HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

CAINS?!?!?! vs sanjose

Old
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
knucklehead3k
Go Ontario Blizzards

vCash: 500
i was stunned to hear during a recent broadcast that the canes are the oldest squad in the league.
that, coupled with the fact we have the fewest goals in the nhl and have given up the most = nothing good.

knucklehead3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
one of the dumbest plays I've seen in 20 years of watching hockey... Joni is a ****ing idiot

Gotta disagree with ya... It may not have been the most brilliant move he's ever made but he would be very close to the top in my books of players we have on our team. Yes, Ward and Staal are supposed to be awesome and yet I have yet to see that from them so far this year. Ward has had his good games, but as far as making those big saves when you need to he hasn't. I also realize that much of that has to do with the defense in front of him.

Don't get me wrong, Joni can pull some real no-brainers. However, for me, he has been one of the few bright spots on our team so far this year...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

It's not Pitkanens fault that Ward doesn't know how to breakout of his own zone.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

he was a bright spot before the last 3 games... He's been a complete moron afraid of any contact since... I see why his previous fan bases hate him

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
canesrun

Pitkanen's passing and skating are light years ahead of his teammates...some of these comments are moronic...

canesrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesrun View Post
Pitkanen's passing and skating are light years ahead of his teammates...some of these comments are moronic...

Totally agree... When we accidentally have a good play on the ice it can more often than not be traced back to a good play by Joni.

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

Quote:
Stolen GDT, completely expected it...

Nice job Kaberlay
No problem bud

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

so for the rebuild my opinion is we should keep ruutu, jokinen, pitkanen (ok, so the finnish olympic team lol), Wardo, Sutter, MAYBE staal, and gleason....everyone else can go in my mind....bring up the other kids, sign 1 or 2 big name guys with the money we would save, and we could realistically field a good team. better than what we got right now.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
caniac247

Quote:
one of the dumbest plays I've seen in 20 years of watching hockey... Joni is a ****ing idiot
Disagree. I think that was more of disgust on Joni's part. He and Sutter seem to the be the only ones that know what the ***** their doing.

I think Luke summed it up pretty well:

Quote:
Even before giving up two goals in 82 seconds Sunday, mere moments after scoring the game's first goal, the cracks in the facade were in plain view as the celebration of Ray Whitney's 1,000th game became an exhibition of why the Hurricanes are the second-worst team in the NHL and have the fewest points in franchise history through 13 games.

Five minutes into the 5-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks, as the Hurricanes tried to get in position for a controlled breakout, Joni Pitkanen got tired of waiting behind the net for his teammates to get into position. He fired the puck up the boards and out of the zone, throwing it away in an indictment of the Hurricanes' grasp of the basics of the game, from teamwork to effort to passing to patience, as they failed to execute one of the most routine plays in hockey.

It was not an isolated incident. In the second period, a lone San Jose forechecker provoked Niclas Wallin and Joe Corvo into icing the puck. That defensive pair would later make a fundamental coverage mistake, but so would the other two.

Last edited by caniac247: 11-01-2009 at 08:37 PM.
caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Seguin/Hall/Fowler will look good in a Canes jersey.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
You're right that it's one of the dumbest plays in the last 20 years... but the stupidity wasn't on the part of Joni.

Ward and the forwards did absolutely nothing to help him on the play. How frigin hard is it from them to skate just a bit to get into position for a breakout from the defensive zone? Instead Ward just stands there and does abso****inglutely nothing but mouth off at Joni.

If anything we need more players like Joni and Sutter that actually give a damn out there.

This has to be the worst coached and worst lead team in the entire league right now for this kind of travesty to be happening. Instead of improving like all other teams in the league have been doing, this team has been at best stagnating if not full out regressing.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I agree the others were at fault, but you DON'T just fire the puck up the boards to create a turnover and a free shot on goal... Skate it out of your own end at worst...

I think Joni is the ONLY skill player we have on the entire roster, so I'm certainly not downing his game, but what he did was inexcusable to be honest

Old
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
I agree the others were at fault, but you DON'T just fire the puck up the boards to create a turnover and a free shot on goal... Skate it out of your own end at worst...

I think Joni is the ONLY skill player we have on the entire roster, so I'm certainly not downing his game, but what he did was inexcusable to be honest
Sometimes it's worth trying to send a message in a situation like that.

The sad part is that nobody seemed to get it. Instead he gets in Joni's face.

That's why we have a Captain........wait, do we have a Captain? Ah, yes, that's the guy that just keeps saying we're playing well, or that things will get better when we win more games.

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
He got it out of the zone. No harm, no foul.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

why do i have a bad feeling that whatever happens this season, we havent seen the last of babchuck?

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 11:14 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Quote:
That didn't happen.

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 06:42 AM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
What were you watching? He didn't create a turnover and a free shot on goal.

Sheesh.

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
He got it out of the zone. No harm, no foul.
No he didn't, it led to a point blank shot on Cam that they just happen to miss... It did NOT clear the zone

Old
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
No he didn't, it led to a point blank shot on Cam that they just happen to miss... It did NOT clear the zone
Yes it did, which is why the whistle was blown as soon as Couture shot the puck. The play was offside.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Yes it did, which is why the whistle was blown as soon as Couture shot the puck. The play was offside.
OK, I didn't realize that when at the game, or forgot, but look at the play, if it doesn't get 1" outside the zone, look what it would have created?

It was NOT the right play, plus if it gets by the man at the point, it's probably icing... I just thought Joni got frustrated and made a bonehead play that nearly led to a point blank shot..

Old
11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidQueen View Post
What were you watching? He didn't create a turnover and a free shot on goal.

Sheesh.
Sorry, ur right, the puck went one inch outside the zone so the point blank shot that it created didn't count... Thank god it went an inch outside the zone

Old
11-02-2009, 11:08 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Maybe that was Joni's plan all along?

HmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSTAALed View Post
Maybe that was Joni's plan all along?

HmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Joni's plan was the clear the zone... but, only three things could have happened all equally likely to happen... 2 of which were bad... It's just a difference of opinion between you and me I guess... I just don't like the chance he took... I'd rather he had skate to the left around the net himself.. Oh well, there are MANY worse things to ***** about than this move

Old
11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
OK, I didn't realize that when at the game, or forgot, but look at the play, if it doesn't get 1" outside the zone, look what it would have created?

It was NOT the right play, plus if it gets by the man at the point, it's probably icing... I just thought Joni got frustrated and made a bonehead play that nearly led to a point blank shot..
The puck was shot around the boards to Ruutu, who actually touches the puck. Then the San Jose player (can't figure out who) knocks the puck back into the zone and creates the offside.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

Jay Harrison was waived today:

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMckenzie

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote