HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs remain undefeated in extra time 5-4 vs Leafs

Old
10-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Natural Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Glad we won but when the Leafs scored their 3rd during the chant I turned to my girlfriend and said, "I have a bad feeling about this".

Thank God Cammy, Gomez & Halak bailed us out in the shootout.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:20 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Props to Lapierre and Latendresse, I thought both of them played their best games of the year.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:21 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

when Hal Gill scored i thought it was the end of the world. i had to pinch myself to make sure im still alive

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I'll take the 2 points but what a ugly finish for the Habs in the final 4 minutes of 3rd...I really hope I never have to see these ugly uniforms ever again...

I guess the result tonight is the best we could've asked for..The Habs get 2 points while the Leafs get 1 to help keep them out of last place and giving the Bruins 1st overall...

Ugly win but I'll take the 2 points...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
I love how Martin has a double standard for the big 3. This is atleast the 5th time one of Gionta, Gomez or Cammy has turned the puck over for a goal and they're right back out there next shift. If that was AK you wouldn't be seeing him for a few days.

That's the only thing that has angered me for the last few games. Other than that, I thought the boys played a really good game, bush league refs but we've come to expect that when we play the Leafs
AK46 is on a short leash, every mistake he makes is magnified.... I truly hope that he snaps out of this funk, and starts potting some goals. He's got the talent, his head just doesn't seem in it. Not sure if he just can't get with Martin's program, or he's just regressed, but he's getting harder and harder to watch.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Leo Getz

That makes up for the first game. Leafs shouldn't have gotten a point on that one. We need to be able to close out games, hopefully that comes in time as we keep playing JM's system.

I liked what I saw from Lats out there crashing and banging. I also thought Chips + Patches had good games.

I've also had just about enough of MAB.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tray4Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
You'd really sit one of our best 3 forwards?
If they did it once, no. If they did it again, still probably not. But when they continuously do it, mainly Gionta, it's time to get a point across.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

i was laughing my ass off when hammer scored right when komisarek got out of the box just in time to pick another minus hahahaha

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Any bets on whether AK46 plays next game or not? He did not look good even in the 7:32 minutes he played.
who will play in his place? BGL or a concussed dags lol

we dont have any depth

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
We had 31 giveaways tonight...we never get close on road games even when play play terrible. The conspiracy theorist in me says the Bell Centre statisticians are giveaway trigger happy.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:23 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
That makes up for the first game. Leafs shouldn't have gotten a point on that one. We need to be able to close out games, hopefully that comes in time as we keep playing JM's system.
On the plus side, we've been money post regulation.

Of course there's a big part of luck involved there, but if you're only going to have so much it's not a bad time to get lucky.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
I love how Martin has a double standard for the big 3. This is atleast the 5th time one of Gionta, Gomez or Cammy has turned the puck over for a goal and they're right back out there next shift. If that was AK you wouldn't be seeing him for a few days.
Maybe AK should actually do something positive offensively then.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Dark4ng3l

Guys we are actually helping ourselves by giving the leafs a point(helps make the bruins pick worse) so it's all good. Best possible outcome for us in the end.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:24 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
AK46 is on a short leash, every mistake he makes is magnified.... I truly hope that he snaps out of this funk, and starts potting some goals. He's got the talent, his head just doesn't seem in it. Not sure if he just can't get with Martin's program, or he's just regressed, but he's getting harder and harder to watch.
the guy is not only not scoring, all of his shots are getting blocked...if not he fans on it or he turns it over. he cant even skate anymore, he falls down with nobody around him at least twice a game

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Two points is two points, I'll take it. The final few minutes of the third was just a breakdown on so many levels. We couldn't get the puck out, we were turning it over, etc...

we have to get the puck out of our own zone at any opportunity we can rather than being cute with the puck. It's starting to cost us.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:25 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
Guys we are actually helping ourselves by giving the leafs a point(helps make the bruins pick worse) so it's all good. Best possible outcome for us in the end.
Sad but true.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:26 PM
JrHockeyFan

Best thing about that game was the two points that come with the win.

Worst thing was the lack of control in the last 5 minutes.

Irritating to listen to that silly na na hey hey stuff with just under 4 minutes to go. It can't possibly matter, but hey it was just plain dumb

MAB is scary to watch out there. Especially in OT. When O'Byrne comes back I seriously hope MAB's minutes are limited to PP if any

Finally, how does a ref miss seeing a stick stuck in a helmet strap?

As for discussing AK? What is the point? He had 7 min TOI? How can he possibly be used as a whipping boy in this situation?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I didn't get it either.
Kaberle should be first star, 4 points. They even gave it to him at the Bell Centre.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm still fumning over this one...

It's not bad enough they get horrible calls to go on the PP, like the Beauchewoman one or the Coltin Orr one, the non call on Grabovsky in Ot or the non call on Stajan...we have to put up with Kaberaly scoring off spacek...arrgghhhhh
the dangerous boarding on Gionta right in front of the referee in the 1st

Beaucheming trying to knee Plekanec

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Plekanec has definitely pulled a 180 from his play last year.
He as been great and will make it very tough for the Habs to afford him if he keeps it up all season...

If the Habs are out of the playoff hunt at the trade deadline do you trade Pleks if you don't think you can re-sign him?

I wouldn't mind contract extensions to Pleks,Metro and Mara TBH...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

A win's a win but this is one of the worst teams in the NHL and they managed to make it much closer than it should have been. Nothing to brag after this one.

On a side note, the refs looked like overwhelmed minor leaguers tonight. I'm not one to nitpick on their work usually but Jebus were they bad tonight, on both sides.

A little while ago I was wondering if there could be any dman worse than Gill defensively, then Gill starts to pick up his game a bit and suddenly a new contender enters the arena, MAB. I swear if I didn't know better I'd say the guy just learned to skate 2 years ago. He's always off balance, very awkward, and makes the dumbest decisions in his zone. He better produce at a very high clip otherwise he's going to visit the pressbox when O'Byrne returns. Now we know (well we always did) why 30 teams passed on him. A good shot has not a player made.

I liked Pacioretty tonight, tried to make some plays, hustled a bit more, had some nice checks.

Hopefully this provides a bit of confidence for the next stretch, but there is still lots of work to be done.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:30 PM
totalrecall

i feel like singing '' we are the champions''

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:31 PM
Biggsy

2 goals late in the game they made it alot closer than perhaps it should of been? missed that last period and half so i don't know. Were they shaky goals or what? Just glad to see some offense tonight.

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Any bets on whether AK46 plays next game or not? He did not look good even in the 7:32 minutes he played.
You think J. Martin has done anything to build the confidence of maybe our 3 best young players?

Price.....benched for a long time.

S. Kosti...sent to the minors perhaps when he was better than several forwards that were kept the the Habs.

And A. Kosti. Have you noticed once him being on the ice during overtime? He is not getting much if any PP time. He is constantly being put on a new line. Now he has been put on a line with Chips and Stewart. How much do you really think he can score with those line mates. Not much. Has Chips line scored a goal this year? I do not think so.

J. Martin appears to be destroying the confidence of perhaps our best 3 young players. What has he done to help them gain confidence. NOTHING that I have seen. I heard he was good with young players. Do you think these 3 are now highly motiveated to play for him? I wonder.

If we lose the play of these 3 and we have a few long term injuries like we did last year we will have a very bad losing season.

Last edited by Kosti46: 10-31-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: error in spelling
Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:33 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Best thing about that game was the two points that come with the win.

Worst thing was the lack of control in the last 5 minutes.

Irritating to listen to that silly na na hey hey stuff with just under 4 minutes to go. It can't possibly matter, but hey it was just plain dumb

MAB is scary to watch out there. Especially in OT. When O'Byrne comes back I seriously hope MAB's minutes are limited to PP if any

Finally, how does a ref miss seeing a stick stuck in a helmet strap?
people say montreal has referee favoritism at home, well definitely not this year
what i was saying about the crowd is toronto is used to them at the bell, and feed off them

on another note, liked chipchura's decisions with the puck

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote