Just wanted to give all you guys an update on what's going on behind the scenes of the HFNHL. We're rapidly moving forward towards the new season and since you guys have been patient, I figured you deserved an update.
1. We are moving to the new SIM, the STHS. New software for it comes out in a few weeks time, and not long after that point, we'll be likely to make the full switch over to give everyone (who wasn't a part of Tiger Team) a look at it. It appears to be great and we're excited.
2. We have nearly completed the ratings for the 2009-10 season. The skater ratings are nearly complete (with Ville and Tony hard at work on the Scoring and Passing ratings). The goaltender ratings are also nearly complete. And we have our coaches ratings. I would say that sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, we'll be releasing the new ratings to you.
3. As you've already noticed, we've hired new DoPP's, Sean K and Tony. I'm sure we all look forward to them approving our trades.
4. With the HFNHL Roll Call, we're trying to establish whether we need to be making any personnel changes. Obviously, we aren't going to condemn anyone for lack of participation in our yearly lull (ratings completion), but at the same time as we near to season kick-off, we want to know who's currently around. It does appear that we'll have to make one GM change though (Philadelphia), so if you know of any great GM's, forward this information on to Mr. Gledhill.
5. Taking all this information into consideration, we should be able to start the season by the end of October, beginning of November. Which is great timing IMO.
Thanks for hanging with us guys, and does anyone have any questions?
Just a caveat when GMs are looking over the new ratings set -- this is a different sim, and the ratings don't compare apples to apples with FHL. When trying to get a sense of relative values of ratings, I would suggest making comparisons within the ratings set between players whose skills you are pretty sure of.