HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And the streak continues...

Old
11-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

I noticed he got caught up ice (again) on the second Boston goal. He is the Horcoff of the defense this year. His play has been the biggest disappointment on the back end for me (followed by Gilbert) this year.
Grebeshkov was not "caught up ice" - he was picked / blocked by a player which led to a two on one... Considering the puck had stopped, where were the forwards who were supposed to be backchecking & covering the Bruin forwards????

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 02:41 AM
alanschu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
I'll throw out a positive here, I think the Oilers played a really good first half of the game. I'm not blind to the fact that the Oilers CAN play well. And in the end, I'm at least glad they're getting better.

But seriously... How often can we say, "well they were just really good, they did a good job"? They didn't! The Oilers are extremely easy to play against when they're playing like they played the second half of that game. The Bruins did NOT play that well. The Oilers made them look good.

Don't think that's true? Why don't you ask Quinn, he's said as much in numerous post games.
I feel that the team's psyche is pretty fragile.

When they are playing well, they're pretty good. But it doesn't take much for them to get shaken and play poorly.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:47 AM
SK13
V-Triggered

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I feel that the team's psyche is pretty fragile.

When they are playing well, they're pretty good. But it doesn't take much for them to get shaken and play poorly.
Well, that's to be expected from a young team with all it's veterans injured or otherwise sick.

Last edited by SK13: 11-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.
SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote