HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Ducks @ Coyotes (10/31/09)

Old
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I LOVE how last night's poll question was "Which team is the Coyote's biggest rival?", and the Ducks won by a pretty good margin. Funny, ALL SIX Ducks games are local blackouts, this season.

It's almost less frustrating and more embarrassing.
I don't buy into non-scientific polls. IMO The Coyotes don't even have an arch rival at this point. Detroit vs Colorado ( in the earlier years ) Rangers vs Islanders, Rangers vs Devils, now those are real rivals.

Real rivalries are where teams have a absolute hate for each others players and the team. If anything what we saw last Saturday could lead to a rivalry like Detroit vs Colorado.

I would love to see Bryz and go at it with either Hiller or JS Gigure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I don't buy into non-scientific polls. IMO The Coyotes don't even have an arch rival at this point. Detroit vs Colorado ( in the earlier years ) Rangers vs Islanders, Rangers vs Devils, now those are real rivals.

Real rivalries are where teams have a absolute hate for each others players and the team. If anything what we saw last Saturday could lead to a rivalry like Detroit vs Colorado.

I would love to see Bryz and go at it with either Hiller or JS Gigure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Those polls always go the way of who they are playing that night. Like in the Detroit game, the question was "best dynasty" and Detroit got like 50%. Other teams on the list? Islanders and Oilers.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Agreed. I hate the Ducks more than any other team in our division, though. So, if I had to vote, it would be Anaheim. I think most of us would agree. Kind of sucky that we won't get to see any road games against the Ducks.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Those polls always go the way of who they are playing that night. Like in the Detroit game, the question was "best dynasty" and Detroit got like 50%. Other teams on the list? Islanders and Oilers.
Last night we played the Kings. The Ducks won the poll.

Old
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Last night we played the Kings. The Ducks won the poll.
After that Doan hit you are surprised?

Old
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
After that Doan hit you are surprised?
I am not but I think that is why Doan got hit. For the last two years we have played the Ducks more chippy and nasty then any other team. These two teams do not like eachother and it is obvious.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
I am not but I think that is why Doan got hit. For the last two years we have played the Ducks more chippy and nasty then any other team. These two teams do not like eachother and it is obvious.
To be honest I just haven't seen it, I agree it's probably more intense than Dallas or something but I just see it as not overly significant. Maybe after this Saturday I'll change my mind.

Old
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
Exactly. It goes way, way back. We lost a game seven to them, and it's gone from there. The Doan/Vishnevsky incident and a few years later the Fedoruk/Nedved incident didn't help things. Now, I'm sure this whole Wisniewski thing is going to stoke the flame a bit. We lost track of the rivalry for some time because the Ducks got really good and we got really bad. It's hard to have a heated rivalry when the games aren't even competitive. Now, we're probably going to be neck and neck with them down the stretch towards the post-season. Good thing all the games are blacked out.