HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2009 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2009, 08:04 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

vCash: 500
Popov is a killer. Absolute sniper.

10-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

In 54 KHL games played last season:
4 G - 5 A - 9 P

In 17 KHL games played this season:
9 G - 5 A - 14 P

It's another forward for the Flyers to look into, especially if he really is breaking out big-time in Russia.
A thing I'd like to point out too is his versatility. He plays in a no-centers line (never been a fan of them), plays center, scores goals, defends, plays PP and PK. He's having a monster season so far.
Yesterday he scored a beauty, puck in the slot he was free arriving at top speed and with a great wrist shot he put the puck just behind the crossbar for a cool top shelf goal.

10-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Well on our Russian radar Popov and Bodrov may be doing complete 180's through the course of this season. Popov has to keep up his game though. This might just be a flash in the pan, but 17 games is a long time to hold down that kind of pace unless you have all the ability to continue it.
Bodrov's team fired his head coach. We'll see what happens

Old
10-28-2009, 06:32 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Bodrov's team fired his head coach. We'll see what happens
Thanks for the info. Even if this means an increased role for Bodrov, it doesn't necessarily means he's earned it yet.

He hasn't really been given much of a chance since being traded has he?

Old
10-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

He has had. His involution has been incredible in the past 2-3 years.

Old
10-28-2009, 08:19 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Prospects of Interest

I've been thinking about doing this every once in a while, kind of when I feel like I have something to talk about (maybe around the end of every month) to give everyone a feel of what's going on. Focusing a bit on our goalies this time with a few others added.

Good:
Joacim Eriksson - 6th in AllSven in both GAA (2.36) and sv% (0.924). He's 5th in average shots faced per game with 29. His move up to the AllSven has not seemed to set him back at all.

Adam Morrison - He faced 40 shots twice this year. First time (season opener) he gave up 1 goal, and the second time (two games ago) he gave up 6. He has since rebounded well and gave up only 2 in the last game. His GAA/sv% stands at 2.77/0.914 with a record of 5-2-1 in the month of October.

Andrei Popov - 10 goals and 5 assists in 18 games. He currently leads his team in scoring. Alessandro mentioned above that he's showing versatility. Basically he's doing it all right now for his KHL team: PP, PK, EV, etc.

Kevin Marshall - 2nd highest +/- among Phantoms defenders behind Mormina. He has an assist (but who cares) and 10 PIMs. He's playing fairly well though the team is kind of up and down in the win-loss.

Marc-Andre Bourdon - Didn't have the greatest camp, but the organization really likes him. He doesn't really jump out offensively with only 2 assists, but he's played 3 less games than basically everyone else thanks to the call-up. His defense isn't nearly as bad as people expected. He's doing well and is a +1, right behind Marshall.

Decent:
Brad Phillips - Look at the big man on campus. Starting once again apparently since missing all last year with that injury. 4 GP with 1-3 record, but he's not to blame. 2.27/0.918. ND seems terrible this year. They even lost to Jared Ross' old team Alabama-Huntsville. It was like their Super Bowl.

Jacob DeSerres - Change of scenery working? 3 games with the Thunderbirds he was 5.00/0.851. 2 games with the Wheat Kings he is 2.40/0.909. Not great, but MUCH better. I think someone in this thread said that he's "dangerously close to being a non-prospect?"

Zac Rinaldo - Well, in two more games than Kadri he only has two less points. Doesn't really look like a break out year for him. He's pacing the same as last season pretty much, including PIMs.

Dave Labrecque - Doesn't look like he's going to be breaking out some incredible offensive skills in the Q. Pacing about the same as always. The undrafted 19-year-old Pierre-Alexandre Vandall is doing some crazy things in the offensive zone though for the team.

LoS:
Denis Bodrov - "His involution has been incredible in the past 2-3 years." -Alessandro Seren Rosso. Think of this as a major implosion I guess. It's not looking good. He isn't used regularly or on PP/PK. He does have 1 goal in the 11 games he's skated but is a -2 which is tied for 2nd worst among blueliners on the team.

Last edited by CS: 10-28-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Prospects of Interest

I've been thinking about doing this every once in a while, kind of when I feel like I have something to talk about (maybe around the end of every month) to give everyone a feel of what's going on. Focusing a bit on our goalies this time with a few others added.

Good:
Joacim Eriksson - 6th in AllSven in both GAA (2.36) and sv% (0.924). He's 5th in average shots faced per game with 29. His move up to the AllSven has not seemed to set him back at all.

Adam Morrison - He faced 40 shots twice this year. First time (season opener) he gave up 1 goal, and the second time (two games ago) he gave up 6. He has since rebounded well and gave up only 2 in the last game. His GAA/sv% stands at 2.77/0.914 with a record of 5-2.

Andrei Popov - 10 goals and 5 assists in 18 games. He currently leads his team in scoring. Alessandro mentioned above that he's showing versatility. Basically he's doing it all right now for his KHL team: PP, PK, EV, etc.

Kevin Marshall - 2nd highest +/- among Phantoms defenders behind Mormina. He has an assist (but who cares) and 10 PIMs. He's playing fairly well though the team is kind of up and down in the win-loss.

Marc-Andre Bourdon - Didn't have the greatest camp, but the organization really likes him. He doesn't really jump out offensively with only 2 assists, but he's played 3 less games than basically everyone else thanks to the call-up. His defense isn't nearly as bad as people expected. He's doing well and is a +1, right behind Marshall.

Decent:
Brad Phillips - Look at the big man on campus. Starting once again apparently since missing all last year with that injury. 4 GP with 1-3 record, but he's not to blame. 2.27/0.918. ND seems terrible this year. They even lost to Jared Ross' old team Alabama-Huntsville. It was like their Super Bowl.

Jacob DeSerres - Change of scenery working? 3 games with the Thunderbirds he was 5.00/0.851. 2 games with the Wheat Kings he is 2.40/0.909. Not great, but MUCH better. I think someone in this thread said that he's "dangerously close to being a non-prospect?"

Zac Rinaldo - Well, in two more games than Kadri he only has two less points. Doesn't really look like a break out year for him. He's pacing the same as last season pretty much, including PIMs.

Dave Labrecque - Doesn't look like he's going to be breaking out some incredible offensive skills in the Q. Pacing about the same as always. The undrafted 19-year-old Pierre-Alexandre Vandall is doing some crazy things in the offensive zone though for the team.

LoS:
Denis Bodrov - "His involution has been incredible in the past 2-3 years." -Alessandro Seren Rosso. Think of this as a major implosion I guess. It's not looking good. He isn't used regularly or on PP/PK. He does have 1 goal in the 11 games he's skated but is a -2 which is tied for 2nd worst among blueliners on the team.
Nice read. Only thing is that Morrison's GAA is 2.46 and his record is 7-3-2. For the month he is 5-2-1 with a GAA of 2.71

Old
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Nice read. Only thing is that Morrison's GAA is 2.46 and his record is 7-3-2. For the month he is 5-2-1 with a GAA of 2.71
Hmmm. I see that now. The site I was using for his stats had October and September separately. Didn't realize that when I looked over at the totals at the bottom.

Guess I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Old
10-30-2009, 07:19 AM
SChan*

Bertilsson is a regular in SEL now and might make WJC. We'll see.

Old
10-30-2009, 11:14 PM
DoctorDoak

Huge night for Eric Wellwood. 4 goals in a 7-4 Windsor win over Sault Ste. Marie.

Old
10-31-2009, 08:26 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 4800
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
DeSerres was in net for a 2-1 loss to Kootenay.

Wellwood as mentioned is putting together a nice season so far, 20 points in 16 games.

Rinaldo, Hostetter were both held pointless.

Labrecque had a goal in Shawinigans 5-3 win yesterday. He currently has 13 points in 15 games.

Old
11-01-2009, 11:20 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Hostetter had an assist in an Erie loss

Wellwood held pointless in a Windsor loss

Morrison was in net for a 4-3 Saskatoon win

Old
11-01-2009, 11:43 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
That was me and I stand by that until he shows worthy of consideration. 2 games isn't enough. He got drafted and then lost his job to a 16YO rookie and seemed to have done little to nothing about it.

Old
11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Season updates for notable prospects:

G Adam Morrison: 8-3-2 2.50 GAA, .913 SV%

G Jacob DeSerres: 1-4-1 3.66 GAA .854 SV%

G Joacim Eriksson: 14GM 2.41 GAA .925 SV%

G Brad Phillips: 1-3-1 2.20 GAA .922 SV%

D Simon Bertilsson: 0G 0A 27PIM

D Denis Bodrov: 0G 0A -2 6PIM

D Marc-Andre Bourdon: 6GM 0G 2A +2 4PIM

D Kevin Marshall: 10GM 1G 0A +1 14PIM

D Joonas Lehtivuori: 6GM 0G 1A -2 2PIM

D Tyler Hostetter: 15GM 0G 10A -7 13PIM

C David Labrecque: 16GM 5G 8A 13PTS -10 29PIM

LW Pat Maroon: 10GM 2G 4A 6PTS -1 12PIM

C Jonathan Matsumoto: 10GM 4G 6A 10PTS +4 6PIM

RW Andreas Nodl: 10GM 2G 1A 3PTS -2 4PIM

RW Andrei Popov: 18GM 10G 6A 16PTS 14PIM

C Zac Rinaldo: 15GM 4G 3A 7PTS 62PIM

LW Eric Wellwood: 17GM 11G 9A 20PTS +16 6PIM

RW Stefan Legein: 10GM 3G 1A 4PTS -2 5PIM

Old
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Season updates for notable prospects:

G Adam Morrison: 8-3-2 2.50 GAA, .913 SV%

G Jacob DeSerres: 1-4-1 3.66 GAA .854 SV%

G Joacim Eriksson: 14GM 2.41 GAA .925 SV%

G Brad Phillips: 1-3-1 2.20 GAA .922 SV%
I'm really liking our goalie prospects more and more.

Old
11-03-2009, 11:25 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Adam Morrison sure gets me excited.

I'd love to find some clips of him. Nothing on Youtube.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Nodl 3 points? I thought this guy was the next Vanek.

Old
11-03-2009, 04:04 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I hate Nodl

Old
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Prospects of Interest

Good:

Adam Morrison - He faced 40 shots twice this year. First time (season opener) he gave up 1 goal, and the second time (two games ago) he gave up 6. He has since rebounded well and gave up only 2 in the last game. His GAA/sv% stands at 2.77/0.914 with a record of 5-2-1 in the month of October.

Decent:

LoS:
I really appreciate the update. I'm not able to keep on prospects on my own so I really do appreciate it. I would like it if you kept up with the pseudo-updates.

I really like our goalie prospect pool. To be honest I wasn't even aware that we had a goalie named Phillips.

I never expected Bodrov to turn into anything really so I'm not surprised. I'm hoping Popov can turn into something eventually.

How's Sinisalo been doing?

Old
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I really appreciate the update. I'm not able to keep on prospects on my own so I really do appreciate it. I would like it if you kept up with the pseudo-updates.

I really like our goalie prospect pool. To be honest I wasn't even aware that we had a goalie named Phillips.

I never expected Bodrov to turn into anything really so I'm not surprised. I'm hoping Popov can turn into something eventually.

How's Sinisalo been doing?
I actually dont think that Sinisalo is a Flyers prospects. Personally I thought he did well during rookie camp from what I saw and his first phantoms game he scored, but I heard they released him. Kinda surprised but figures since he is alittle older then our prospects.

Old
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I actually dont think that Sinisalo is a Flyers prospects. Personally I thought he did well during rookie camp from what I saw and his first phantoms game he scored, but I heard they released him. Kinda surprised but figures since he is alittle older then our prospects.
Yeah, I was a little shocked too that they released him. I kind of liked him actually. He had quite a bit of speed to work with.

Old
11-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I hate Nodl
Haha, you said what I've been thinking. I don't think there's much there, to be honest. I was unimpressed last year - horrible defense and no offense to speak of. Looks like not much has changed.

Old
11-04-2009, 06:56 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

What is LoS?

Old
11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
What is LoS?
Took the idea from the game puck thread. I thought it was a perfect description for Bodrov lately.

Old
11-04-2009, 07:22 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Took the idea from the game puck thread. I thought it was a perfect description for Bodrov lately.
What does it mean though?

Closed Thread