clear waivers again and therefore trap him in that 13th forward role sitting in the press box or risking losing him on waivers.

Thuresson, Grant, and Olvecky all fit the current need. They will play when recalled and they should contribute immediately to the on-ice product.

This is a case of good asset management...
I couldn't agree more. The O'Reilly on the fourth line idea is what we tried with Peverly when the top 6 was filled but we didn't want to send him back down.....He was absolutely terrible on the third and fourth lines.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
  #15
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He played on a line with Dumont and Ward against Ottawa, which was for all intents and purposes our top line that night, and was the only player to not register a point
.

lol, how many forwards actually got points in that game? But please call out O'Reilly and say he was invisible.

Quote:
He played 18 minutes against Boston and did nothing to stand out. He averaged more power play time than Legwand and more total ice time per game than Goc or Smithson and didn't do anything to impress. In his six games here, he played center - and wing as well, if I'm not mistaken - on lines with veteran players, and he did nothing to stand out. That is the chance he had to "not be invisible," and he didn't take it.
Again invisible night for 95% of team...but make sure you point out O'Reilly.

Alright Cal, heres your chance kid...we're gonna put you on a the good line a couple times. The guys you'll be playing with are the best, but as of lately they suck. We're gonna give you some PP time on the worst PP in the league. And we want you to score a bunch of goals, because all of our good guys can't score. If you don't we'll send you back to the AHL where you'll score a bunch of goals and not get any better because there's only so much you can learn from lesser competition. Another demotion will be great for your confidence.

Quote:
And, God forbid we have more injuries later in the season, sending O'Reilly down now allows us to recall him later for a brief stint if we need him and then send him back with no risk of losing him to waivers. It's a move that allows us roster flexibility over the course of a long season, something that, if the start of the year has been any indicator, we're going to need.
Yeah I agree here lets send him up and down 4 times since he has 4 games left. This is great for his development.


Quote:
So just because we beat Minnesota, Trotz shouldn't have benched Erat? Just because we're winning, that means we're playing well and the coaches shouldn't be doing anything to change the way the team plays? Just because we're losing means we're playing terribly and the coaches need to completely alter the makeup of the team?
Erat got benched? I don't think thats what happened.
So when we're losing but playing hard we should just keep losing and not try and change what needs to be changed? When our big name players a sh*ting the bed, we should try to pull the wool over the fans eyes and send down our future big name guys?

The players who were supposed to win us games and put up points hadn't been. And luckily guys like Smithson stepped it up a couple games so we could get back into it. The coaching staff took it out on Santorelli first, then Jones and now O'rielly. When they were no worse than 95% of our forwards, and should not have been expected to do anything if they're not gonna get help from veterans that should be producing. Now it's starting to look like Wilson is getting on Trotz bad side, invisibility again? But we should give 17mins a game to Scatchard cause he's doing a ton, lol. You're brainwashed.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
  #16
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
.

lol, how many forwards actually got points in that game? But please call out O'Reilly and say he was invisible.

Four forwards got points that night including both of his linemates. Scatchard recorded an assist, as well as Colin Wilson. Not to mention points from four defensemen including Franson and Sulzer



Again invisible night for 95% of team...but make sure you point out O'Reilly.

Alright Cal, heres your chance kid...we're gonna put you on a the good line a couple times. The guys you'll be playing with are the best, but as of lately they suck. We're gonna give you some PP time on the worst PP in the league. And we want you to score a bunch of goals, because all of our good guys can't score. If you don't we'll send you back to the AHL where you'll score a bunch of goals and not get any better because there's only so much you can learn from lesser competition. Another demotion will be great for your confidence.

Smithson, Legwand, Franson, Wilson, and Hornqvist registered points in the game again Boston. O'Reilly was on the ice for two of the three Boston goals. As has been explained before, we are limited in our ability to move Cal up and down before he would have to clear waivers. How do you not get it that we might need a center in a few more months?


Yeah I agree here lets send him up and down 4 times since he has 4 games left. This is great for his development.

No one is advocating just sending the kid back and forth. That would, in fact, be incredibly stupid. Explain to me how he's going to develop more with limited fourth line minutes in Nashville than he will with big first line minutes in Milwaukee... please.


Erat got benched? I don't think thats what happened.
So when we're losing but playing hard we should just keep losing and not try and change what needs to be changed? When our big name players a sh*ting the bed, we should try to pull the wool over the fans eyes and send down our future big name guys?

The players who were supposed to win us games and put up points hadn't been. And luckily guys like Smithson stepped it up a couple games so we could get back into it. The coaching staff took it out on Santorelli first, then Jones and now O'rielly. When they were no worse than 95% of our forwards, and should not have been expected to do anything if they're not gonna get help from veterans that should be producing. Now it's starting to look like Wilson is getting on Trotz bad side, invisibility again? But we should give 17mins a game to Scatchard cause he's doing a ton, lol. You're brainwashed.
What exactly are you advocating? Scratching top six guys who aren't producing, and then calling up three or four forwards to replace them? What then happens to the Ads? We just tell them to go ahead an play games with a roster that isn't big enough to even ice three lines? Do you do any sort of fact checking before spewing this crap on these boards, or do you just have such a soft spot for Cal O'Reilly that you'd rather call out someone who obviously knows more about both the sport and the way the teams are managed? What do Santo, Jonesy, and Cal all have in common? They can be moved. The only one of those three who doesn't have a two-way contract is Jones.

Wilson isn't on anyone's bad side. As has also been explained in other threads, the reason for Wilson's minutes being limited is so those moments when he makes a rookie mistakes are also limited, and in return don't hurt the team's chance to win. Unless we are up by three goals with two minutes left this team has shown we can't be comfortable with a lead.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
  #17
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
What exactly are you advocating? Scratching top six guys who aren't producing, and then calling up three or four forwards to replace them? What then happens to the Ads? We just tell them to go ahead an play games with a roster that isn't big enough to even ice three lines? Do you do any sort of fact checking before spewing this crap on these boards, or do you just have such a soft spot for Cal O'Reilly that you'd rather call out someone who obviously knows more about both the sport and the way the teams are managed? What do Santo, Jonesy, and Cal all have in common? They can be moved. The only one of those three who doesn't have a two-way contract is Jones.

Wilson isn't on anyone's bad side. As has also been explained in other threads, the reason for Wilson's minutes being limited is so those moments when he makes a rookie mistakes are also limited, and in return don't hurt the team's chance to win. Unless we are up by three goals with two minutes left this team has shown we can't be comfortable with a lead.
I'm advocating making the veterans responsible for the success of this team. Trotz does nothing to hold them responsible. The young guys take the brunt of it when they're making no more mistakes than the veterans...and those are the guys we're expecting to win us games. And we pay them enough to do so. Then people come on here and say...ohh this guy is invisible. Well what exactly do you expect when the whole team is the same thing. We want guys with < 50 NHL games to come in and be our saviors and win us games. Then, when they don't we send them back to a league they've dominated in the past, and bring up others in their place to do the same thing. I'm sure these guys just love getting sent down. People say it builds confidence playing down in the A...but nobody acknowledges the destructive part of being sent down in the first place. Santo, Jones and O'Reilly have all showed that they are elite players in the AHL. So when Santo plays his wrong position with two guys who can't even combine for more goals than Smithson...and he gets sent down when he can't score I'm gonna defend him. When Jones gets 6 minutes of ice time on the 4th line a game and he's expected to score with Goc and Smithson, then Trotz says he's "Not doing the small things right", when Erat etc. are turning the puck over every other shift and sitting at -7. Then I'm gonna ***** about it. Cal is just the newest send down..I've complained for each of these players...as this does not address the problems this team is having.

We are last in the league for goals per game.
Our power play is 3rd from the bottom.
Rotating these guys in and out of Nashville does not fix these problems.

P.S. when we score 6 goals and only 4 forwards had a point, thats not a win from the offense. Especially when only 1 goal came from a forward.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
  #18
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
haha, too bad you have no idea what you are talking about.

do you have a camera/microphone in the locker room and coaches office to actually see/hear the interaction between the staff and players.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
  #19
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Nope, but I don't see any changes on the ice, which is what really matters. Doesn't matter what's said in the locker rooms, it's about what happens during the games. It's obvious those things you're taking about weren't working. And sending down the kids isn't gonna make those locker room talks any more effective.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
  #20
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
well then i guess my next question should be, are you watching the games?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
  #21
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
leggy and erat were briefly broken up. Then back together the next game. Now Erat has an injury.

Legwand 13 games 3 assists, I expect more from him.
Erat 11 games 1 goal, I expect more here as well.
Not to mention the TOI for these 2.
Sullivan finally gets another goal, 5 points 13 games, only 2 goals. expecting more.
Goc 12 games, 1 assist. I wouldn't expect more if it wasn't for all the chances he gets.
Ward 1 goal 11 games, he got the money he wanted...can we get the production we wanted.

You can argue all day about this, but the stats aren't on your side. We are at .500, we are last for G/G and 3rd last PP%. Are you happy with this? Do you think our rookies are to blame for the lack or wins/goals? Do you think moving them up and down is addressing these outlined problems?

When Trotz is in the media citing "Mistakes" and "Production" for the reasons he's moving these players and the previously mentioned ones are making even more mistakes and for the money having worse production. Then day in and day out those players receive the same Ice Time and opportunities as the last game. It's infuriating.

Hornqvist and Smithson are 2 players I'm am floored by this season. At the start of the season did you think these players would perform like this? Why can't the others mentioned even perform just under the expectations.

Honestly a team that can't score and we send down Jones and O'reilly for Olveckly and Thuresson. Are we trying to fix the lack of scoring here?

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
  #22
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
I get through two-thirds of your rambling only to realize I read the same crap the last time you posted...

First of all, if being sent back down to the minors is destructive to a man's psyche then he doesn't have the mental toughness nor maturity to stick it out in the NHL, especially on a team that will be playing hard just to reach/get past .500 hockey.

Second, you post under this assumption that we all turn a blind eye to the veterans who make the big money while rioting in the streets until a player on a two-way deal gets sent back to Milwaukee.

Third, you continue to ignore it when people spell things out for you, but all it does it make you look more and more foolish. O'Reilly has been given opportunities to shine. He hasn't played dreadful hockey, but he isn't on a one-way deal, hasn't earned a one-way deal, and will be sent down before he has to clear waivers if he isn't producing enough to stay on a top line. It's that simple. It does no good to have a player with his potential sitting for the majority of the game because he's not quite fitting on the top lines and has been penciled in on the fourth.

In fact, if you want to talk hurt ego let's talk about a player not getting ice time. Let's talk about a player being a healthy scratch night in and night out because we can't risk losing him to waivers, but he isn't able to be plugged in anywhere. Those are real problems. If being sent down makes O'Reilly feel bad then he should call his mother, cry on the phone for a couple of hours, and decide if he's in the right profession.

Something tells me you aren't anywhere close with your assumptions in that regard.


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 11-02-2009 at 08:38 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
  #23
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I'm not going to argue all day because I don't argue nor do I debate with fools. And if you can't see the changes that have taken place on the ice over the last 5 games from the 5 before that then that is just what you are.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
  #24
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Oh, by the way... if you're floored by Smithson's play because he has three goals, consider this:

Smithson has 3G and 0A for 3pts in 13 games.

Jean Pierre Dumont has 3G and 8A for 11pts in 9 games.
Weber 5G and 4A for 9pts in 13 games.
Hornqvist 3G and 5A for 8pts in 13 games (who you mentioned, and whom we are all impressed by)
Suter 2G and 5A for 7pts in 13 games
Arnott 3G and 2A for 5pts in 7 games
Sullivan 2G and 3A for 5pts in 13 games
Ward 1G and 3A for 4 pts in 11 games

And finally, David Legwand, who is tied for points with Jerred Smithson, with 0G and 3A for 3 pts in 13 games. Are we getting more bang for the buck with Smithers? Definitely. Has he been surprising? Of course. Do I expect him become a consistent points producer close to what Erat, Legwand, or Sullivan have shown they can be? hahaha

Am I happy with .500 hockey? Considering we've played Chicago three times, Dallas three times and twice in Dallas, Boston, and a Colorado team who was handed one of their three regulation losses by us and is currently sitting atop the conference we could be in a much worse position. Don't forget about Ottawa and Buffalo who aren't doing too bad in the East right now.

I am well aware that we didn't win all of the games I just mentioned, but we also didn't lose all of them. Save two blow outs in the middle of a six game skid and we haven't been embarrassed. We've allowed goals in bunches more than anyone would care to see, and we had an incredibly ugly win in Ottawa to pull us out of a slump. A win that came after two respectable outings.

Bottom line is you're right to be unhappy with Legwand and Erat. I don't think there's a person who considers him or herself a Predator fan who doesn't want them, and Sully, to produce more offensively. However, Legwand has been making the effort lately, and the rest of the team has been also. You're reading entirely too much unto a rather minor transaction between an NHL team and its AHL affiliate.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
  #25
deleted
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be saying the same things if you were addressing what I'm saying.
Whether or not O'Reilly cry's this team still won't score goals. And Jones is on a 1-way. And he did earn it. And he didn't get opportunities. You think I'm just talking about O'Reilly but I complained in the Jones thread when he was moved, and in the GTD when Santo first got sent down. These are our best options for production. Our best chance at winning.

Never did I say the fans are turning a blind eye...I said Trotz does. And then you try to insult me by calling me foolish, like it makes your argument any better. And I'm positive low ice time in the NHL is less of a hit to confidence than being sent down.

The changes are from injuries to arnott and erat. When they come back will our lineup be SAD, Leggy-Erat-?. Cause It wouldn't surprise me 1 bit.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.