HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-4

Old
11-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Defense today at practice
Paul Mara - Jaroslav Spacek
Josh Gorges - Mathieu Carle
Marc-André Bergeron - Roman Hamrlik

MAB with Hamrlik thank you Martin.

and Kostitsyn practice with Gomez and Cam because Gionta do test off the ice

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
First off, again our defence was beyond pathetic. And that's been the trend so far this season. I don't think there is one person in particular to blame, you win as a team, you lose as a team. Carey Price isn't the Montreal Canadians, nor is Halak, or Cammy or whoever. It's a TEAM effort. The TEAM played horribly defensivly, fowards and defensemen alike.

Carle didn't have the best first game and i stretch the word FIRST game. Sure nerves were there, but that was a dumb penatly that he took trying to fix a brutal mistake he made. You don't correct a mistake by taking a dumb penalty. Correct a mistake like Cammy did when he fanned on the shot then stole the puck, CLEANLY then put it behind Pavelic. Anyways it was his first game, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but i still don't find he played well at all.

For those of you blaming Carrey Price,. thats all i can say. I'm not defending him, 3rd goal was super weak, but besides that goal, he played pretty well in nets. Yes you do need some key saves(which he delivered in the first and second) but your defense has to also make STANDARD/BASIC plays in front of him. Not even desperation plays but basic defensive coverage. Where were they???? Those of you blaming Price.. did you even watch the game? i mean REALLY watch it? not turning your head everyime you hear someone score! If you did, you would see that the D is to blame, not Price. And not just our defencmen but our fowards as well.

On another note, 2nd line just isnt happening. Pleks had a great goal because instead of shooting right away which he had a tendancy of doing in the past, he hesitated a fraction of a second which lead to Pavelic getting out of position just a little and found the corner. Lats for me did not contribute anything to that line. And its funny, put him on a top 6 line and his play chages again. 1 hit!!!!! didnt play physical at all. Went to the net a little more this game, which is great thats what we want from him, but missed a golden opportunity and its not one of those, ''ya but everyone misses or fans on a shot'', he does it QUITE often. And as for the little debate i saw earlier in the thread, Andre played WAYYYYYY better than Lats. He played a much more physical game and actually got some shots on net, 3 i think? and 4 hits? lats with 0 shots. Thats what Lats does, he gets promoted, then deviates from his game. He'll never understand( i wish he would). Keep him on the 3rd line please. Max pac is playing really well offensivly. Id like to see the pacc-pleks-andre get another shot again.... anyways.

Bottom line if everyone does not step it up defensivly, this team will definatly not make it to the playoffs, even when Markov comes back because the damage will be done already. And also, why is it in Montreal that there must be a controversy all the time. Why does Price have to suck, or Halak have to suck. Why can't we just support them because we have the luxury of having 2 great young goaltenders who BOTH need time to develop. Think about that one.

p.s MAB is just brutal to watch.
Well said.

Anyone who has actually played hockey and watches the games with awareness of what is actually going on will clearly see that our defence did not even do the basic things needed to limit Atl. to outside shots and low percentage shots enough. They were frequently not in the right position. Atl. had two tap in goals because the D men were not in the right position. If you look at the goals Atl. scored most of them were the result of breakdowns in the defensive coverage.

The Dmen did not cover as they should have, and the forwards did not backcheck hard enough and quick enough to cover the 3rd man in our defensive zone. Also, Atl was constantly using drop passes in our D zone to get quality shots and our forwards were not covering them.

I think A. Kosti played better than he has for a while. He was hitting, and forechecking with more intensity than he has most of the previous games this year. He also got 3 or 4 shots on the net. With Chips as his center he will not score much. The Habs have not scored even one goal with Chips on the Ice that I recall. Not one.

I think we would be helped if he played on a line with Gomez or Metro as his center. They both think pass first then shoot if no good passing option is available. Pleks thinks shoot first then pass. Remember Ryder? He had a great shot but did little or nothing if he was not getting good set ups for open quality shots and he scored 30 goals twice for the Habs.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
Well said.

Anyone who has actually played hockey and watches the games with awareness of what is actually going on will clearly see that our defence did not even do the basic things needed to limit Atl. to outside shots and low percentage shots enough. They were frequently not in the right position. Atl. had two tap in goals because the D men were not in the right position. If you look at the goals Atl. scored most of them were the result of breakdowns in the defensive coverage.

The Dmen did not cover as they should have, and the forwards did not backcheck hard enough and quick enough to cover the 3rd man in our defensive zone. Also, Atl was constantly using drop passes in our D zone to get quality shots and our forwards were not covering them.

I think A. Kosti played better than he has for a while. He was hitting, and forechecking with more intensity than he has most of the previous games this year. He also got 3 or 4 shots on the net. With Chips as his center he will not score much. The Habs have not scored even one goal with Chips on the Ice that I recall. Not one.

I think we would be helped if he played on a line with Gomez or Metro as his center. They both think pass first then shoot if no good passing option is available. Pleks thinks shoot first then pass. Remember Ryder? He had a great shot but did little or nothing if he was not getting good set ups for open quality shots and he scored 30 goals twice for the Habs.
i couldnt agree more. dont get me wrong i think plek along with cammy have been out best players for far this season. But like you said he does have the shoot first pass second mentality. If he were to just reverse that mentality he would be 2ice the center that he already is and hes doing damn well this season.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote