Need KHL goalie help

Old
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Barney Stinson76

vCash: 500
Need KHL goalie help

Hi guys!
Need your help please!
Looked over KHL goalie stats and three youngsters opened my eyes!
So someone can tell me if they could be NHL goalies some day or is just defense that good ;-)
Thanks

GP GAA SVS%
Ilya Proskuryakov Metallurg Magnitogorsk 8 0.88 .965

Stanislav Galimov Ak Bars Kazan 5 1.72 .941

Sergei Bobrovsky Metallurg Novokuznetsk 5 1.97 .942

Barney Stinson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
They are three young goalies, all of them very, very good. I think that Proskuryakov can be an NHL goalie, he's very athletic and challenges very well. Galimov is a bit up and down, but I think he's damng good, Bobrovsky is excellent on one-on-ones, but he had almost no chance to play in any worthy game in his career, we have to see how he faces pressure.

10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
still the two best young goalies are V'juhin and Sokolov

cska78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Garl

All of them overrated IMO. Bobrovsky is probably best of the bunch, Galimov worst.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 03:14 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
All of them overrated IMO. Bobrovsky is probably best of the bunch, Galimov worst.
all Russians are overrated ! you should know that better than anybody Carla

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 01:55 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
all Russians are overrated ! you should know that better than anybody Carla
no, not Carla...oh..

Old
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Swedes rulez, right

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 06:10 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodyBeast View Post
Swedes rulez, right

You are learning fast!

Old
10-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Zine

Quote:

Garl, how can 3 players who've received little to no press and hype be overrated?

Last edited by Zine: 10-31-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
You are learning fast!
What do you mean?

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Garl, how can 3 players who've received little to no press and hype be overrated?
Among fans, because in Russia we don't have a lot of good young goalies. Proskuryakov is a midget, good reflexes but makes some silly mistakes and is physically very weak.

Galimov? Very mediocre overall.

Bobrovsky is the best of the bunch, but not even close to Varlamov. Bobrovsky benefits from playing for a weak team where he is always seen as a rescurer and local champion kinda like Tayler Moss in Amur(another overrated KHL goalie).

p.S. Pis'kin74, no I'm not Carla Bruni, sorry to dissapoint you.

Old
11-02-2009, 08:31 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodyBeast View Post
What do you mean?
that was sarcastic towards Carl!

oh now he called pushkin - pis'kin, hail kindergarten!

Old
11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Among fans, because in Russia we don't have a lot of good young goalies. Proskuryakov is a midget, good reflexes but makes some silly mistakes and is physically very weak.

Bobrovsky is the best of the bunch, but not even close to Varlamov. Bobrovsky benefits from playing for a weak team where he is always seen as a rescurer and local champion kinda like Tayler Moss in Amur(another overrated KHL goalie).

i remember a guy (guess WHO?) who says just a year ago that Varlamov is overrated and arent even close to mighty/talented young sweden Markstrom.....THAT person called Markstrom as a future star after just a view good games in SEL (that might be true) but Proskuryakov , who has been one of the best goalies in KHL so far is just overrated and midget,very weak and so on...but he have a chance to be not called as OVERRATED ! he should prove him self in SEL ? who can take that person seriously after that?
PS:as i sayed before every Russian/KHL player are overrated . whats the fuss all about?

Old
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Siberian

Quote:

You need to look up what midget is. Proskuryakov is about the same size as some of the NHL goalies like Halak or Theodore for example.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Garl

Quote:
i remember a guy (guess WHO?) who says just a year ago that Varlamov is overrated and arent even close to mighty/talented young sweden Markstrom
Markstrom is IMO a better prospect than Varlamov. Doesn't mean that Varlamov sucks.

Quote:
THAT person called Markstrom as a future star after just a view good games in SEL (that might be true) but Proskuryakov , who has been one of the best goalies in KHL so far is just overrated and midget,very weak and so on...but he have a chance to be not called as OVERRATED ! he should prove him self in SEL ? who can take that person seriously after that?
Do you seriously compare a 18 y.o Markstrom in SEL and 22 y.o Proskuryakov in KHL? Also, you start this SEL vs KHL thing once again, when it's not about that at all. You probably haven't seen me hyping guys like Ridderwall, Wesslau, Lack, Dahlberg, even though they are quite good in SEL. And you know why? Yep they are just not so good in my opinion. Same with this 3 guys from KHL. It doesn't mean where do they play.

Old
11-02-2009, 08:25 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Markstrom is IMO a better prospect than Varlamov. Doesn't mean that Varlamov sucks.

Do you seriously compare a 18 y.o Markstrom in SEL and 22 y.o Proskuryakov in KHL? Also, you start this SEL vs KHL thing once again, when it's not about that at all. You probably haven't seen me hyping guys like Ridderwall, Wesslau, Lack, Dahlberg, even though they are quite good in SEL. And you know why? Yep they are just not so good in my opinion. Same with this 3 guys from KHL. It doesn't mean where do they play.
edit:Markström is 19 years old 1990-01-31 .
there is nothing to compare between KHL and SEL. KHL is way better league but you can have wet dreams as much as you want so keep going .....
PS: Russians are overrated!

Old
11-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Garl

Quote:
edit:Markstrцm is 19 years old 1990-01-31 .
there is nothing to compare between KHL and SEL. KHL is way better league but you can have wet dreams as much as you want so keep going .....
PS: Russians are overrated!
I know perfectly well that Markstrom now is 19. But he started to play in SEL at the age of 18.

As for KHL vs SEL, once again I wasn't going to compare leagues and it doesn't matter if KHL is better or not. What matters is that SEL is at least as good in producing players, and certainly better in producing goalies.

P.S. Wet dreams? Come on buddy, stop judging others by yourself.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:29 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
I know perfectly well that Markstrom now is 19. But he started to play in SEL at the age of 18.

As for KHL vs SEL, once again I wasn't going to compare leagues and it doesn't matter if KHL is better or not. What matters is that SEL is at least as good in producing players, and certainly better in producing goalies.

P.S. Wet dreams? Come on buddy, stop judging others by yourself.
we know many examples when young and talented become a bust!like Lehtonen for example. ( i hope i am wrong in case of Markstrom) Proskuryakov have been main goalie in Metallurg second season in row and he isnt old either ( only 22) . however for some reason he is overrated ( we all know why).
SEL nor KHL produce a goalies but junior hockey systems. talking about numbers? currently there is 4 goalies from Russia and 4 from Sweden in NHL. Russians have a 3 first goalies out of 4 and Sweden only 1(Lundqist). so based on what you are saying SEL producing better goalies?
PS: i havnt seen anybody else on HFB who continuously bashing one specific nation like you? i would say thats sick

Old
11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Garl

Quote:
we know many examples when young and talented become a bust!like Lehtonen for example. ( i hope i am wrong in case of Markstrom) Proskuryakov have been main goalie in Metallurg second season in row and he isnt old either ( only 22) . however for some reason he is overrated ( we all know why).
SEL nor KHL produce a goalies but junior hockey systems. talking about numbers? currently there is 4 goalies from Russia and 4 from Sweden in NHL. Russians have a 3 first goalies out of 4 and Sweden only 1(Lundqist). so based on what you are saying SEL producing better goalies?
PS: i havnt seen anybody else on HFB who continuously bashing one specific nation like you? i would say thats sick
Lehtonen isn't a bust, and overall that's a very bad example, we all know where his problems are.

Proskuryakov is overrated in Russia, because he is young and somewhat sucessful, and lately we had no young and succesful goalies in Russia. But in terms of his level, he is overrated, and doesn't have NHL potential.

Now, first you started this KHL vs SEL, then when I have said about goalies production you are bringing up soviet people like Khabi and Nabby, what's the point? Lately KHL/RSL almost didn't produced at all in terms of goalies. Was I wrong when I've said there's no difference where do goalies play? If anything SmLiiga which is 3-4 league in Europe produced more NHL goalies than SEL and KHL combined.