HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trying to move Chris Higgins

Old
11-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
big time bummer he is not doing welll but to be honest Dumping Gomez alone and signing Gaborik was worth it. Plus we will see what McDonaugh can do down the road

If Higgins can't bounce back I am sure they can find a team that will send another underachiever and if not it's not like he is not a good PKer. Plus he is a UFA next yr and off the books. Grachev should be ready then

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
A player can be playing well even though he's not scoring. Higgins has hardly hurt the team when he's been on the ice.

11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
A player can be playing well even though he's not scoring. Higgins has hardly hurt the team when he's been on the ice.
I think Higgins played much better today, he was great on the PK. He played a very smart game.

I'm disappointed he didn't score, but then again, he is certainly not the only person on the team who is struggling to find the net right now.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
yea but for 2 plus million he needs to score. Luckily they have depth and cheaper options like Lisin can step up.

I am for giving Higgins a chance and worst case he is a good Pker and is a UFA next yr anyway

Old
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
NYRamonte10

he's a hard working guy, and so what as long as he is a plus im fine with him. Plus i really like the americans on our team. Duby, cally, drury, higgins, gilroy. I can see Higgins diving and taking a puck off his face to save a goal. When i think of hard gritty playoff hockey, i think of these guys

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
he's a hard working guy, and so what as long as he is a plus im fine with him. Plus i really like the americans on our team. Duby, cally, drury, higgins, gilroy. I can see Higgins diving and taking a puck off his face to save a goal. When i think of hard gritty playoff hockey, i think of these guys
But we need more than one guy who can put the puck in the net. Our "secondary scoring" are as secondary as NYR tradition ensues.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
But we need more than one guy who can put the puck in the net. Our "secondary scoring" are as secondary as NYR tradition ensues.
So far. The season is still young and unlike a lot of the old secondary scorers they actually contribute on most nights even if they arent scoring.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
EvilEmpire94

Higgins played much better today

EvilEmpire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:13 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
LOL no way is this even remotely true.

No way Slats admits defeat on this one after 13 games.
He traded Gomez. That's a win no matter how you slice it.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Higgins were completely invisible again tonight...
Not completely, he just didnt score.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
KRM

Quote:
I hope we can move Higgins. He is just not fitting in. And we need someone who can be a much stronger player, and especially take more responsibility.

Like in the last 40 minutes tonight we had 12 shots on goal -- and at least 4-5 of them we dump ins put on the net... We need someone who can go deep and skate the puck up ice. Someone who is strong in all areas of the game. It don't have to be someone who will score 60-70 pts -- but someone who can skate and handle the puck.

Higgins were completely invisible again tonight...
Ok if Phoenix is the trade partner - Mikkel Bödker.

No, not gonna happen, I know.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
The Mouth

i would take Mueller in a heartbeat, as I have said before nothing grows in Arizona except cactus. So forget about growing NHL talent.

The Yotes have a lot of great upcoming prospects to ruin so they might be frustrated with Young Peter. As far as a Perimeter floater, they said the same thing about Prospal. Hell, they said the thing about Lisin and Mueller is a proven NHL scorer.

Plus they love dealing with us. I Like it! I'm gonna run with it ! Higgy for Mueller !

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Emptyvoid

Watch in our next blowout game with 6, 7ish goals, Higgins will have between 4-5 points, 2-3 being goals

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Trading an underperforming vet like Higgins, one year before UFA for a kid like Mueller would be a steal.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Ola

Quote:
Yeah, but you just don't win many cups if you have 17 of those around...

Seriously though, he ain't making up for 2 assists in 13 games with his "hard work". But I agree -- he isn't completely worthless. But we need more. Looking at how our team is constructed -- we need more players to play better hockey. There is no ifs or buts about it. And they need to play a lot better hockey. Our PP is almost close to 30%. We have had our fair share of bounces. And we are still struggling. We have a rookie D who is scoring around a PPG pace.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
i would take Mueller in a heartbeat, as I have said before nothing grows in Arizona except cactus. So forget about growing NHL talent.

The Yotes have a lot of great upcoming prospects to ruin so they might be frustrated with Young Peter. As far as a Perimeter floater, they said the same thing about Prospal. Hell, they said the thing about Lisin and Mueller is a proven NHL scorer.

Plus they love dealing with us. I Like it! I'm gonna run with it ! Higgy for Mueller !
People say a lot of things around here. I didnt say that about Prospal. In fact I think I even suggested that we should pick up him before we did.

Old
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Trading an underperforming vet like Higgins, one year before UFA for a kid like Mueller would be a steal.
I would sign for that deal yesterday.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
IMO, never in a life time.

You don't win many hockeygames with players like him. A team can afford to carry a Gaborik or two, but ideally all 18 skaters should play a team game and then add to that. Not saying that Gabby isn't doing that, but sometimes he -- with right -- takes chances.

Anyway, Mueller is a typical "junior star". He doesn't play a 2-way game. He have potential to like become a new "Jeff O'Neil", someone who can put up good numbers for a below avg team. But he just isn't enough talented to be worth it. I much rather bet on someone like Zherdev....

Old
11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Yeah, but you just don't win many cups if you have 17 of those around...

Seriously though, he ain't making up for 2 assists in 13 games with his "hard work". But I agree -- he isn't completely worthless. But we need more. Looking at how our team is constructed -- we need more players to play better hockey. There is no ifs or buts about it. And they need to play a lot better hockey. Our PP is almost close to 30%. We have had our fair share of bounces. And we are still struggling. We have a rookie D who is scoring around a PPG pace.
Now when you put those numbers up... our winning record should be better, since our PP% is ridiculously good, our D has played and produced beyond expectations, at least offensively... our real problem is our forward depth. Our guys who can "hopefully" chip in once in a while, aren't. None of them.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
NYR Viper

I would take Upshall for Higgins.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
ThirdEye

Higgins will come around. You can't label someone as a bust less than 15 games into the season. That's not say I would be opposed to trading him (especially since he will a UFA after this season), but I think he'll break out eventually. He may not play as hard as Callahan or whatever, but he has at least as much if not more talent. He's just snake-bitten right now. Also, the constant line juggling does little to help

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
If Higgins is in fact being shopped around the Rangers need to look for a finisher, whether or not he is good in other facets of the game is negligible at this point. The Rangers have 1 goal scorer on this team, 1, and I'm sure we all know who that is.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
David_99

Habs fan perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Higgins will come around. You can't label someone as a bust less than 15 games into the season.
To be fair, Higgins was never really supposed to be a scorer. For whatever reason, he only ever scored with Koivu. When Koivu would get hurt, Higgs offense would disappear. If he's not set up with an open net, he'll shoot for the logo on the goalie's chest. He's a career 3rd line PKer. He doesn't have the consistancy to be in the top 6. If you want him to score, you'll have to get Koivu from the Ducks.

This is the frustrating thing about Chris. If you don't depend on him to be a scorer, the better his defensive/PK game is. He'll probably get more short handed goals this year then 5 on 5.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
To be fair, Higgins was never really supposed to be a scorer. For whatever reason, he only ever scored with Koivu. When Koivu would get hurt, Higgs offense would disappear. If he's not set up with an open net, he'll shoot for the logo on the goalie's chest. He's a career 3rd line PKer. He doesn't have the consistancy to be in the top 6. If you want him to score, you'll have to get Koivu from the Ducks.

This is the frustrating thing about Chris. If you don't depend on him to be a scorer, the better his defensive/PK game is. He'll probably get more short handed goals this year then 5 on 5.
Ducks are struggling. How about a move to Aneheim to play with Koivu and Selanne

I would take make Artyukin

Old
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

This guy is a clown but I think Higgins' struggles wont make or break a deal. Even if Higgins was producing an average season, he is a FA after this season so he wont have a lot of worth.

He wouldnt be worth a second rounder even if he had 5 goals and 10 points at this point. The only chance we would get that high of a return is if he had 20-30-50 totals by the deadline, and with the way he's been buried on the depth chart, I just dont see him having a good statistical season.

3rd, 4th or 5th rounder and cap space is fine with me. I say get rid of him now because if he keeps this up he'll be in hartford very shortly.

huge disappointment IMO

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote