HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On a Brighter Note

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2004, 10:11 PM
fredez

vCash: 500
On a Brighter Note

As we all know the Hamilton Bulldogs are having a nightmarish season and Kyle Chipchura is injured for the whole season.

But what's the problem? Why not try to see the positive points in all this mess?

-Do you guys remember we got the big centerman we dreamed about for years? Hey guys, Radek Bonk is now a Habs property didn't you know? He was the number one centerman on a contender team so I guess he might have a pretty positive impact on the team.

-Jan Bulis is averaging a point per game in the Czech League. Maybe he finally found his finishing touch and can translate that in the NHL.

-Richard Zednik struggled a bit in the Slovak League with something like 6 points in 12 games but we all knew Z would get on a hot streak, no? He now has 13 pts in 19gms with 44 PIMS.

-Michael Ryder is an absolute force in the Sweden Second League with 24 pts in 14 gms.

-Our little favorite sparkplug Steve Bégin is succesfully recovering from his shoulder injury and could probably play if the NHL starts on February 1st like reported.

-The majority of our prospects are having from decent to pretty good seasons and others will probably get back on track pretty soon.

When the NHL starts I think we'll have a very solid team and it's a guarantee we'll make the playoffs. Look at our team :

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Perezhogin
Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom
Bégin-Plekanec-Ward
Spares : Higgins-Dagenais

Souray-Komisarek
Rivet-Markov
Brisebois-Hainsey
Spares : Bouillon-Focht

Theodore-Huet

Only imagine if we sign Kovalev, we are going to be a monster team. But don't take this thread too serioulsly, it's just to revive and make happy again the depressed Habs fan like myself.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Your right on buddy. Everything has been so negative of late. Its good to see some positives....

Old
12-05-2004, 10:20 PM
whitecalvus

Until there's a NHL season, all those positives are just a slap to the face.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TEE
Until there's a NHL season, all those positives are just a slap to the face.
Why?

Old
12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
whitecalvus

it's simple.. hearing about all of these positives makes me want to watch NHL hockey, but that as we all no there is no season (yet). So it's like you're all hyped up for something, but then reality sets in, and the reality is that there is no season and we're less an 10 days from Dec 15th.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
It is good for us and as well for many other NHL organisations because the players have a chance to recover and maybe take some time to think about what they can improve in their game.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
saskhab

Just to throw a little negative in here... if the NHL started on Feb. 1, there's no guarantee that Komi would be healthy.

And people keep forgetting (and I understand why) that we still have Karl Dykhuis as a potential spare...

And Perezhogin, to avoid the NHL disciplanary committee, might just stay in Russia until next season.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Just to throw a little negative in here... if the NHL started on Feb. 1, there's no guarantee that Komi would be healthy.

And people keep forgetting (and I understand why) that we still have Karl Dykhuis as a potential spare...

And Perezhogin, to avoid the NHL disciplanary committee, might just stay in Russia until next season.

Have you seen the way Karl Dykhuis plays as of late?

The guys lost his touch big time. Hes getting old, and man are his skills ever diminising.....Ive always though he was overated anyways.

Sure he could fill in, but hes not exactly a quality filler that can be depended on.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Have you seen the way Karl Dykhuis plays as of late?

The guys lost his touch big time. Hes getting old, and man are his skills ever diminising.....Ive always though he was overated anyways.

Sure he could fill in, but hes not exactly a quality filler that can be depended on.

Where is the guy playing? he's not in Hamilton as far as I know

Old
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
Im not quite sure to be honest. ECHL?

Old
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
saskhab

Quote:
He's locked out. Not playing anywhere as far as I can tell.

I know Dykhuis is as good as done with us, but we do still have him, and considering his salary ($1.7m) and experience, he will get some consideration. He's our #8, which is where he ended up last year.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:46 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TEE
it's simple.. hearing about all of these positives makes me want to watch NHL hockey, but that as we all no there is no season (yet). So it's like you're all hyped up for something, but then reality sets in, and the reality is that there is no season and we're less an 10 days from Dec 15th.
I know but I'm an eternal optimist and I'm telling you right now that there will be hockey this year. I thought like that since Day 1 of the lockout and not being able to support the Habs has been less painful than I expected.

Saskhab : If Komi isn't healthy, there is tons of possiblities. Bouillon, Hainsey, Focht, Dykhuis or maybe even Streit (who knows) can step up. And I think Dykhuis is a decent spare.

If Perezhogin can't play, try Dagenais. I know everybody hates him but I think that he's very capable of filling the 2nd line spot and score numerous goals with his pal Mike. If he can't do the job, move Bonk on the 2nd line and plug Higgins on the 4th.

Old
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM
whitecalvus

[QUOTE=fredez]I know but I'm an eternal optimist and I'm telling you right now that there will be hockey this year. I thought like that since Day 1 of the lockout and not being able to support the Habs has been less painful than I expected.QUOTE]

Guess we'll see for certain on Thursday after the meeting...

Old
12-05-2004, 10:55 PM
fredez

Quote:
He's playing with La Caravane MacDonald and believe it or not he is playing pretty well from what I saw from highlights on RDS.

BIgTEE : Yes, let's hope for the best...

Old
12-05-2004, 11:01 PM
whitecalvus

lol.. yes I'm hoping for the best, but if this meeting fails to result in something positive all hope is lost for this season.

Old
12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
I know but I'm an eternal optimist and I'm telling you right now that there will be hockey this year. I thought like that since Day 1 of the lockout and not being able to support the Habs has been less painful than I expected.

Saskhab : If Komi isn't healthy, there is tons of possiblities. Bouillon, Hainsey, Focht, Dykhuis or maybe even Streit (who knows) can step up. And I think Dykhuis is a decent spare.

If Perezhogin can't play, try Dagenais. I know everybody hates him but I think that he's very capable of filling the 2nd line spot and score numerous goals with his pal Mike. If he can't do the job, move Bonk on the 2nd line and plug Higgins on the 4th.
We'd lose a lot of physical play with no Komi and Q, but I guess Focht could be the guy that replaces that with Komi out. I still don't think our D will be a problem, but having a big guy is a neccessity. I too think Dykhuis is a decent spare, and the only reason he didn't play last year was because he didn't fit with the team's plans, and his salary made him too expensive to move. Might not be as hard in his final year, who knows.

I think Dagenais will be in our opening night lineup. But we will need some people signed b/c our depth at forward sure isn't enough to have a good mix of 14 possibilities and some possible callups.

What's Koivu's health status?

I think we have enough for a playoff spot, but not a lot more. No home advantage, that's for sure.

Closed Thread