HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Babchuk to Avangard Omsk (KHL)

Old
11-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Sens1Canes2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I'd have to think Babchuk would have at least helped our PP this year. It's quite obvious that we've got a lot of passing, no shooting on the PP. Babchuk's shot would help tremendously.

Especially considering Babchuk apparently hasn't lost his touch in his transfer to the KHL. More points than anyone on the Carolina roster and only Whitney has more goals than Babchuk.

Having Babs probably wouldn't help us win many more games this year, but he certainly would have been an improvement over some of the players we're putting out there.
Yes, let's compare the NHL to the KHL. And then we can team up and go play Staal and Cole 2-on-2 at the Iceplex. I think we can take them.

Sens1Canes2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

I think you can take them.

11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Yes, let's compare the NHL to the KHL. And then we can team up and go play Staal and Cole 2-on-2 at the Iceplex. I think we can take them.
The same thing was said last year before we brought him back. He put up decent points in the KHL, but there was question whether he could put those numbers up at the NHL. He put up better numbers, and is now producing at the KHL again.

Last time I checked, the nets in the KHL were the same size at the one's in the NHL. So he can seem to find the back of the net, which is more than I can say than more than half this team.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
caniac247

Yes, b/c its the PP that is our down fall and is why we are sitting at 2-8-3. This team has way bigger issues than the PP. Sorry, but watching Babchuk spazz at right now will give me even more of a headache. He wouldn't help us defensively nor would he help us get any faster.

Now if you want to talk about someone who could help, that would be Seidenberg.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Our PP is a big reason why we're losing games. That sparkling 15% (most of which were scored in a non-PP way) clearly has no effect on our offense.

As I said, having Babchuk probably wouldn't have helped us too much considering how the team has played thus far, but considering we replaced him with a player that's just as slow without the shot, he couldn't have made the team much worse.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:17 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Babchuk is amazing. We'd be at least .500 right now if we had him and Seidenberg instead of the trainwrecks that are Ward and Wallin.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

I miss the Anton Bomb

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote