HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor Vs Supreme

Old
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
brown4king

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor Vs Supreme

hey guys, tell me what skate you use and why... which one wins the mirror test?

brown4king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Rugs by Resch

Vapor is pimped as more of the speed and quickness brand by Bauer while the supreme is more of the power brand. I dont know if thats just marketing or its true but both of them look great. I usually get the newest equipment out which would now be te x-60. All of that stuf looks awesome.

Rugs by Resch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 07:17 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

They have different fits. Unless you're going custom, the mirror test means squat.

The mirror test is pretty much always a moronic consideration for hockey equipment anyway.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugs by Resch View Post
Vapor is pimped as more of the speed and quickness brand by Bauer while the supreme is more of the power brand. I dont know if thats just marketing or its true but both of them look great. I usually get the newest equipment out which would now be te x-60. All of that stuf looks awesome.
Their website had stated in the past when I saw it that the Vapor was more of a feel type stick for playmaking and the Supreme was setup for load in the shaft for shooting slapshots and the like.

.... if you put any merit into that sort of thing.

I have heard great things about how good a shot it is from people who use the Supreme.

EDIT: OH HAHA I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT STICKS!
My big dumb ass will be leaving the thread now .... thank you.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 11-03-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
shoeshine boy

pretty sure the original poster was talking skates not sticks. anyway, I'm in a unique position to answer this. I've been skating in a Bauer Vapor 8 for almost 10 years.

I recently took advantage of a great deal on NikeBauer Supreme 70 skates:

from the first time I put them on I noticed a significant difference in fit and pitch and a very different feel on the ice. I'm sure I'll get used to them but I also purchased a pair of NikeBaur Vapor XXXX on clearance, just in case.
the other thing I noticed when trying on a friend's Vapor XXV skates is that the newer Vapors seem to be about a half size bigger than the ones made 8-10 years ago. something about the toecap seems roomier.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote