HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"That's Called a Winning Streak" - Halloween - Nashville vs. Dallas

Old
10-31-2009, 09:12 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500

KLEIN SCORES!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:15 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Man we gotta kill this!

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:16 PM
goalscorer

I have to say, I am finally excited again about Predators hockey. I know its still early, and we have a long way to go, but how can you not be stoked after such a rough start.

Glad Horns got the go ahead goal. He has hands down been our most consistent player, IMO. He desireves to have twice as many.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 09:42 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I'm so proud of our boys!

Old
10-31-2009, 11:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Wasn't really impressed with either Thuresson or Olvecky...kind of gave me bad memories of years past, but they're definitely "Trotz" players.

Was it just me, or did Wilson get benched again? I hardly saw him out in the third period, but he was on the ice during the post game celebration, so I know he wasn't hurt.

We managed to win a game in which we were the victim of some very poor reffing. Gotta love that.

Hornqvist continues to impress me, and Dumont is racking up points even with Arnott out. Nice to see Sullivan finally get one...hopefully this gets him going.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:24 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Was it just me, or did Wilson get benched again? I hardly saw him out in the third period, but he was on the ice during the post game celebration, so I know he wasn't hurt.
I wondered too.

His TOI has gradually gone done, on average, over the last four or five games. Used to be 13+, then 11+, but last night less than 10 minutes. Seems as if Goc and Santorelli skated with his linemates over the last 10 minutes.

Wilson's last shift of the game was with 11 minutes left in the game. I don't know if he was hurt or if, with the lead, Trotz wanted someone else for some reason. Wilson was 5 and 1 on faceoffs, and last game he was good on them also, so you'd think he wouldn't be yanked for that part of defense.

Legwand pulled a lot of shifts once we had the lead. His number is shown a lot in the play by play over the final ten.

WHOO! Go Preds!

Awesome that the boys are 6-6-1 even with a 6 game losing streak in there. Four out of five since they ended the bad run.

Way to go men!

That's called a winning streak.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Nitrous Mafia

terrible first two periods and then an exciting third. it was fun to be there on someone elses dime. place was empty.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:32 AM
goalscorer

[QUOTE=barrytrotzsneck;21899680]Was it just me, or did Wilson get benched again? I hardly saw him out in the third period, but he was on the ice during the post game celebration, so I know he wasn't hurt.QUOTE]

If I remeber correctly there was a lot of talk concerning Wilson being able to make the jump straight into an 82 game schedule from college. I would bet Trotz maybe letting him get decent minutes, but holding him back a little as an adjustment period of sorts. Hes played well enough thus far to be playing regular minutes, IMO. The only reasonable explanation I can think of other than maybe the groin acting up and trying not to cause another absence.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:49 AM
RollingPredFan

We basically wore them down,they got tired in the 3rd period. By the way the Stars announcers were sarcastic and annoyingly homer-ish Took a lot of shots at the Preds and how little were in attendance.

Anyways good to see Sully score, we got to get him going.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

I was trying to figure out why Wilson, who was great on face-offs was not out there. Either the coach does not want to depleat his confidence, if Dallas was to score? His line was on for a goal against in the second period but it was Hornqvist man. I thought he had created alot of chances in the offensive zone, and done really well defensively.
Hopefully the groin is not the issue, Trotz is just trying to bring him along slowly. As I say that though, he also was not on the powerplay which in the previous two, he had alot of success and again, especially in the Minnesota game when he set up Hornqvist with basically an empty netter.......

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
We basically wore them down,they got tired in the 3rd period. By the way the Stars announcers were sarcastic and annoyingly homer-ish Took a lot of shots at the Preds and how little were in attendance.

Anyways good to see Sully score, we got to get him going.
Yeah, I noticed that and though it was ironic because every stars game Ive seen this year has had tons of empty seats also.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
A few of my thoughts on the game,

The refs sucked, we had about 3 too many penalties, and they missed the one that was actually a penalty.

Whatever has gotten into Smithson better stay there. Callahan was saying if he was a new fan and looking to buy a jersey he would get a number 25 and Id have to agree, Smithson has gained some offensive skill his line can generate chances and he was very physical. Standing up for Ward, and delivering some good hits.

Thurresson and Olvecky are good defensively and provided some good hits, nothing great but did their jobs perfectly.

Klein's best game of the year, with Boullion he looks different. Hamhuis looks terrible still.

Riberio's "beard" looks like someone glued some pubic hair on his face, even from the 300 section.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:35 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
If I remeber correctly there was a lot of talk concerning Wilson being able to make the jump straight into an 82 game schedule from college. I would bet Trotz maybe letting him get decent minutes, but holding him back a little as an adjustment period of sorts. Hes played well enough thus far to be playing regular minutes, IMO. The only reasonable explanation I can think of other than maybe the groin acting up and trying not to cause another absence.
This was my first thought.

Last edited by MemphisMTLfan: 11-01-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old
11-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He has come down with Contractyearitus.
He is not in a contract year. That is next year.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:49 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

AP-

The Department of Nashville Homeland Defense has lowered the EMO level of the Nashville fan base from Black to Dark Gray after the team reached .500. In translation, the fanbase has gone from 'down the street and over the bridge' to 'mopey and meloncolly'. The director of the the DoNHD understands this may be temporary but is hopeful that the color level might go up to light gray ('cautiously hopeful) in the next few games.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The only reasonable explanation I can think of other than maybe the groin acting up and trying not to cause another absence.
Wilson was not injured, he saw limited ice time because he was trying to do too much with the puck through the neutral zone and kept failing to get the puck over the blueline, sending Dallas back on offense and trapping himself and his linemates on the ice.

Colin is doing a lot of good things, but you have to temper that with his continued adjustment to NHL hockey. When he is struggling to take care of a fundamental thing like getting the puck deep (when Dallas is standing up at the blueline and you cannot carry it in), then you probably aren't going to see much ice time as the game progresses and your team is protecting a lead.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 11:48 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Thank you SLake for clearing that up.

Damn Rinne for making me unsure as to who should start.

Old
11-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Seth Lake

Props to the Preds...

NHL players have a strict routine during game days and usually do nothing outside of their routine from the time the morning skate ends till the time they enter the locker room in preparation for that night's game.

However, yesterday the Predators decided to break those routines to give back to the community and visited the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt for a reverse trick-or-treat on Halloween. Then went out and still beat Dallas!

Kudos to team for bringing some joy into the lives of those battling much tougher circumstances...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/galler...id=DL|NSH|home

Some of the guys are in costume, others are simply wearing their jerseys.

Old
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
NHL players have a strict routine during game days and usually do nothing outside of their routine from the time the morning skate ends till the time they enter the locker room in preparation for that night's game.

However, yesterday the Predators decided to break those routines to give back to the community and visited the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt for a reverse trick-or-treat on Halloween. Then went out and still beat Dallas!

Kudos to team for bringing some joy into the lives of those battling much tougher circumstances...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/galler...id=DL|NSH|home

Some of the guys are in costume, others are simply wearing their jerseys.
Hamhuis and Weber as Pooh and Tigger is hysterical. I smell an embarrassing nickname coming...

Old
11-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Wilson was not injured, he saw limited ice time because he was trying to do too much with the puck through the neutral zone and kept failing to get the puck over the blueline, sending Dallas back on offense and trapping himself and his linemates on the ice.

Colin is doing a lot of good things, but you have to temper that with his continued adjustment to NHL hockey. When he is struggling to take care of a fundamental thing like getting the puck deep (when Dallas is standing up at the blueline and you cannot carry it in), then you probably aren't going to see much ice time as the game progresses and your team is protecting a lead.
Really? I can only recall one time, a pass from the right boards out of our zone that was too far that Wilson reached to tip ahead to his winger.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:36 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Hamhuis and Weber as Pooh and Tigger is hysterical. I smell an embarrassing nickname coming...
The wonderful thing about Tiggers, that Tigger's are wonderful things! They smash and smash and smash and smash and score against the Wings.....

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Really? I can only recall one time, a pass from the right boards out of our zone that was too far that Wilson reached to tip ahead to his winger.
There were several times that he tried to carry the puck into the zone against the Dallas D standing up at the blueline that resulted in turnovers.

With Turco's puck-handling abilities and the organizational development of that skill in each of their goalies, Dallas is built to have their defense stand up at the blueline, force dump-ins, and then move into position to receive an outlet pass from their goalie to start the breakout.

One of the key tactical changes we did in the first period, but totally failed at in the second period was utilizing cross-corner and soft dump-ins to pin the puck into the corners, eliminate the goalie, and make the Dallas D go back and make the first pass. All night long, we were able to give them fits on the forecheck when we made the defensemen play the puck. We got away from that in the second period and Dallas got the better of play, we got back to that in the third period and were able to score a come from behind victory.

Getting the puck deep and placing it appropriately was a key factor in the game plan last night and really lead to our overall success...

Old
11-01-2009, 12:54 PM
token grinder

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=698754&page=3

wasn't our game but it was last night. zidtard gets beat up by crosby

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=698754&page=3

wasn't our game but it was last night. zidtard gets beat up by crosby
Beat up is a stretch...one, maybe two punches landed in that whole episode before the linesmen jumped in when Crosby pulled Zidlicky's jersey over his head. Crosby landed the only punch of the "fight". More damage was done with the slash fest that took place prior - where I think Zids got the better hack...

Old
11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I didn't really want to start another thread for this, but I did some offensive projections for players who are a.) on the active roster and b.) have played in more than half of the team's games (7 or more). Here are the results...

Jean-Pierre Dumont - 26g+69a=95pts
Shea Weber - 32g+25a=57pts
Jason Arnott - 33g+22a=55pts
Ryan Suter - 13g+32a=45pts
Patric Hörnqvist - 19g+32a=51pts
Steve Sullivan - 13g+19a=32pts
Joel Ward - 7g+22a=29pts
Cody Franson - 11g+11a=22pts
Dan Hamhuis - 0g+29a=29pts
Colin Wilson - 10g+10a=20 pts
Mike Santorelli - 10g+10a=20pts
Jerred Smithson - 19g+0a=19pts
David Legwand - 0g+19a=19pts

Kevin Klein- 7g+7a=14pts
Martin Erat - 7g+0a=7pts
Marcel Goc - 0g+7a=7pts
Wade Belak - 0g+0a=0pts

... along with a lineup based on those numbers...

Dumont (4.0) - Arnott (4.5) - Hörnqvist (.62)
Sullivan - (3.75) - Wilson (.875) - Ward (1.5)
Santorelli (.62) - Legwand (5.0) - Smithson (.75)
Erat (5.25) - Goc (.55) - Belak (.65)

Weber (4.5) - Suter (3.5)
Hamhuis (2.5) - Franson (.525)
Klein (.80) - Bouillon (.75)

That number beside every player in the lineup, if you hadn't figured it out by now, is each player's salary in millions of dollars.

Of course, the beautiful thing about extrapolation is that it is constantly fluctuating: one major upswing in offensive production can completely change the offensive pace the player is on. But still, Erat... just...

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 11-01-2009 at 02:05 PM.