HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Gainey need to make a move? (Trade Proposal Thread)

View Poll Results: You're Bob Gainey - what do you do?
Make that Lecavalier trade - sure it'll cost a lot, but he can lead us to glory 28 21.37%
Trade for Peter Mueller - he's started slowly, he's big, and he's got a good touch around the net 29 22.14%
Sign Shanahan - sure he's old, but he can still score and he can help our awful PP 4 3.05%
Go after Ryan Clowe - He's big and he scores goals 22 16.79%
Trade for Cam Barker - big defenceman who can shoot from the point and he's on a reasonable contract 48 36.64%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Does Gainey need to make a move? (Trade Proposal Thread)

I like having Lapierre on the 2nd line because of the space he creates for Plekanec. But Andrei Kostitsyn is clearly struggling. He has had certain chances to score, and he hasnt. He is having trouble getting is shot through. He simply doesn't have the work ethic or hockey sense to get into the open spaces. Should we adress this issue from within? Example: David Desharnais when healthy, or even Brock Trotter? Or do we have to go out and make a deal for a player like Ray Whitney? Maybe a guy like Recchi. We need players with good hockey sense and experience. Someone to compliment Tomas Plekanec. Because clearly he is proving he is good enough to be a 80 point player. However, he needs someone who can compliment him properly. Frolov is out there and so is Patrick Sharp. I think Sharp would be a perfect compliment to Tomas, however it would cause us cap problems for next season. Thoughts?

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
I like having Lapierre on the 2nd line because of the space he creates for Plekanec. But Andrei Kostitsyn is clearly struggling. He has had certain chances to score, and he hasnt. He is having trouble getting is shot through. He simply doesn't have the work ethic or hockey sense to get into the open spaces. Should we adress this issue from within? Example: David Desharnais when healthy, or even Brock Trotter? Or do we have to go out and make a deal for a player like Ray Whitney? Maybe a guy like Recchi. We need players with good hockey sense and experience. Someone to compliment Tomas Plekanec. Because clearly he is proving he is good enough to be a 80 point player. However, he needs someone who can compliment him properly. Frolov is out there and so is Patrick Sharp. I think Sharp would be a perfect compliment to Tomas, however it would cause us cap problems for next season. Thoughts?
DD is too small
Trotter isn't skilled enough
Whitney isn't being traded before his 1000th game and if he is traded won't be till the deadline.
Recchi re-signed in Boston for a reason.
Frolov is turning it around and the same as Whitney, probably won't be traded till the deadline, that's only if La feels they can't reach an extension.
Sharp won't be traded until the off-season if he's traded at all. He can, however be traded now and that's only if we were offering a younger and cheaper player that is equal, or better than Sharp. We don't have that, so Sharp isn't coming.

Pleks isn't an 80 point guy. He has to keep this pace up all year and I doubt he will.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
snakeye

D'agostini perhaps?

Or why not the put the best offensive players after our top 3 on his line? Metropolit - Plekanec - Moen. I know Metro is a center, but it's worth a try. Would be a killer defensive line as well.

Last edited by snakeye: 11-02-2009 at 01:56 PM.
snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I think it's 100% sure that Gainey will do something about it sooner rather than later.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
couris

Maybe Cole if Carolina keeps playing bad.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
DD is too small
Trotter isn't skilled enough
Whitney isn't being traded before his 1000th game and if he is traded won't be till the deadline.
Recchi re-signed in Boston for a reason.
Frolov is turning it around and the same as Whitney, probably won't be traded till the deadline, that's only if La feels they can't reach an extension.
Sharp won't be traded until the off-season if he's traded at all. He can, however be traded now and that's only if we were offering a younger and cheaper player that is equal, or better than Sharp. We don't have that, so Sharp isn't coming.

Pleks isn't an 80 point guy. He has to keep this pace up all year and I doubt he will.
Pleks is showing he has exceptional vision and playmaking skills. He just needs the right player to play with. If not he may never be that 80 point player. Look at Ribs when he began playing with Morrow.

Old
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

No Recchi is just horrible this season, ask any Bruins fan ! I do agree that we need another top 6 forward. Sergei can't be it because he would have been recalled by now.
I am also sure BG will make a move soon ! When Oby gets back maybe, i am thinking Gorges will be returning out west.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
stanley25

I've been telling my friends this since the preseason even with andrei we still need another top 6 for this team to be succesful. I would love frolov or sharp I think pleks would compliment them just fine as they are good defensivly. I think another star winger wit pleks mite even wake up andrei but in that case what would we have to trade for this player and would it put us in a bigger hole who knows? but bob definatly has to figure out something for the habs to be a good playoff team
Posted via Mobile Device

stanley25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

2 words for you, Nathan Horton.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Maybe Cole if Carolina keeps playing bad.
You think Latendresse is slow...Cole is done! Since his injuries he can hardly walk let alone skate.
Laraque would give him a good run

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

You think he would deal Gorges? He is cheap and respected in the room. He is good friends with Price. I dont know if they would want to take away that comfortabilty factor. Picking up Samuelsson would have been a good idea.

Old
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
That is actually interesting. But he is known to have a bad attitude. But he is a powe forward with speed. I know its been discussed around here. Andrei for Horton. How about: Kostitsyn + Kostitsyn + Weber for Horton + Repik?

Old
11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Quote:
That is actually interesting. But he is known to have a bad attitude. But he is a powe forward with speed. I know its been discussed around here. Andrei for Horton. How about: Kostitsyn + Kostitsyn + Weber for Horton + Repik?
One word for you all !

CAP

Nathan Horton would no doubt help out, but BG would have to perform $$ miracles ( 4 million $ miracle ).

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
One word for you all !

CAP

Nathan Horton would no doubt help out, but BG would have to perform $$ miracles ( 4 million $ miracle ).
I think it would fit just in since AK46 is making around 3.25 Millions if Im not mistaken. And we still have a little cap room. I'm not saying this is the guy that we should get but if we trade AK we have a little room.

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Give me Mr Underrated.

Ray Whitney. Get er done bob.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
1 Word for you: Floater.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Magic33

Even if A.Kost were producing, I still think we need a top 6 forward.

Camm - Gomez - Gionta
XXXX - Pleks - A.kost

Lapierre isnt a top 6 forward. For now he'll do but we need someone else. Whitney would be sweet, Patrick Sharp, anyone who can be a top 6 guy.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Captain Saku

6 words for you guys:

We need two top 6 forwards!

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
You think he would deal Gorges? He is cheap and respected in the room. He is good friends with Price. I dont know if they would want to take away that comfortabilty factor. Picking up Samuelsson would have been a good idea.
He is playing big minutes for Canucks right now...solid pp and pk can be a top 6 easily and he is only making 2.5M a year, a steal.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
habtastic

this whole problem could disappear if Dago and Akost play to their potential. Obviously Akost is going into disaster mode, but it doesn't necessarily mean he can't break out any day now. D'Ago has been ok so far. Not great, not horrible. I really think that he is underacheiving though. We have two snipers on that line who either just can't bury it or can't get set up to have enough time to do their thing. We really need them to up their games big time. Lappy belongs on the 3rd line. He's effective there as a center although that alters the Chip/Metro role.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
there is no way dags is currently a top6 player.. maybe next year if he can comeback and continue on his trend before the injury, he was really coming to his own..

but we absolutely need a top 6 now, and hopefully a player that will click with «kost..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Clumsyhab

Patrick Marleau would have been nice. Funny some of us didn't even want him and he's now a Hart/Selke candidate after 15 games.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
habtastic

For sure Dags is not playing like a top 6 right now. Don't you think, though, that he COULD be a top 6 (as in he has the skills)? Sometimes things turn around really quickly. Remember his first 4 games here? I think he's a project, but I am blindly hoping that all of a sudden he regains his offensive talent. Same with Andrei obviously.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
We don't need that panzy underachiever.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old